World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sadpanda90

Best medication for herpetic whitlow?

Sadpanda90

Hello. I was diagnosed with hsv2 on my middle finger and genitals. I have been taking valacyclovir 1000 mg for 2 years daily as suppressive therapy. The only time I have had an ob genitally was the first time i outbroke, that I am aware of. But my fingers, wrists, and arms outbreak consistently. Is there a medication that could help stop this? I can't handle it anymore. I have to take care of my 8 month old all day every day and I don't know what I would do if I accidentally spread it to her.

bigsusan

Hi there. I really feel for you, I have tingling in my hands often (almost daily) and bumps on them a little less often. I've been using a solution of chopped garlic soaked in vodka (found it on this site), and I try to use it every time after washing my hands, followed by lotion. It seems to be helping the bumps stay suppressed.

Gems

I also have this. I understand the fear of transmission. Being in my experience it can happen very easily in some circumstances.

I am doing natural with a naturopath and synergy. Being I am not a doctor I cannot advise you and esp as you have a young child and infectious disease on one of your hands.

Sympathies its awful to have an extensive herpes infection.