World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Mike2026

Unsure If this is herpes

Mike2026

Ok so its been five days since I had unprotected sex, I have this one abnormal spot that seems to a herpe sore. I have also been experiencing pelvic pain, back pain and headaches. No pain urinating, but a frequent urge to urinate. What do you guys think about the physical appearance of this sore, as well as the internal symptoms?

IMG_1580.PNG

WilsoInAus

There’s nothing visually or in what you describe that is suggestive of herpes.

See your doctor if you have concerns, there’s plenty of things on the list of possibilities here.

Mike2026

Ok well you can't really see the sore but it suddenly appeared after I had been examining my penis thoroughly every couple of hours. My pelvic pain and burning in general pubic region kept me up all night. @WilsonInAus

Scooby2112

Very unlikely to be herpes.  Primary herpes rarely would be one bump.  

And broad general sensations are generally not herpes. 

Mike2026

What do you mean by primary herpes? Do you mean outbreak?

Scooby2112
On 10/19/2018 at 11:48 AM, Mike2026 said:

What do you mean by primary herpes? Do you mean outbreak?

I mean a primary outbreak (first one) would likely be more than one bump.  

Mike2026

@Scooby2112 , @WilsonInAus, I recently went to three different doctors. The first was an urgent clinic, five days after unprotected sex, with my original symptoms of pelvic burning and pain, and the physical symptoms (pictures I posted above). I got tested for everything except HSV-1 and HSV-1, they took urine and blood and everything came up negative. I was still paranoid about my symptoms, so ten days after the unprotected sex happened, (even though the pelvic pain and burning subsided and no sores showed up a dull pain came where my lymph nodes are in my inner thigh. Though I could've irritated the area myself as I had been massaging the area looking to see if my lymph nodes had swelled, and couldn't come to a conclusion myself. I went to the sexual reproductive department met a doctor there for her to look at the general area and feel my lymph nodes and she said everything checked out and I can be "reasonably certain" that I do not have herpes. Within 24 hours I got a dark red rash halfway down my thigh that had no open or visible sores. I thought maybe it could mean herpes, so I went for a walk in with a general physician and she took a look at my entire genital area, noted all symptoms, and felt my lymph nodes and said again that everything checks out. It is now 16 days after unprotected sex and I have these physical symptoms with no pain urinating or ejaculating. The thing to note is in the last four days I've been masturbating more than usual and have not been using lotion.

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

ExhaustedGirl1

Seems ok to me. It's good that you got checked out by some doctors. I think you'll be able to have piece of mind with blood tests. If I were you I'd do one now to get a baseline of my status and then again 12-16 weeks post exposure to see if anything changes but I highly doubt any of this is herpes related.

blurneworder

The photos don’t look bad to me. The other symptoms are strange, but blood work should be the first in this case.

If you experience flu-like symptoms, that could be cause for alarm.

What about the person you slept with? What’s their story when it comes to their sexual health?

Mike2026

@blurneworder I have been fatigued  a bit but not sick in any noticeable ways. The girl I slept with says she was tested in the summer and came back negative for "everything", but I don't know what she tested for. I kept asking her questions and she just told me as far as she knows she is clean and that gave me some confidence about the whole situation. 

I was also tested for HSV-2 about 3 months ago and everything came back negative.

blurneworder

Fatigue can be associated in some cases, but it’s still too early to tell in your situation.

I would ask that girl if she was actually tested for HSV and if it was an IGG test or not. There’s a chance they may not know the answer.

Other people’s bodies react different to HSV, so unless they have obvious symptoms, you can’t put too much stock in it.

3 months and no positive is good. Some people will tell you that it’s possible to test positive months later, but I don’t have statistics to back that claim up. I base it on the experiences of people on this site and some others.

WilsoInAus

Looks like something that all men get from time to time. Not herpes related that’s fer sure.

Scooby2112

Can't really see anything obvious.  Photo is kind of blurry.  When in doubt get it swabbed while it's fresh to be sure.  

blurneworder

I've gotten those before, but on a different spot. It hurts like hell if I run my finger across it. It feels like a cut.

Unfortunately, I'e never had it swabbed because the doctors either can't see it or tell me it's nothing to swab.

WilsoInAus

Hey great news, hope you are totally convinced with that advice, sounds right to me.