World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Taylerxoxo19

Need help with facts/info on GHSV1.

Taylerxoxo19

Is it true that transmission is lower from  female to male for GHSV1? And that genital to genital sex is rare when it comes to transmission? If someone performs oral sex on me, what is the transmission rate of them getting OHSV1? 

I was diagnosed in late November of 2017 and I haven’t had an outbreak since the initial one. It is now September 2018. I get tingling and itchiness every now and then but I never feel sick/fatigue/etc and the blisters never appear.. which I sometimes think the itchiness just comes from underwear/tight clothing/soap/etc... So I try not to stress as much. But baaack to the dating part. Some days I don’t think about it as much and other days, when I look back and thought about being intimate with someone... or having a long term relationship in the future, I get nervous that they’ll turn away from me because of this. I’ve always been careful.. my doctor told me I received this during oral sex from someone who had oral herpes. I just need some advice. She said it wasn’t a big deal and I wouldn’t get many outbreaks since it doesn’t like to live in the genital area (HSV1) and mostly stays in the oral area. 

So do you guys have any information or advice or stories you can share on your GHSV1? Anything to ease my mind.. especially when I do end up getting into a long term relationship/finding someone I’m going to be sexual with and I have to let them know. 

AnonF

There is a document out there that everyone references from herpesopportunity.com called "just the facts" google it, bookmark it. In a nutshell it has everything anyone needs to know. And yes, transmission from F to M is less common. That's why more women than men are infected. I was told that it is possible for someone to get oral HSV from performing oral on someone w gen HSV but it's rare and not worth worrying about (from an STI expert). I have had it the exact amount of time as you. Have you not had sex since? I have had alot and nobody has got it from me. I am serious about condom usage. I know it's not 100% protection but definitely reduces the risk. 

Taylerxoxo19

Thank you so much!! I appreciate the information. I have had a lot of sex since with people whom I thought would be potiental partners/someone I’ve been sexual with for the past two years. I’ve been trying to watch and I used condoms with some but I don’t really ever use them with the guy I’ve been sexual with for two years. I always worry a bit because I do not want to pass it on to him. He’s the only one I’ve had sex with lately.. I’ve been trying not to if they’re not serious or respectful/I don’t see anything with them. I try not to worry about it because I know female to male transmission ghsv1 is rare and low. None of my other partners that I’ve had a sexual encounter with got it from me though. 

AnonF

Have you disclosed to many of your partners? I have generally not if it seems like a 1 or 2 time fling. For the same reasons you cite. I am soon going to be with someone who works in the medical field. I don't think he's long term relationship potential, but I am thinking of disclosing, I think someone with medical knowledge might be more open minded and knowledgeable about the facts. What do you think?

Taylerxoxo19

Yes! The people I have been with have been a fling... well two of them. One I didn’t use a condom with but I assume he’s fine since we haven’t spoken/decided to end things in April. One I used with and that was a fling thing.. one guy I’ve been seeing for two years on and off but we never use protection and I see him every now and then. I really do like him. We aren’t committed but I trust him the most and have the strongest connection with him. I haven’t told anyone. 

Meraki

I have GHSV 1 and I have a lot of concerns too!  I've only had one outbreak as well but still get a lot of vaginal discharge. (Don't know if that is normal) Anyways, back to dating; can I give my man a bj without infecting him? I have never had a cold sore but i am worried I might infect him. With sex I know we will use a condom but he likes oral sex. Also can he go down on Me? The worst thing will be me infecting him. I'm not ready to talk about this with him!

AnonF
2 hours ago, Meraki said:

I have GHSV 1 and I have a lot of concerns too!  I've only had one outbreak as well but still get a lot of vaginal discharge. (Don't know if that is normal) Anyways, back to dating; can I give my man a bj without infecting him? I have never had a cold sore but i am worried I might infect him. With sex I know we will use a condom but he likes oral sex. Also can he go down on Me? The worst thing will be me infecting him. I'm not ready to talk about this with him!

If you have ghsv1 you won’t transmit it to him from giving him a bj because it’s not in your mouth. I was told by an sti expert that you can transmit hsv1 if someone goes down on you, but the risk is so low not to worry about it 

mixer4

hi, i'm following the topic and as you i have ghsv1 and i didn't have any ob since my infection in February, so just for be sure, is the tingling sensation or itchy sign of shedding the virus?  if someone give me oral sex, the chances of transmission without using a condom are really low is that right? and genital to genital as well.... as much info i get as much i'll put my mind at ease, cause i'm dating a girl with no H, we had sex but no disclosure so i'm bit worried now she looks ok, thinking to go with meds as well for be "free" with my mind