World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Mike2026

Not Sure If This Is Herpes

Mike2026

I had unprotected sex about 3 days ago and I got a single bump that has no fluid, but has a yellow tint to it when I shine a flashlight on it. I shaved recently before the unprotected sex and had some irritation prior. Is this yellow coloration associated with herpes? Please let me know if you guys think this is herpes? Thanks

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

Scooby2112

Looks like irritation infection from shaving

Mike2026

@Scooby2112 Ok so its been a couple of days since this post, no lesions or anything to worry about. But I've been looking into symptoms of herpes and I noticed that pelvic pain, headaches, and back pain are all signs of herpes. I have been experiencing slight penis pain and odd pressure in my pelvic area, as well as lower back pain that I do normally experience and I have also been feeling my lymphnodes in my genital region and they do not seem to be swollen. I have had abnormal headaches. Do you think I have anything to worry about?

blurneworder
On 10/15/2018 at 9:43 PM, Mike2026 said:

I had unprotected sex about 3 days ago and I got a single bump that has no fluid, but has a yellow tint to it when I shine a flashlight on it. I shaved recently before the unprotected sex and had some irritation prior. Is this yellow coloration associated with herpes? Please let me know if you guys think this is herpes? Thanks

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

Looks a bit similar to what I have. People will tell you it’s not herpes because it’s spred out or does not look like herpes, but my doctors are running out of answers/prescriptions to give me.

ive had a host of other symptoms never before felt in my body.

my tests are negative for now. I had a swab yesterday, but I’m not sure if it was an area that will yield anything. It was more a plea of something hurts, please swab this.

its taken me months to get someone to swab me. I recently found out a hospital did not test my blood for HSV even after I requested it. Messed up, huh?

Mike2026

Ok well the red spots have gone away, do you still have any external symtpoms?

blurneworder
8 hours ago, Mike2026 said:

Ok well the red spots have gone away, do you still have any external symtpoms?

Yes, the spots show up every day and stay for a day or two.

my lips tingle and always feel like they are chapped.

the skin around my anus is red and itchy all day.

my scrotum is red and itchy 

Scooby2112

Nothing being described sounds specific to herpes.  

Some of what is being described occur during a primary outbreak but are isolated to that and occur for about a month in conjunction with the outbreak.  Then do not recur with recurrent outbreaks.  

In general I would guess not having it but nothing can be sure other than a swab test.