World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
butterfly1969

A question regarding my brother

butterfly1969

My brother has an interest in a lady friend. She told him that she had genital herpes. He called me and wanted to get my opinion about the situatin. She told him that she was on medication and now she is not and she hasn't had an outbreak in over ten yrs. He and I were both on the same wavelength by saying, it took a lot her for her to be honest about it, I respect her for that. Anyways, he has some questions that I couldn't really answer for him. We both agreed that he should wear a condom to reduce the risk of transmission. The thing is he loves to perform orally and hes not sure how to go about this. What happens if the genital herpes is transmitted to your mouth? would you be infected with genital herpes and have outbreaks in the genital area, even if it was transmitted by mouth? Im not sure how it works, Also he asked what his risk would be if she performed orally on him. Any respnses will be greatly appreciated, he is really close to this woman and would like to take it to the next level.

Caliope

this link might be helpful.

http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_simplex_1_and_2.htm

herpes is spread by skin to skin contact.

if someone has a coldsore (herpes oral infection) and performs oral sex on another uninfected person they can transmit from oral to genital.

if someone has a genital infection and has sex with an uninfected person they can transmit genital to genital.

if someone has a genital infection and an uninfected person performs oral sex on them they can transmit genital to oral.

overcomer

I decided to google dental dams today to see exactly what they are and how they are used. I found that they are a form of contraception to use when having oral sex. I thought I had hit the jackpot because the guy that I am seeing is very oral and wishes he could do me. This actually lowers the risk of spreading herpes and other STD's to your partner. It's very informative. You guys should check it out.

ouch

yeah, dental dams are great!!! The lesbian/bisexual women community has been using them for YEARS as a method of safe sex. It can be quite interesting to say the least! ;-)

Shayna

When I think of dental dams I get the image of a big rubber frisbee in your mouth :lol: ...I think I'll google it and see what they really look like....just incase I ever get into a relationship again I'll have some accurate info on the subject.

ouch

HAHAHAHA! you guys are all killing me today...I envisioned running around with a FRISBEE in my mouth...like some sex crazed rabid dog! !!!! ;-)

You are NOT far off though Shayna, they ARE somewhat frisbee-ish. Weird at first, but if you work your mojo right, they can actually be fun. My fella is a little weirded out by them, but .... something new to try out! ;-)