World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Forest

Incurable STDs could be eliminated after revolutionary breakthrough

valleynovascotia

I think someone else posted about this. I read the same article, it's exciting news lets hope it succeeds.

Trace67

Experts will also tell you that we can travel to a future without herpes if we hang out near a black hole and its true but you're gonna have to wait a long damn time to do that. Just saying there better be something else coming.

hunger4more

Institutional pipe dreams, they should be fined/held accountable for making these kinds of statements and misleading the public.... The FDA would never allow such a breakthrough.... that's reliable income drop kicked right off their menu.

ManagingIllness
On 11/11/2018 at 11:04 PM, Hopefullyhopeless said:

But HIV doesn't go dormant like herpes right?

You can have HIV for many years without developing AIDs, if that is what you're asking.

Hopefullyhopeless
On 11/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, ManagingIllness said:

You can have HIV for many years without developing AIDs, if that is what you're asking.

Usually ppl tend to know when they have HIV as opposed to herpes right?

Evaluate
On 11/15/2018 at 10:37 PM, Hopefullyhopeless said:

Usually ppl tend to know when they have HIV as opposed to herpes right?

Not necessarily.  HSV usually causes visible symptoms (lesions), however, HIV can manifest itself as many different things.  From pneumonia to the common cold to more, often misdiagnosed as another ailment.  People with HIV can live very full lives (one study actually showed a higher life expectancy than those without the virus), it's the addition of AIDS that typically causes the ill effects and the drastic decrease in health due to complications.

Hopefullyhopeless
3 minutes ago, Evaluate said:

Not necessarily.  HSV usually causes visible symptoms (lesions), however, HIV can manifest itself as many different things.  From pneumonia to the common cold to more, often misdiagnosed as another ailment.  People with HIV can live very full lives (one study actually showed a higher life expectancy than those without the virus), it's the addition of AIDS that typically causes the ill effects and the drastic decrease in health due to complications.

Well said,

Thanks for the information friend.

Tone123

FDA will never pass it even tho they can over charge on the vaccine and people will most likely pay it. It'll be ready in Japan first then governments will follow suit to get some of the money as well

Hopefullyhopeless
23 hours ago, Tone123 said:

FDA will never pass it even tho they can over charge on the vaccine and people will most likely pay it. It'll be ready in Japan first then governments will follow suit to get some of the money as well

America is a business. & a dirty one at that

Scooby2112
On 11/13/2018 at 2:33 PM, hunger4more said:

Institutional pipe dreams, they should be fined/held accountable for making these kinds of statements and misleading the public.... The FDA would never allow such a breakthrough.... that's reliable income drop kicked right off their menu.

The FDA doesn’t control information in the UK

On 11/17/2018 at 12:27 PM, Tone123 said:

The FDA doesn’t make any money on drug sales.  A company has to market it.  

Edited by Scooby2112