World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Gale

New Here. Hello Everyone!

Gale

Hi there. I'm a male from South Asia in his 40s. I may have been exposed to HSV 5 weeks or so ago. It all began with a burning sensation post-urination roughly 20 or so days from exposure. Other symptoms were: very mild itchiness on the face, rectum, groin and tingling all over the body. My right eye has been twitching now for days. I got all tests: blood, urine, semen (culture, not routine) and STD panel done. All except the HSV IgM came out clear. Meanwhile my doctor put me on Aziwok, a broad spectrum antibiotic, saying if the infection didn't go away with it, it means it is viral and not bacterial. As it turns out, the light burning sensation hasn't gone away, in addition I see VERY light pink rashes on the cheeks. I'm assuming the worst and it's killing me. Reading here I realise that IgG shouldn't be repeated before 3-4 months at least. Meanwhile my doc advises me to get a semen routine test done to check for pus cells. I'm a very physically affectionate father to 2 growing children and have a loving wife. I don't know how to behave with them. Also, my son likes to sleep with me, I'm scared shitless thinking he might get something from the pillow covers. I'm denying them cuddling and physical touch and its effects are corroding the conviviality. Any advice will be a godsent. Also, would anyone know how a foreigner might get a Western Blot test done at University of Washington. I'm willing to fly there.

Pk@123

What kind of exposure you had & How long after you tested ?Is Hsv igm +ve? Where you live? If possible you can get wb in your city or country.Western blot done at 12 weeks post exposure. 

WilsoInAus

Was the sex unprotected?

Regardless, there is no reason to suspect a herpes infection occurred.

It seems you have a bad dose of the ‘guilts’.

Gale

Yes! The IgM shows a value of 2.08.

Gale

It was unprotected sex over a 5 day period. The thing is my burning sensation remains even after 5 days of antibiotics, as do some facial itches. 

WilsoInAus

@Gale the IgM test has no diagnostic value. It is very often false positive or triggered by an existing oral cold sore infection.

The incident has caused you enormous stress and this is more than enough to contribute to burning feelings and facial twitches. 

Gale

In that case, can you please tell me as to:

The occurence of which symptom should have one worried? Sores? How long should I wait for them?

Why hasn't my burning sensation post-urination gone away even after 5 days of antibiotics and 15 days in all?

What kind of virus might be responsible if not Herpes?

WilsoInAus

Herpes does not cause post ruination burning, nor does a bacteria like chlamydia, they are most painful at the first of the flow and during.

The burning feeling, like a thread of wool being pulled through your urethra that appears after urination but is relieved somewhat during urination is a strong sign of genitally focused anxiety - the muscles and nerves in the area are stressed, you are clenching your pelvic muscles too much.

Gale

@WilsoInAus so according to you unless sores appear, there's no proof it is herpes?

WilsoInAus

Well according to the requirements of proof, you need a positive swab or a firm positive IgG test (or Westernblot by extension).

Gale

Facts:

The exposure is now almost 6 weeks old.

IgM shows a value of 2.08.

No sores have appeared.

Itches, tingling and twitches are there. Could be psychosomatic.

The burning sensation has remained but maybe waning.

So between now and the IgG test 6-7 weeks down the line. Are there any behavioural guidelines you can give me? Safe behaviour with spouse, kids or generally? 

Many, many thanks!

WilsoInAus

Until you’re comfortable you are in the clear, the only action as a prevention to transmission measure you need to take is no sex with your wife.

Your children are not able to contact genital herpes in usual parent/child contact.

Gale

Could you please elaborate on "comfortable"? In my state I might perceive it as vague guideline. 

At what point do you think it may be safe to resume sex with wife?

WilsoInAus

I think pragmatically the 12 week IgG test should give you the comfort as to your true status. This will enable you to confidently resume sexual relations with your wife.

Gale

Some  developments:

Saw my paramour's reports, her PCR swab has come out negative. Would I be right in thinking that if I indeed had herpes, I must have passed it to her over a 5 day period of multiple instances of unprotected sex or does one have to be shedding to really pass it on? 

What conclusions might the wise persons here draw about my status from the above? Can you have that amount of sex and still not pass it on? 

Really ashamed to say it but I had one prior encounter in June with a masseur. I fingered her vagina. And washed my hands 10-15 min later. Was that exposure enough to have given herpes? And if it was, is it possible to not have passed it on to my paramour over a 5 day period of unprotected sex? 

Meanwhile, I have three red spots on my thigh and my right eye's underside is flickering like a Christmas light. 

All help is welcome. Regret if I come off as a douchebag. 

Gale

The pain after urination has not cleared up. Started some ayurvedic medicines. That made the pain go away for the most part except during one or two urinations in a day. Showed it to a urologist yesterday who checked my prostate physically and confirmed there's inflammation. My question: is can prostate inflammation cause IgM to appear in the blood test? Can prostatitis be confused with Herpes pathologically?

WilsoInAus

IgM can be triggered by rogue proteins in your blood. It is a meaningless test for an adult.

Your exposure a few months ago was not a risk of a herpes infection, no.

Are prostatitis (and prostadynia) symptoms confused as herpes? Yes they are, but only really by an anxious mind jumping at less than rational explanations. (I’ve been one of them!)

RainyDay2

I was definitely exposed to HSV2 through very brief vaginal sex, and unfortunately I have also been dealing with post urination burning ever since for over three months now.  Still havent been properly clinically diagnosed with anything yet.

cowpoke02

try dynamilcear rapid. first choice .  then bio 30 propolis  from manuka health nz treats unrinary track better anything .  turmeric is natural inflammation fighter . saved me some pain in desperation .  control what ya eat . no food additives and such . stick to milk water .  more white meat/ salt pepper . herbs .  fruit  veggies  smoothies ..   smoke pot . rick simpson oil .   trying apricot seeds next . work for cancer so figure eat some see if it helps.  don't eat 60 so arsenic don't get you . under it go little under it cancer killer with vitamins and enzymes in it.  worth a try or added to diet .  take care .  it sucks . ascorbic acid helps . that alone not minerals and such . they to much for system . more damaging .