World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Spider man

Any men been successful not transmitting to negative partner

Spider man

Any guys on here been successful? Really don’t want to do medication? Any success stories where the guy just had a pretty healthy lifestyle and knew when there symptoms came to avoid sex? Any kids? Did you have sex with partner during pregnancy and avoided transfer to partner and baby ? Don’t need statistics. Need real stories

Constant Diplomat

Maybe there is currently no one here who is going through pregnancy, or trying to become pregnant? 

Personally, I've never transmitted it to anyone, and i've had unprotected sex with women, in periods when I was using antivirals, and while I wasn't using antivirals.

I don't get outbreaks though,

Pokemon
On 9/19/2018 at 11:33 PM, Spider man said:

Any guys on here been successful? Really don’t want to do medication? Any success stories where the guy just had a pretty healthy lifestyle and knew when there symptoms came to avoid sex? Any kids? Did you have sex with partner during pregnancy and avoided transfer to partner and baby ? Don’t need statistics. Need real stories

Would also be interested in seeing responses.

Scooby2112

I can’t say I have genital hsv1 for certain. Had some irritation for about 15 months and did test positive for hsv1 via blood.  

Never had all this burning and discomfort below my waist (butt, thighs, penis) before.  

However I have had sex for the past 18 months 6-12 times a month and not passed anything that I am aware of.  

I have never seen a blister or bump that looks like herpes.  Just this constant burning sensation just below the skin level.  

a1mbt

Ive never passed it on in 20 years even with unprotected sex (although this has only been with specific partners), but this is before i understood shedding and since became more worried about passing it to someone, especially now i want to have more children with a new partner.

If you take treatment, even around outbreaks and obv avoid sex during outbreaks, your risks are low. Lower still on low suppressive treatment, and with a condom even higher safety. But yes theres that risk like you have posted about which bugs me, still searching for the best answer. But i think ultimately the risks are there, small though. I guess you can just inform your midwife that you have it, they can test for it during later stages and worst case she will have to have a C section and not breast feed. then atleast you wont pass it to the child.

Dont forget also that just because your partner doesnt have symptoms doesnt mean they havent been passed hsv, many many people go a lifetime without any signs

Edited by a1mbt