World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Emmie17

Hsv 2 Outbreaks on my neck?

Emmie17

I’ve had hsv 2 since January and it appears my body reacts very weird- I’ve hardly had any outbreaks around my genitals- but if I eat or drink something that triggers this damn thing- and mind you I’m doing Keto and not having sugar, enriched foods, nuts, chocolate etc- I get itching and than mosquito looking bites on both sides of my neck! Wtf! I take lynsine and fish oil every day along with suppressants- and I also treat the itches and or bumps with tee tree oil but I don’t understand why this is happening?  Why my neck? And FYI  one bump on my arm. Someone on here once said it could be “utercia” aka hives which it would seems like it is- but they last for a few days and itch like crazy so now I’m unsure. Has ANYONE else had this happen? I feel like I’m going crazy

Edited by Emmie17

Cas9

@Emmie17

Very simple; GO SEE A DOCTOR. Why are you here asking us?

Believe me, every bump, itch, or sore on your skin, after contracting herpes, is not necessarily herpes and in fact is likely not.

Edited by Cas9

Emmie17

Um that was quite rude. My point was asking if others have had random itching and bumps (not sores) on other parts not exposed. I think it’s safe to say that forums like this are EXACTLY FOR topics like this. No need to be rude like that  

Cas9
25 minutes ago, Emmie17 said:

Um that was quite rude. My point was asking if others have had random itching and bumps (not sores) on other parts not exposed. I think it’s safe to say that forums like this are EXACTLY FOR topics like this. No need to be rude like that  

Asking others whether they've had the same issue is not going to diagnose/determine your issue. But a doctor will likely be able to.

Whoknew?

I get them on my neck, chest, one on my arm, legs, and almost everywhere it seems like. Mostly on my butt. They are small and usually just a bump. Never a classic herpes blister. I’ve never had a positive IGG or swab but I’m certain I have it. I’m even on suppressive meds and nothing stops these bumps. So I feel your pain. It totally sucks. 

Whoknew?
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@Whoknew? that all sounds like shingles. Get a swan tested for that!

@WilsoInAus I don’t think shingles last for 6 months. I never go a day without some kind of bump. And they go away within a few days. Plus weird feelings in my butt. I actually wish it were shingles

Edited by Whoknew?

WilsoInAus
9 minutes ago, Whoknew? said:

@WilsoInAus I don’t think shingles last for 6 months. I never go a day without some kind of bump. And they go away within a few days. Plus weird feelings in my butt. I actually wish it were shingles

Well if it cannot possibly be shingles, then it cannot possibly be HSV 1/2 for precisely the same reasons.

What are your doctors thinking? There are innumerable dermatitis issues out there to work through.

Whoknew?

@WilsoInAus I’ve been to 3 different doctors and they don’t really know what to tell me. Honestly, they are sick of seeing me. Especially after so many negative tests and western blot. They’ve tested for everything. Looking to go the Lyme disease testing route because my ex did at one time have Lyme from being bitten and still deals with issues 9 years later. Could be nothing but I at least have to try. 

WilsoInAus
31 minutes ago, Whoknew? said:

@WilsoInAus I’ve been to 3 different doctors and they don’t really know what to tell me. Honestly, they are sick of seeing me. Especially after so many negative tests and western blot. They’ve tested for everything. Looking to go the Lyme disease testing route because my ex did at one time have Lyme from being bitten and still deals with issues 9 years later. Could be nothing but I at least have to try. 

Well it is certainly time to leave HSV as a possibility wayyy behind you now.

A fresh mindset is definitely required. Maybe even a new doctor to start at the beginning and tackle what you see, start there. I don't see how this could be Lyme disease at all, don't have any preconceived ideas!

Whoknew?

@WilsoInAus I think a new doctor is a good idea. I’d love to leave HSV behind me for sure. If I didn’t have some of these typical symptoms, I most definitely would, but so hard to forget with the constant bumps and feelings. Thank you for your help. 

GlitterDx

Foliculitis? Often seen with eczema? Are you getting into a hot tub frequently? 

Have any photos?