World's Largest Herpes Support Group
2kroc

JUST WEAR CLOTHES DURING SEX!

2kroc
Just now, Cas9 said:

Good, I'm glad you finally admitted you were wrong.

That's cool, except I don't give a flying fuck about the 90% of instances were people got herpes from not using condoms! You're either desperate or a moron for trying to push that point. that's just something I said offhand before getting  to the real subject. I'm talking about the other 5-10% of instances that could've been prevented by clothing, like my instance. 

"Are we going to mention some outside case where the woman has hsv on her butt cheek and then rubs her butt cheek against a mans penis? Would clothes covering her butt have prevented that exposure? Sure."

No, I'm talking about my pelvic and thigh regions bumping against her ass and legs. not having to worry about herpes because my pants block my thighs from the herpes. I notice how you tried to rephrase the scenario into something slightly different invalidate that notion.

Cas9
13 minutes ago, 2kroc said:

"Other than that, those other areas you speak of are very unlikely to spread infection via shedding because they are in contact with the areas of the partner that have a thicker skin. They would also not necessarily be associated with the sacral ganglia so it wouldn't result in ghsv. If there were sores present instead of just shedding, the thicker skin would still be in play AND it would be more obvious that sores were present so the one with the sores would avoid contact with their partner in those areas."

Bullshit. This is how I got genital herpes! My "thicker skin" in that area did jack shit to protect me. I checked her ass and body, saw no sores yet i still caught it there. Condoms didn't stop it, and if you look at the scro-guard it does not protect the area i've mentioned. In my specific case, pants would've prevented infection. Are you going to address this?

"The bottom line is that being clothed would have very little effect on hsv transmission. Your position was that it would have a major affect (you said 90%). I disagree with that. If my position is still not clear, I don't know how else to explain it."

Ok, If penis/vaginal infection is where the majority (90%) of herpes infections happen then I'm wrong in stating it would've prevented most herpes causes. A condom is all that's needed. But this not mean wearing clothes is overkill or unnecessary. You don't need to bring this up anymore.

But clothing/scro guard would prevent every other case WHICH IS STILL A LARGE   RELEVANT AMOUNT; A CONCERN. My situation is proof positive that wearing something beyond a condom and scroto guard is not enough. How have wearing pants have been overkill?  I'll repeat it again, My situation is proof positive that wearing something beyond a condom and scroto guard is not enough, how would wearing pants have been overkill?l This is why in an individual scenario, it  makes complete sense to wear pants before sex. Why bother risking it? You don't know how immune you are and you don't know how contagious she is.

So all this shit about tummy and leg herpes not being worth the precautions? Just no. 

Btw it's called Herpes Gladitorum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_gladiatorum

"In one of the largest outbreaks ever among high-school wrestlers at a four-week intensive training camp, HSV was identified in 60 of 175 wrestlers. Lesions were on the head in 73 percent of the wrestlers, the extremities in 42 percent, and the trunk in 28 percent.[3] "

These statistics are big enough to requisite clothing use. Take note of how the COVERED torso areas had the lowest percentage.

Also, Scro-guard is no longer being produced because assholes kept mocking it online. Therefore clothing is all we have now to protect the regions beyond the penis, in absence of the scro-guard which you acknowledge as useful.

"Bullshit. This is how I got genital herpes! My "thicker skin" in that area did jack shit to protect me." -2kroc
You got genital herpes from where sir? i.e. What part of her body gave you genital herpes? Let's start there.

We were discussing sexual encounters and spreading hsv, not wrestlers with hsv. Furthermore, I never said it was impossible to spread hsv from areas where the skin is thicker, I said it was unlikely. I also separated the situation where one is shedding vs having actual sores. I already explained that to you; i.e. if sores are present there's a better chance of transmitting, compared to just shedding. And as I said in the previous post, it's more likely you we see those sores and avoid contact. Do you know if those wrestlers were just shedding? You have no idea.

2kroc
1 minute ago, Cas9 said:

"Bullshit. This is how I got genital herpes! My "thicker skin" in that area did jack shit to protect me." -2kroc
You got genital herpes from where sir? i.e. What part of her body gave you genital herpes? Let's start there.

We were discussing sexual encounters and spreading hsv, not wrestlers with hsv. Furthermore, I never said it was impossible to spread hsv from areas where the skin is thicker, I said it was unlikely. I also separated the situation where one is shedding vs having actual sores. I already explained that to you; i.e. if sores are present there's a better chance of transmitting, compared to just shedding. And as I said in the previous post, it's more likely you we see those sores and avoid contact. Do you know if those wrestlers were just shedding? You have no idea.

Her bubbling ass

What does it matter if the sores are visible or if it's shedding? Go ahead roll your eyes. Even it's unlikely there's still a CHANCE so use clothes. 

"Do you know if those wrestlers were just shedding? You have no idea."
Doesn't matter, my point of posting Herpes Gladitorium was to show you that it's a thing.  Also outbreaks are often caused caused by stress and friction. That shit over 4 weeks? There was probably  good amount of shedding going on. Enough of a risk to not wrestle at all.

Cas9
58 minutes ago, 2kroc said:

That's cool, except I don't give a flying fuck about the 90% of instances were people got herpes from not using condoms! You're either desperate or a moron for trying to push that point. that's just something I said offhand before getting  to the real subject. I'm talking about the other 5-10% of instances that could've been prevented by clothing, like my instance. 

"Are we going to mention some outside case where the woman has hsv on her butt cheek and then rubs her butt cheek against a mans penis? Would clothes covering her butt have prevented that exposure? Sure."

No, I'm talking about my pelvic and thigh regions bumping against her ass and legs. not having to worry about herpes because my pants block my thighs from the herpes. I notice how you tried to rephrase the scenario into something slightly different invalidate that notion.

It's pretty obvious you are the desperate one. So much so that you needed to change your position and finally admit that your 90% contention was B.S., which is what I was complaining about. You seem confused about where my disagreement was with you.

"No, I'm talking about my pelvic and thigh regions bumping against her ass and legs. not having to worry about herpes because my pants block my thighs from the herpes. I notice how you tried to rephrase the scenario into something slightly different invalidate that notion."   -2kroc

OK, so I laid out a scenario in an earlier comment which you addressed above in my quote; i.e. I said in that earlier comment:
"Are we going to mention some outside case where the woman has hsv on her butt cheek and then rubs her butt cheek against a mans penis? Would clothes covering her butt have prevented that exposure? Sure."  -Cas9

And now your response is:
"No, I'm talking about my pelvic and thigh regions bumping against her ass and legs. not having to worry about herpes because my pants block my thighs from the herpes. I notice how you tried to rephrase the scenario into something slightly different invalidate that notion."   -2kroc

First of all, don't accuse me of intentionally trying to invalidate what you said. It's quite possible I didn't see your statement about bumping against her ass and legs. In fact, it is exactly the case that I didn't read every single sentence of all your comments. Secondly, you in fact, never said in any of your previous comments; "my pelvic and thigh regions bumping against her ass and legs"
I just read all five of your comments that you made prior to my comment, and you never made the above statement. What you did say, was "
My herpes outbreaks are located in my legs/thighs"
And of course, even that comment has no bearing on the point I was making.

Edited by Cas9

NewBeMeowMeow

My doctor said condoms only stop sperm and anything on the shaft. Hindsight is 20/20 isn’t it. 

2kroc
1 hour ago, Cas9 said:

It's pretty obvious you are the desperate one. So much so that you needed to change your position and finally admit that your 90% contention was B.S., which is what I was complaining about. You seem confused about where my disagreement was with you.

OK, so I laid out a scenario in an earlier comment which you addressed above in my quote; i.e. I said in that earlier comment:
"Are we going to mention some outside case where the woman has hsv on her butt cheek and then rubs her butt cheek against a mans penis? Would clothes covering her butt have prevented that exposure? Sure."  -Cas9

And now your response is:

First of all, don't accuse me of intentionally trying to invalidate what you said. It's quite possible I didn't see your statement about bumping against her ass and legs. In fact, it is exactly the case that I didn't read every single sentence of all your comments. Secondly, you in fact, never said in any of your previous comments; "my pelvic and thigh regions bumping against her ass and legs"
I just read all five of your comments that you made prior to my comment, and you never made the above statement. What you did say, was "
And of course, even that comment has no bearing on the point I was making.

"It's pretty obvious you are the desperate one. So much so that you needed to change your position and finally admit that your 90% contention was B.S., which is what I was complaining about. You seem confused about where my disagreement was with you."

The 90% contention is irrelevant!  I've explained why numerous times. Me admitting myself as wrong, on that part has nothing to do with desperation but honesty and wanting you to put that shit away to focus on the actual topic. Desperation is trying to push  something irrelevant to achieve some illusion of victory. like you've been trying to do.

"First of all, don't accuse me of intentionally trying to invalidate what you said. It's quite possible I didn't see your statement about bumping against her ass and legs. In fact, it is exactly the case that I didn't read every single sentence of all your comments. Secondly, you in fact, never said in any of your previous comments; "my pelvic and thigh regions bumping against her ass and legs"
And of course, even that comment has no bearing on the point I was making."

Now you're just nitpicking. Pelvic/thighs, thighs/legs, Whatever, I mean my inner thighs which were exposed to rear. 

You agree that clothing can protect against herpes, by proxy everywhere besides the penis. Which is what I was arguing for. 

You also agree that there is a chance (however unlikely) that herpes can be transmitted outside the penis and vaginal regions from things like tummy to tummy rubbing  ass to leg to leg rubbing.

The only thing we're disagreeing on right now is if, this unlikely chance (Even >1%) is reason enough to put on clothes. I say yes, because my past experience tells me that'd be the smart thing to do. 

You say no because you got herpes from not using a goddamn condom, and thus don't understand the painful hindsight of realizing  a pair of pants  could've completely altered your destiny.

Edited by 2kroc

2kroc
44 minutes ago, NewBeMeowMeow said:

My doctor said condoms only stop sperm and anything on the shaft. Hindsight is 20/20 isn’t it. 

Condoms protect guard against herpes/hiv/etc. on the penis, 99.9% 

NewBeMeowMeow
25 minutes ago, 2kroc said:

Condoms protect guard against herpes/hiv/etc. on the penis, 99.9% 

I don’t think that is true. The rest of the body is uncovered. Definitely not 99.9%. 

2kroc
36 minutes ago, NewBeMeowMeow said:

I don’t think that is true. The rest of the body is uncovered. Definitely not 99.9%. 

I'm not saying it protects the rest of the body, i'm saying it protects the penis 99.9%

Cas9

@2kroc

"Desperation is trying to push  something irrelevant to achieve some illusion of victory. like you've been trying to do. " -2kroc

You can certainly make that claim if it makes you feel better. Your 90% comment is what started the argument and what I was most vehement about. It took a lot of arguing before you finally admitted it made no sense. Wearing clothes for outlier cases I think is overdoing it for the reasons cited, but I certainly wouldn't have been as vehement. Anyway, if that's your choice, then by all means, get dressed before sex.

"Now you're just nitpicking. Pelvic/thighs, thighs/legs, Whatever, I mean my inner thighs which were exposed to rear. "  -2kroc

This comment proves you didn't even comprehend what I said. What I was saying is that I was not trying to invalidate your scenario (as you claimed I was), and that you in fact never even stated the scenario that you claimed you did. Your actual comment was not a sexual scenario and therefore unrelated. Furthermore, even if it was related, I never read it. Therefore, accusing me of intentionally trying to invalidate you, was bullshit. It was a desperate (and disingenuous) attempt to try and balance the argument in your favor.

Edited by Cas9

2kroc

"You can certainly make that claim if it makes you feel better. Your 90% comment is what started the argument and what I was most vehement about. It took a lot of arguing before you finally admitted it made no sense. Wearing clothes for outlier cases I think is overdoing it for the reasons cited, but I certainly wouldn't have been as vehement. Anyway, if that's your choice, then by all means, get dressed before sex."

The reason, I didn't admit it is because i knew if i did you would perceive that as some sort of  leverage even which would stimulate an emotional bias thus causing you to derail from the topic. Then when I finally admit, I was wrong you did the exact same shit I meant to prevent. You're an emotional mudslide, there's only one direction you  can go and I could see it coming a mile away.

What else could I have done in my situation prevent getting herpes? What is the moderate balanced option?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This comment proves you didn't even comprehend what I said. What I was saying is that I was not trying to invalidate your scenario (as you claimed I was), and that you in fact never even stated the scenario that you claimed you did. Your actual comment was not a sexual scenario and therefore unrelated. Furthermore, even if it was related, I never read it. Therefore, accusing me of intentionally trying to invalidate you, was bullshit. It was a desperate (and disingenuous) attempt to try and balance the argument in your favor."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Not a sexual scenario"

2 kroc: "I have on my inner thighs"

And what about "You're mistaken, Ghsv can occur anywhere hence certain terms such as "oral ghsv". I have ghsv on my inner thighs and the girl that gave it to me probably had it on her ass."

What do you think I implied by that?  The astute layman would be able to intuit that i got herpes from bopping ass. 

It had nothing to do with desperation, but rather  cold  calculated logical deduction that you'd casually acknowledge the protection qualites of clothes in a dismissive manner in a subtle reaching attempt to invalidate me on a psychological level.

WilsoInAus

@2kroc I think you’re right. Wearing clothes will prevent you from being infected. No one will have sex with you (unless you pay for it) so no genital herpes!

Quest

When I broke out/ shed it usually was on my backside left side, my  upper crack or back right below the belt! Doggy style is my absolute favorite position which makes him very vulnerable! I think there definitely is an advantage to wearing some sexy clothes or latex! Or even the liquid gloves.

I think the biggest problem is that people shave now and they nick and cut themselves! That leads them open for infection on any part of the boxer area!

Another area that really concerned me was when I was riding him cowgirl style! I would see ingrown hairs at the very edge of where his legs met and that scared me and I would have him put Band-Aids over his ingrown hairs! That whole area could be protected by latex boxers! 

Edited by Quest

Cas9
6 minutes ago, Quest said:

When I broke out/ shed it usually was on my backside left side, my  upper crack or back right below the belt! Doggy style is my absolute favorite position which makes him very vulnerable! I think there definitely is an advantage to wearing some sexy clothes or latex! Or even the liquid gloves.

I think the biggest problem is that people shave now and they nick and cut themselves! That leads them open for infection on any part of the boxer area!

How would that location (upper crack) come in contact with him during doggy style sex? Maybe after the act if he fell on top of you while you're face down. I would suggest simply observing whether there are sores in these areas that are somewhat removed from the genital area. If there are no sores than the odds of you transferring to him such as the lower stomach or leg etc.., are pretty damn low. Obviously, we can come always come up with a scenario where you could transmit.

For example, if you were on your stomach and he was sliding his dick up and down your butt crack and you had sores there, then yes, he could get infected. If you were just shedding there it would be less likely but possible. But try doing that with your clothes on. I don't think that would work out very well; Do you? 

Wearing clothes during sex like that woman you portrayed in your earlier comment is sexy. But that's all together different.

Quest

Him holding my hips, grabbing ass, then grabbing his cock is what I worry about. I also worry about shedding anywhere from the boxer shorts area and that's a mighty big area. It is the unknown. It would be nice to cover the entire area and then I just don't have to worry! Then the part that is exposed which  would be a very small spot. Maybe cover with that liquid glove?!?

I just like the idea of doing my best

Edited by Quest

NewBeMeowMeow
13 hours ago, Quest said:

Him holding my hips, grabbing ass, then grabbing his cock is what I worry about. I also worry about shedding anywhere from the boxer shorts area and that's a mighty big area. It is the unknown. It would be nice to cover the entire area and then I just don't have to worry! Then the part that is exposed which  would be a very small spot. Maybe cover with that liquid glove?!?

I just like the idea of doing my best

You go girl!!!

Dutchy

Sex=being naked... Touching eachothers body.... Clothes and sex do not go very well together. If the naked part needs to be skiped... Than Lets skip sex at all... Nice when you disclose to a possible partner. Hey we can have sex.. but we need to be clothed from head to toe..... I already know how this disclosing Will end...

2kroc
7 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Sex=being naked... Touching eachothers body.... Clothes and sex do not go very well together. If the naked part needs to be skiped... Than Lets skip sex at all... Nice when you disclose to a possible partner. Hey we can have sex.. but we need to be clothed from head to toe..... I already know how this disclosing Will end...

sex = penetration

I wish someone would've told me this was an option in sex ed, I would've taken it. If you want increase your risk, that's on you but I don't mind having an orgasm in my onsie, if it means the other 95% of my body not being exposed to herpes.

WilsoInAus
15 minutes ago, 2kroc said:

sex = penetration

I wish someone would've told me this was an option in sex ed, I would've taken it. If you want increase your risk, that's on you but I don't mind having an orgasm in my onsie, if it means the other 95% of my body not being exposed to herpes.

This is carrying on a bit. 

What makes you think you even contracted genital herpes?

medicalanonymo

This was discussed earlier. Almost all shedding occurs (when asymtomatic) from the penis shaft (for male) where skin is thin, and the anus lining, same for female as well almost all shedding asymptotically occurs in the vaginal lining and anus. (Studies by terri warren Westover clinic)

But symptomatically, you would have visible sores or in case of cuts in skin there's shedding.

For the receiver (non infected) again the keratized size of thighs and scrotum can prevent the transmission largely unless you have small cuts, lesions etc.

Condoms reduces transmission by 96 % (terri warren study latest)\

Rough intense sex has much greater chance of transmission

To be almost 100 %  safe of not transmitting or contracting the virus (genital infection), easy/normal sex NOT very rough (reduces a lot), wear boxers with shaft out of the small opening/ or cut a hole, condoms (96 %  reduced). This should be almost close to zero transmission.

*But please check for sores/lesions before if possible in other locations (waist, back etc or pull boxers higher)

Edited by medicalanonymo

Quest

I thought condoms reduced 50% and then antivirals took it up to high nineties? I also thought men shed at the base and women were shedding at the entrance for the most part?

Edited by Quest

Dutchy
7 hours ago, 2kroc said:

sex = penetration

Im sorry a man in a onesie...dont think it would be a turn on....

If sex is only penetration for you? I feel a bit sorry because your missing out on lots of fun...

2kroc
10 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

This is carrying on a bit. 

What makes you think you even contracted genital herpes?

Genital herpes sores and subsequent herpes test that showed I had an acute herpes infection, which was too high to be a false positive.

Cas9
5 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Im sorry a man in a onesie...dont think it would be a turn on....

If sex is only penetration for you? I feel a bit sorry because your missing out on lots of fun...

Exactly!

Good luck to him finding a partner. What woman would want to spend her time (or lifetime) with a man who gets dressed before sex. And he wonders why it was not provided as an option in sex ed.

medicalanonymo
12 hours ago, Quest said:

I thought condoms reduced 50% and then antivirals took it up to high nineties? I also thought men shed at the base and women were shedding at the entrance for the most part?

50 % is old studies but new studies show its 96%

Clin Infect Dis. 2016 Feb 15;62(4):456-61. doi: 10.1093/cid/civ908. Epub 2015 Nov 17.
Effect of Condom Use on Per-act HSV-2 Transmission Risk in HIV-1, HSV-2-discordant Couples.
Magaret AS1, Mujugira A2, Hughes JP3, Lingappa J4, Bukusi EA5, DeBruyn G6, Delany-Moretlwe S7, Fife KH8, Gray GE9, Kapiga S10, Karita E11, Mugo NR5, Rees H7, Ronald A12, Vwalika B13, Were E14, Celum C15, Wald A16; Partners in Prevention HSV/HIV Transmission Study Team.

Terri Warren post - https://westoverheights.com/forum/question/transmission-from-male-to-female/

" Condoms reduce transmissionh= by 96% alone – if you add antiviral therapy the risk are even lower – and that’s pretty damn low. I don’t recall seeing a case of male to female transmission when both methods are used"

Per above, condoms and antivirals itself has transmission close to zero and throw in boxers .. you should be good to go

Edited by medicalanonymo