World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
mcmich

GEN-003

mcmich

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/genocea-gen-003-phase-3-ready-investigational-immunotherapy-treatment-genital-herpes-infections-hsv2

To bad no one will pick up the research on this. Not a cure, but may be helpful......

Edited by mcmich

hunger4more

"Not a cure" isnt helpful. This passive mindset isnt helping anyone. The FDA seems more interested taking the tiniest of steps in the HSV arena. They want to quickly find a slightly more effective form of valtrex so they can run a deceptive big pharma media campaign saying theyve made huge progress while milking sufferers for another 30 years as they put it off the radar and watch this thing spread more and more. If it aint an effective cure I'm good personally. I dont see it happening in our lifetime, not with the kinds if hurdles the FDA has in place nor with this kind of lack of urgency, concern, and medicinal politics in play.

Edited by hunger4more

Trace67

meh, vaccines are old news. Its time for something new. Its time to go for a cure rather than shitty vaccine and yes it might be 30 or more years.

valleynovascotia
37 minutes ago, hunger4more said:

"Not a cure" isnt helpful. This passive mindset isnt helping anyone. The FDA seems more interested taking the tiniest of steps in the HSV arena. They want to quickly find a slightly more effective form of valtrex so they can run a deceptive big pharma media campaign saying theyve made huge progress while milking sufferers for another 30 years as they put it off the radar and watch this thing spread more and more. If it aint an effective cure I'm good personally. I dont see it happening in our lifetime, not with the kinds if hurdles the FDA has in place nor with this kind of lack of urgency, concern, and medicinal politics in play.

Couldn't they at least do something too make us non- contagious so we could at least be aable too prevent the spread.

About Blank
15 hours ago, hunger4more said:

This is a very good point.

Big pharma, banks, globalists etc. don't want us to have freedom. 

GenGirl2
On 9/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, hunger4more said:

Gen 003 is the vaccine to be optimistic about. I was in the clinical trial in 2014. I cannot remember having a true breakout since then. (About 1 year after I completed the 3 shots, I had a couple of tingles...I don’t know if that was just in my head..). And when I received my swabbing results; 0 shedding during the months (I believe 1 year) after the vaccine. Gen 03 is the real thing. It is a real sad shame that there’s no funding to bring this treatment which is very close to a functional cure to market. This vaccine could literally change lives both physically and emotionally. I hope someone will partner with Genocea soon to bring this vaccine to market.

hunger4more
9 hours ago, GenGirl2 said:

Gen 003 is the vaccine to be optimistic about. I was in the clinical trial in 2014. I cannot remember having a true breakout since then. (About 1 year after I completed the 3 shots, I had a couple of tingles...I don’t know if that was just in my head..). And when I received my swabbing results; 0 shedding during the months (I believe 1 year) after the vaccine. Gen 03 is the real thing. It is a real sad shame that there’s no funding to bring this treatment which is very close to a functional cure to market. This vaccine could literally change lives both physically and emotionally. I hope someone will partner with Genocea soon to bring this vaccine to market.

Shouldnt this be enough to confirm my notions unless both of us are missing something? FDA nor the medical industry gives a shit about pursuing a solution honestly. And please if it makes you sleep better at night by disregarding what I'm saying as cynical, negative or conspiratorial, then by all means.

If the establishment was organized, structured or were really out to help the people they would ensure that the most current and effective research was kept alive. Instead politics always wins. Politics has and will always continue to be humanity's demise.

What excuse do we give the millions or billions of sufferers? We could have potentially cured you and radically changed or even given you your life back but unfortunately we just couldnt find a bored millionare willing to fund these studies? 

Meanwhile the war machine has endless funding, corporations get endless bail outs, and only new symptom releiving treatments ever seem to get agcknowledged and fast tracked? Nope, FDA fu and miss me with your bullshit.

Until the FDA gets reformed (destroyed and rebuilt) there isn't much use in keeping too much hope.

Especially when these jack asses have the nerve to publically make statements like this....

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/wall-street-admits-curing-diseases-is-bad-for-business/

Edited by hunger4more

MikeHerp

It's not clear whether this is actually real new research or a rehash of the previous Genocea research.

Voyager2
On 9/15/2018 at 10:05 PM, MikeHerp said:

It's not clear whether this is actually real new research or a rehash of the previous Genocea research.

It looks like they extended the analysis after they discontinued the vaccine program in 2017 and the results were recently published. I hope some other company continues the testing in a phase 3 trial because we need something while we're waiting for Excision Bio's CRISPR cure. Taking GEN-003, Pritlivir and Valtrex together would make a good 1-2-3 punch.

Kurdt01

Having been in two vaccine trials...I can tell you...they are not the answer....better off experimenting with natural supplements and seeing if you can find something that works for you...while were waiting for any news from the pharma world....wouldn't hold my breath though...not in our lifetime...

I say that because with the vaccines the results are a mixed bag, they seem to make as many worse as they help, for many there is no change at all...that seems to be true of all of them...they might be a miracle for some, for others they'll make your life hell for a while...it's why they all fail....

Edited by Kurdt01

dont quit!17
5 hours ago, Voyager2 said:

Taking GEN-003, Pritlivir and Valtrex together would make a good 1-2-3 punch.

That would probably be enough to halt transmission in most people. 

Freefalling87
9 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

Having been in two vaccine trials...I can tell you...they are not the answer....better off experimenting with natural supplements and seeing if you can find something that works for you...while were waiting for any news from the pharma world....wouldn't hold my breath though...not in our lifetime...

I say that because with the vaccines the results are a mixed bag, they seem to make as many worse as they help, for many there is no change at all...that seems to be true of all of them...they might be a miracle for some, for others they'll make your life hell for a while...it's why they all fail....

Were you on the one with Dr. Halford with a live-attenuated vaccine? If not, the other ones were all sub-unit vaccines which have not shown high levels of efficacy. 

ManagingIllness
10 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

That would probably be enough to halt transmission in most people. 

Valtrex already reducing days when one can transmit in half. Pritlivir decreases that same amount to 75%. (For most people this means 24 hours each month at most). Adding them together might just put most of us to zero.

GEN-003 also halves the days one could transmit. 

My thoughts are GEN-003 plus any oral drug would make you close to 0 transmission. Also, having your partner take GEN-003 prophylactic would likely reduce the severity of infection were they to acquire it. 

In sum, GEN-003 would have been  a life-changer for me. Honestly I would have got an injection once every 6 months indefinitely. (There is no data on that mind you.)

brookeb300
7 minutes ago, ManagingIllness said:

Valtrex already reducing days when one can transmit in half. Pritlivir decreases that same amount to 75%. (For most people this means 24 hours each month at most). Adding them together might just put most of us to zero.

My thoughts are GEN-003 plus any oral drug would make you close to 0 transmission. Also, having your partner take GEN-003 prophylactic would likely reduce the severity of infection were they to acquire it. 

In sum, GEN-003 would have been  a life-changer for me. Honestly I would have got an injection once every 6 months indefinitely. (There is no data on that mind you.)

Me too I was really upset when they stopped it

Kurdt01
3 hours ago, Freefalling87 said:

Were you on the one with Dr. Halford with a live-attenuated vaccine? If not, the other ones were all sub-unit vaccines which have not shown high levels of efficacy. 

Gen 3 was one I was in, phase 2, optimal dose and its the one that made me worse...me and many others...which was swept under the rug for some reason...gave one participant over 200 outbreaks the year following the shots....

Cas9
2 hours ago, Kurdt01 said:

Gen 3 was one I was in, phase 2, optimal dose and its the one that made me worse...me and many others...which was swept under the rug for some reason...gave one participant over 200 outbreaks the year following the shots....

200 OBs......OH PUHLEESE!!!

dont quit!17
4 hours ago, ManagingIllness said:

I agree, its a bummer, they couldn't make it happen. Gen-003 vaccine had a lot of potential, without the hassle of taking meds everyday. 

Kurdt01
10 hours ago, Cas9 said:

200 OBs......OH PUHLEESE!!!

Get over yourself....you have no idea unless you were a participant...everyone has a different experience..which again is why none of these ever make it...Go watch Chip Clark presenting at a conference where he casually mentions a participant committing suicide in phase one....not saying that was trial/hsv related...but you don't know what can happen when you start messing with your immune system....

Cas9
1 hour ago, Kurdt01 said:

Get over yourself....you have no idea unless you were a participant...everyone has a different experience..which again is why none of these ever make it...Go watch Chip Clark presenting at a conference where he casually mentions a participant committing suicide in phase one....not saying that was trial/hsv related...but you don't know what can happen when you start messing with your immune system....

I don't know why my comment requires me to get over myself, but anyway.....

Two hundred OBs a year means someone gets an OB every other day. That means they would get an OB on Monday, it would completely clear up on Tuesday, and on Wednesday a new OB would begin. And that pattern would continue the entire year. That's an impossible scenario. I think what is really meant is the person had lesions 200 days of the year. That's NOT 200 separate OBs; i.e. each OB spans several days.