World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Celinaxox

I'm angry.

Celinaxox

I'm just so fucking angry right now. I was diagnosed in Feb with ghsv1 after a fucking threesome i was pressured into, I feel like an idiot but it was with a doctor and and nurse who claimed to be std free. 3 days later I have white stinky discharge and I cant even sit down properly due to giant ulcers all over my genital area. and the fucking nurse who gave me oral said "oh I get coldsores I had one in the summer I just take some valtrex for it it's no big deal it's not even an std" fuckk you so you even took medication for a virus you didn't alert me of. the fact that I got it sexually makes it an STD. she started saying like oh it looked like you shaved too much so the virus probably got in that way.. so uh yeah now it's my fault ??? I really cant grasp how ignorant people can be. I cut these people out of my life as they were strangers but I just feel so upset. like I now get herpes on my mouth and nose too. its painful . my genital outbreaks are damn near constant even though I'm taking antivirals.. like it feels like I have some aggressive super strain or something. I just really needed to vent and to remind you guys as hard as it is... disclose this

Newone2

I get where you are coming from. It aggravates me to no end that people with cold sores get so butt hurt when it’s a big deal for someone that doesn’t have the virus. Nothing against people with the virus as I myself now have it too but I feel like people with cold sores in general are wayyy too damn  nonchalant about it. I started seeing a woman who didn’t disclose to me until after feelings were involved and that put me in a bad position. I was thinking about leaving the relationship because every time I expressed my concern about her giving it to me (she did not take meds since she had it from the age of 7) she would get defensive and tell me how much I made her feel unwanted or disgusting. She would tell me I was being a germaphob and a  hypochondriac. That it was “no big deal” and I shouldn’t worry. I asked my doctor and he said the same thing. So did my best friend even though he himself had never been in my situation. I began thinking maybe I was being  ridiculous for worrying about it and gave in. I  allowed her to give me oral for the first time in over a year and bam Ghsv1. She didn’t even have a cold sore present. It was the single biggest mistake of my life. I’m so angry that people with cold sores or more accurately oral herpes because that’s what it really is treat it as though they have diet herpes or herpes lite. If I had oral herpes I would never give oral because I wouldn’t want to pass it to anyone else ever and I wouldn’t feel bad for someone being cautious about not wanting to be exposed. I feel as though I was guilted and misled into contracting this bullshit. Moral of the story is some people are just shit and doctors are morons. I’m sorry this has happened to both of us. Just try and be strong as you can be and stay hopeful for the future. There are a lot of really great minds working on a fix for this evil bullshit and maybe in a few years we will see a cure. It’s what keeps me going. This site has really helped a lot too. Just knowing I’m not alone and actually being able to talk about it really does help.

2kroc

Sorry this happened to you, No fucking way I'd ever want to casually transmit my herpes like it's fucking nothing. Is that bitch going to give you free prescription? Is she going to sit with you through the fucking outbreaks? Is she going to be at your side when a potential lover backs away from you because you had the decency to disclose

I have a date coming soon, no way I'm going into a serious relationship with her and not telling her the risk. Fuck these garbage people that get std's and think nothing of it and choose their carnality over consideration.

Newone2
1 hour ago, 2kroc said:

Sorry this happened to you, No fucking way I'd ever want to casually transmit my herpes like it's fucking nothing. Is that bitch going to give you free prescription? Is she going to sit with you through the fucking outbreaks? Is she going to be at your side when a potential lover backs away from you because you had the decency to disclose

I have a date coming soon, no way I'm going into a serious relationship with her and not telling her the risk. Fuck these garbage people that get std's and think nothing of it and choose their carnality over consideration.

Thanks man. It hasn’t been easy. I’m still with her but I do have to say it’s very much a love/hate relationship now because of this. I almost feel like I’m just staying with her now because I feel like no rational person will ever want me again. Everyone says this is not the case but I’ve never been lucky when it comes to relationships in the first place and now I have this too.  The only good news is that it’s ghsv1 so I’m hoping I’ll never get another outbreak. I’m still very salty about her careless attitude towards the whole situation though. It could have been prevented easily if she would have been an adult about it and taken her condition as seriously as I wanted to. I should have left when she showed me how little she cared about herpes. Now I’m fucked for life.

2kroc
13 minutes ago, Newone2 said:

Thanks man. It hasn’t been easy. I’m still with her but I do have to say it’s very much a love/hate relationship now because of this. I almost feel like I’m just staying with her now because I feel like no rational person will ever want me again. Everyone says this is not the case but I’ve never been lucky when it comes to relationships in the first place and now I have this too.  The only good news is that it’s ghsv1 so I’m hoping I’ll never get another outbreak. I’m still very salty about her careless attitude towards the whole situation though. It could have been prevented easily if she would have been an adult about it and taken her condition as seriously as I wanted to. I should have left when she showed me how little she cared about herpes. Now I’m fucked for life.

I was responding Celina fox, but same thing for you as well. Sorry to hear about you getting herpes that way. I got it from trying to compensate my social skills with prostitutes. It's even worse tha you knew what was at risk, and feared that fate. Most people have sex and don't even think about the possibility of herpes, much less its ramifications. 

That's what I get for messing around with prostitutes. I also knew fully well that I was risking herpes, but i severely underestimated  it because of the inane notion that this is a harmless disease hardly worth mentioning and the whole 1% , f-to-m transmission rate bullshit. 

If i get a girl, I'm not disclosing until we've developed deep feelings for each other or the situation warrants a disclosure. But I'll do it before we start talking about marriage. If they reject me, I'll understand. 

Edited by 2kroc

Newone2
On 12/14/2018 at 10:34 PM, 2kroc said:

I was responding Celina fox, but same thing for you as well. Sorry to hear about you getting herpes that way. I got it from trying to compensate my social skills with prostitutes. It's even worse tha you knew what was at risk, and feared that fate. Most people have sex and don't even think about the possibility of herpes, much less its ramifications. 

That's what I get for messing around with prostitutes. I also knew fully well that I was risking herpes, but i severely underestimated  it because of the inane notion that this is a harmless disease hardly worth mentioning and the whole 1% , f-to-m transmission rate bullshit. 

If i get a girl, I'm not disclosing until we've developed deep feelings for each other or the situation warrants a disclosure. But I'll do it before we start talking about marriage. If they reject me, I'll understand. 

Even with that being said you still didn’t deserve herpes. I’m sorry for your unfortunate situation as well. The misinformation and in my opinion downright dishonesty by the medical community regarding this disease that is given to us is absurd. Had my doctor been truthful with me instead of “selling” me herpes by giving me a bunch of bs statistics I could have made a better choice.

KeepThriving
On 12/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, 2kroc said:

@2kroc - Thank you for this.  It's nice to see a male on here stepping up and not letting his own selfish, impulsive desires get in the way of caring about another human being and the potential risk he would place on her.  Good luck to you, and hope it works out for you with your date!! 

blurneworder

I’ve not been diagnosed with HSV, but I have had symptoms ever since unprotected sex with a girl.

She told me after that it was recommended she get checked for HSV, but she was too scared to do it. She was also too scared to tell me.

Now I’m miserable due to the daily pain this is causing me