World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Chicken23

New here hi everyone

Chicken23

Hello everyone I'm new here, recently a month ago I got diagnosed with hsv1(cold sores) I'm struggling with coping with this diagnosis. I'm incredibly distraught and it's making my day to day life very difficult. How do you manage to cope? How do you get on with life? And how do you prevent from getting outbreaks?

I'm struggling a lot to accept this and finding it very difficult. The doctors say it's no big deal and don' understand how I'm feeling. I feel as though my life has ended and I don' know how to get past this and deal with this the rest of my life. I'm feeling incredibly alone right now :(

Edited by Chicken23

helpme12345

honestly you have nothing to worry about. I am assuming its oral? I have hsv1 oral but i never had an outbreak or so i recall. maybe, when i was a kid i would have but my whole family has it. You join 2/3 of the population that carries this virus and its nothing. Just dont give anyone oral sex if you are having an outbreak or oral sex at all. Ive seen plenty of people have it and they dont think anything of it. although, many dont really know cold sores is the same as oral herpes. but what my doctor told me is its better than the hsv 2 genital herpes, especially in women where it is extremely painful. 

Chicken23

Yeah it is just oral. I know a lot of the population has it, it's just hard to accept because the choice was not mine. The d*** who gave it to me knew he had it and decided not to tell me that he had it until it was too late and just brought it up in a joking way when I had an ulcer in my mouth. I was told about that as well and not to worry  about having this strain but it's hard not to. And it's so upsetting. Like needing to tell everyone that I ever go to kiss oh I have this like me having a kid isnt enough to accept here accept this as well. I don't like my chances. And I'm so afraid of getting rejected because of it but I will obviously understand completely if I am.  I think i have one on my lip and it's only been a month and a half since having the one in my mouth. I don't want to have this go on for the rest of my life :(

Kellybean

it was in your mouth? It could be a canker sore and hot hsv 

Anon222

Hey there Chicken, I agree with what helpme said. Really no one cares about OHSV-1. Not to diminish your feelings but I just want you to know that it’s going to be okay. You honestly don’t have to worry about this at all. As he also said you are now in the MAJORITY of people. Please just go on living your normal life this should not change anything at all!

Good luck! :)

Chicken23

Kelly bean yes I had an ulcer in my mouth. I know it' unusual but as soon as he had told me that I got it swabbed and it came back positive. Then I had a blood test and that came back positive as well.

Anon222

Thank you it's just incredibly difficult thing to deal with. Especially being such a new thing to me. 

It will change things though. I will never rest easy. I will always be worried about getting another one come up, I will have to pay expenses for preventative measures. I will have to tell everyone that wants to kiss me (not that I go around just kissing people but as this is life long never know how many people that may be) so it will be changing a lotg for me. I will never feel comfortable just kissing someone anymore. I will always be worried about passing it onto them. It changes my whole life. I will never be able to kiss a new born baby (If I ever have another child)  I will not be able to do so many things without stress and worry for the rest of my life:( 

Anon222

Do you really think 2/3 of the human population is on suppressive medicine for cold sores? Or that 2/3 of the population discloses that they have it before kissing someone? Of course not. OHSV is not a big deal at all. I know this is overwhelming right now but you are truly fine. Yes you will probably get more outbreaks, but the good news is your body will build up immunities and they will slowly go away. Do not make this a bigger deal than it is. Don’t stress! 

Chicken23

No I don't believe that. I dont know anyone that has it that will. I'm just paranoid and domy like the thought of being judged on something out of my control. Of course I don't believe that or I would not be in this situation. But I  would because I will not do it to anyone and take away their choice. 

I apologise i know I am overreacting with how I have been I'm just trying to accept it. It's hard not to stress. I stress about everything. I went back to my gp today and she has given me some things to think about. I know I have to move past this it will just take time but I will try my hardest to. I know there is notghing I can do about it now what's done is done. 

Chicken23

By kissing and he didn't have a cold sore but was obviously carrying it in his saliva