World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Divon

Glutamin

Divon

Ok so probably not the first thread about this.

I just wanna know if anyone is taking this for hsv and if yes how many grams per day and have you been able to tell if it might have helped you?

Quest

@Quest

Managing Illnessposted the quote

I do take a gram, but I also take B complex, DHEA, magnesium oil rubbed on me, BHT dissolved in oil, turmeric, fulvic acid, St John's Wort, whole vitamins. Blitz protocol shakes and I stay alkaline unless under stress.  Dr. Berg says people under  stress will be too alkaline) I can say one thing though, if I don't sleep I will get in trouble!! I make myself get 8 hrs sleep. 

•  

@Quest

I think you might already know, but checkout glutamine. 

"Mice treated with glutamine also had higher numbers of HSV-specific IFN-γ–producing CD8 T cells in latently infected ganglia. Thus, glutamine may enhance the IFN-γ–associated immune response and reduce the rate of reactivation of latent virus infection."

Name of study: Glutamine supplementation suppresses herpes simplexvirus reactivation, 2017

•  

time to go

Hi, I have the blitz shakes protocal. I haven't started it. Was wondering how it worked for you @Quest . Do you follow exactly as instructed. What can I expect once I start. Makes it seem like you will have a lot of ob until complete. Did you continue to drink the shakes even after the first 21 days? 

Spinky

Yes, I take glutamine (5gms a day at bedtime). My own experience it that it does seem to reduce the number of breakouts.

friendlyboy
On 10/3/2018 at 8:58 AM, Divon said:

I just wanna know if anyone is taking this for hsv and if yes how many grams per day and have you been able to tell if it might have helped you?

We are not mice. We usually have plenty of glutamine from our diet.

I tried it for several months and didn't notice the smallest difference.

Anyway, it is cheap and harmless (unless you go way above the usual dosages), so go ahead.

jxc1337

I started taking glutamine as well not too long ago, about 5mg a day but haven't noticed much but I also haven't had a genital break for a couple of months now, but I did have an oral outbreak about 3 weeks ago.  I get about 1-2 oral outbreaks every year, had it since I was a child.  But besides that I think what really works for me is just maintaining a healthy diet, exercise and good sleep.  I don't eat any processed foods, rarely drink alcohol or eat sweets and try to get to the gym like 3-4 times a week.  I've pretty much eliminated all of the supplements I was on and only take 4000mg of AHCC (an immune booster), red marine algae, fulvic acid and the glutamine. @Quest

Quest
On 11/5/2018 at 10:22 AM, jxc1337 said:

I started taking glutamine as well not too long ago, about 5mg a day but haven't noticed much but I also haven't had a genital break for a couple of months now, but I did have an oral outbreak about 3 weeks ago.  I get about 1-2 oral outbreaks every year, had it since I was a child.  But besides that I think what really works for me is just maintaining a healthy diet, exercise and good sleep.  I don't eat any processed foods, rarely drink alcohol or eat sweets and try to get to the gym like 3-4 times a week.  I've pretty much eliminated all of the supplements I was on and only take 4000mg of AHCC (an immune booster), red marine algae, fulvic acid and the glutamine. @Quest

Great job! 

If you take 2 grams of glutamine it will up your human growth hormone on an empty stomach! Did you mean 5 mg or 5 G?

Quest
On 10/3/2018 at 12:58 AM, Divon said:

I am taking two grams on an empty stomach because it also increases human growth hormone if you take 2 grams

Edited by Quest