World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
peaceofmind04

Quick Questions

peaceofmind04

I posted my story earlier , but want to ask a couple more questions. Looking to get swabbed tomorrow, fingers crossed my symptoms remain down there.

Question 1: do I just ask for a pcr swab? Like nothing else to add, so they get it right. Also, how much do they cost? Everyone says expensive but around how expensive? Live in the states, CA to be specific.

Question 2: for ohsv is constant tongue lesions for the past 2 months normal? One goes another arises. I don’t want to kiss anyone if those are ohsv related haha. Not that I’m even looking until I get all this sorted, but for future reference. 

Oh and to anyone else that was having constant redness/ red dots etc down there  I tried two supplements: one was probiotics and the other was a vegetable vitamin and it seems to have helped a lot. Not as red as before , and it looks sorta like how it would look using clotrimasol. Maybe a little better than that. To me clotrimasol would keep it controlled but never really get rid of it completely. Going to be asking my Dr if they think using probiotics for women is okay, since they say it’s beneficial against yeast on the bottle lol. Granted my pcr swab doesn’t come back positive haha.

Also to anyone thinking “why are you getting a pcr swab, since it seems it’s yeast.” My answer is peace of mind because I have been getting some dull pains, itchiness, and even a sting like feeling. Like never full on stinging , but feels like it’s going to start stinging if that makes sense. Nothing too strong but my mind won’t rest if I don’t at least test for it.

thanks for the responses in advance!

WilsoInAus

In terms of your questions mate:

1. Yes you has for the swab to be tested using the PCR/NAAT technique explicitly for HSV-1 and HSV-2. Your doctor may utilise Focus Diagnostics in which case you can even quote the catalogue kit number MOL2150 Simplexa HSV-1 & HSV-2 Direct KIt. The brochure is here: https://www.focusdx.com/pdfs/brochures/DXSHSV1115.pdf

2. Tongue lesions have many causes, herpes would be well down the list of possibilities.

WilsoInAus
Just now, peaceofmind04 said:

@WilsoInAus oh yeah and do you need fluid/discharge for it to test positive? 

No, but it increases confidence in the negative result.

peaceofmind04

Lol he wouldn’t even swab me or anything, just kept saying it’s really expensive and it doesn’t matter which type you have. That they are all treated the same, and prescribed me valacyclovir. The new outbreak did seem like herpes to even me. Soooooo.... I’m probably going to ab test again in 4 weeks when it’s been 3 months since the last time I’ve had sex and see if I test positive for hsv2

Ima look into seeing another dr when I go back to my current home city. This dr told me that asymptomatic shedding is rare and that I shouldn’t worry about it. That I should only worry about when I feel prodromes and when I have lesions. Okay??? Lol

as of right now my symptoms are not normal. My tiny lesion/ulcers never scab over they just go away.  Thankfully so far any feelings have been slight discomfort , I hope it stays like that for the long run. Ima use the AVs and see how they help.  

I’ll definitely keep pursuing this until I figure out what type is down there, but I won’t get my hopes up that it’s anything else. 

Edited by peaceofmind04