World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Lulupazoola

Diagnosis & treatment

Lulupazoola

:cherry_blossom: I diagnosed myself with herpes, as the drs I have seen either dont want to look at my blisters, dont want to "break the news" to me, or cant even make an intelligent guess after looking right at a blister.  Thats 2 GPs and a dermatologist.  Finally, i was sent to an immunologist.  He at least acts interested, altho im still not sure im going to the right dr.  Does anyone have any suggestions about getting to the right dr for this?  Valacyclovir makes my platelets go low.  He says i should be able to take one of the cyclovirs, just not regularly--like when i have an extra bad one or have a vacation planned.  I see people here going to various drs, including GPs, dermatologists.  

Sammie27

Have you never had a blood test to confirm whether you have HSV or not? Instead of a dermatologist you need to see a gynecologist. 

Dee22

Hey 

i see u are in usa not sure what the tests r there. I had very bad exp with drs and getting a diagnosis because there is nothing to see except excruciating pain and other symptoms. When they swabbed me it finally came back positive so try that when u feel symtoms and do not take the anti virals it can effect the Results.

u can try take a lower dose of valtrex daily as a preventer. Not the full dose. And vitamins. Other posts on this site have referenced the good ones. 

Lulupazoola

I have never been tested.  I think it looks and acts fairly typical and theres nothing else it could be.  I am taking a BUNCH of supplements now and am getting into essential oils, changing my diet.  I was having BO's back to back.  It hasnt been very long, but am very encouraged to have had a week BO free!  Oregano oil worked like a miracle for me on my last BO.  So i am checking out other antiviral essential oils, making sure to have a backup plan.  Lysine used to work for me until it didnt.  I have always been a healthy eater but it was hard to give up nuts and my fabulous homemade granola in which every damn ingredient was bad (oats, nuts, seeds, coconut...)   Love this forum.  Ive gotten so many ideas and so much hope...Thank u for responding to my post.

Dee22

No problem. I really recommend u get a swab and confirm it for piece of mind.