World's Largest Herpes Support Group
viralfrog

Over 4 Years with HSV-2, Symptoms Keep Getting Worse with Non-Stop Outbreaks Despite Suppressive Therapy (Need HELP!)

mconcerned1986
On 12/15/2018 at 6:54 AM, viralfrog said:

Little update, I've upped the dose of Zinc to 100mg/days on rest days and 160mg/day for workout days. I also just came to Europe for holidays and I'm freezing in this weather (My body is used to tropical Thailand weather). The cold weather seems to strenghten my immunity somehow, as the OB is clearing off. I have experienced the same in the past - always on my trips to cold countries it seems to get better. 

I wonder if hot weather could cause this? I do spend most of my time indoors with AC at 25 degrees celcius in Thailand though and always protect myself from the sun. 

What was your exposure? Unprotected vaginal and oral sex? 

viralfrog
On 6/14/2019 at 1:47 AM, Eastern said:

ViralFrog- I noticed in your original post that you mentioned that you regularly consume whey protein. Whey protein is one of two foods that I must completely avoid (the other is cashews fwiw). Any consumption of whey protein and I get an ob

I’ve been lurking here recently and this is my first post, but thought I’d pass on my experience in case it may help you. 

That is interesting and I might try to stop it for a while or change brands. The thing is though, that I have been using whey protein daily for the last 10 years. I did change brand some time ago though to a pure, unflavoured whey isolate. I doubt that's the cause, but it's definitely worth a try. I'll see if I can find some alternatives for fast absorbing protein after my workouts. Maybe I can put chicken breast in the blender or similar. 

On 6/15/2019 at 8:33 AM, Kurdt01 said:

Saw Palmetto (Natures finestride) seems like a trigger for me....Was taking for thinning hair, but every time I take it, it causes OB's.

I once tried this before I even hard Herpes and had a terrible side effect. It caused an itchy rash all over my groin. 

14 hours ago, mconcerned1986 said:

What was your exposure? Unprotected vaginal and oral sex? 

Protected vaginal sex during days where my immunity was very low. Had been binge drinking on a party island.. but the condom broke, which is when I most likely caught the virus. 

viralfrog

Little update again: 

No improvements for me, still getting the same: constant redness on my penis, with tiny blisters forming as the old ones heal. This is together with continuous lethargy and a pulsating pain in my right groin lymph node. I also have sleeping problems, that are associated with the outbreaks. Usually, if the OB gets slightly better, I'll also sleep better. But right now, I wake up every morning too early like 6:30 feeling like my body is fighting something and I can't relax and sleep anymore. I get under 7 hours of sleep each night, but my body needs around 8-9 to feel normal. Unlike some others, I'm extremely sensitive to having enough sleep, which is also related to my heavy workouts. Of course it could be also the other way around, that I'm getting OBs because of poor sleep. 

I went to get my bloods tested about a month ago and everything came back as normal (full blood count, thyroids etc.) but I found my vitamin D levels were low. I've been since spending a bit more time in the sun (normally avoid it) and eating a Vitamin D3 supplement daily (5000iu) without improvements to my OBs. I'm so disappointed, as I already got exited being onto something after finding that low Vitamin D-levels are associated inability of the body to fight viral diseases. Based on my research, 5000iu of D3 for several weeks should've definitely increased the levels by now, so I doubt that was the cause :( . My testosterone and estradiol levels were also a bit high as I just changed testosterone medication, but I have confirmed in the past that this is not likely the cause. 

My cortisol level was 17.3 ug% measured around 2pm (normal 3.7-19.4 ug% before 10AM, 2.9-17.3 ug% after 5PM). This could suggest that my cortisol levels are a bit high, but they are quite hard to measure and change during the day. I recall @IcantThinkofaName you suggested measuring these. Any comments? This was on a week day without any physical activities beforehand, except riding to the lab on a motorcycle in hot weather. Anyways, I can't really find any info on how to reduce these levels apart of relaxing more. For the record, I have tried quitting the gym completely (etc.). 

I used some Xanax on the weekend which made me sleep well and feel much better. But obviously such addictive and strong benzodiazepine is not a long term solution. Next week I will try some cannabis to see if that helps with the sleep. I will get some indica strain and will vape it with a herbal vaporizer. 

I will not give up the fight, next to try on the list:

• Confirm Vitamin D levels are back normal
  • Quit whey protein for a week 
  • Cannabis before bed 
  • Amenalief at a higher dosage (200mg/day)
  • Pritelivir from China
  • Singles/varicella vaccine(?)
  • ... any ideas welcome! 

WilsoInAus

@viralfrog I can’t understand why you haven’t had the one test that would help! The serum in your lesions analysed. That’s gotta be your next best step.

viralfrog
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@viralfrog I can’t understand why you haven’t had the one test that would help! The serum in your lesions analysed. That’s gotta be your next best step.

I have already tested positive twice by IgG as well as a lesion swab. The swab was done a few years ago exactly on the same spot where I'm getting lesions now. The only difference is that the lesions are smaller in size and milder at the moment. I don't really see what would be the benefit for a second swab. 

WilsoInAus
6 minutes ago, viralfrog said:

I have already tested positive twice by IgG as well as a lesion swab. The swab was done a few years ago exactly on the same spot where I'm getting lesions now. The only difference is that the lesions are smaller in size and milder at the moment. I don't really see what would be the benefit for a second swab. 

Because they look for what antibodies, virus or bacteria are in the serum. For example what if you have have pemphigoid?!

Kurdt01
8 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Little update again: 

No improvements for me, still getting the same: constant redness on my penis, with tiny blisters forming as the old ones heal. This is together with continuous lethargy and a pulsating pain in my right groin lymph node. I also have sleeping problems, that are associated with the outbreaks. Usually, if the OB gets slightly better, I'll also sleep better. But right now, I wake up every morning too early like 6:30 feeling like my body is fighting something and I can't relax and sleep anymore. I get under 7 hours of sleep each night, but my body needs around 8-9 to feel normal. Unlike some others, I'm extremely sensitive to having enough sleep, which is also related to my heavy workouts. Of course it could be also the other way around, that I'm getting OBs because of poor sleep. 

I went to get my bloods tested about a month ago and everything came back as normal (full blood count, thyroids etc.) but I found my vitamin D levels were low. I've been since spending a bit more time in the sun (normally avoid it) and eating a Vitamin D3 supplement daily (5000iu) without improvements to my OBs. I'm so disappointed, as I already got exited being onto something after finding that low Vitamin D-levels are associated inability of the body to fight viral diseases. Based on my research, 5000iu of D3 for several weeks should've definitely increased the levels by now, so I doubt that was the cause :( . My testosterone and estradiol levels were also a bit high as I just changed testosterone medication, but I have confirmed in the past that this is not likely the cause. 

My cortisol level was 17.3 ug% measured around 2pm (normal 3.7-19.4 ug% before 10AM, 2.9-17.3 ug% after 5PM). This could suggest that my cortisol levels are a bit high, but they are quite hard to measure and change during the day. I recall @IcantThinkofaName you suggested measuring these. Any comments? This was on a week day without any physical activities beforehand, except riding to the lab on a motorcycle in hot weather. Anyways, I can't really find any info on how to reduce these levels apart of relaxing more. For the record, I have tried quitting the gym completely (etc.). 

I used some Xanax on the weekend which made me sleep well and feel much better. But obviously such addictive and strong benzodiazepine is not a long term solution. Next week I will try some cannabis to see if that helps with the sleep. I will get some indica strain and will vape it with a herbal vaporizer. 

• Cannabis before bed 
  • Pritelivir from China
  • ... any ideas welcome! 

Pritelivir from China? Is that available in pill form?

viralfrog
9 minutes ago, Kurdt01 said:

Pritelivir from China? Is that available in pill form?

Just found suppliers that can manufacture it in powder form. The cheapest I found was around $300 per gram, so not cheap. 

Tone123
On 10/24/2018 at 8:37 PM, viralfrog said:

1: Blood test around 1-2 weeks after first symptoms (negative)

2: Swab test 3-4 weeks after exposure (positive)

3: Blood test 3 years after exposure (positive)

Did u bloodtest anytime before the 3 year period by chance. Just curious if u maybe would of shown a positive sooner. Or u didn't bother because of the positive swab

viralfrog
22 minutes ago, Tone123 said:

Did u bloodtest anytime before the 3 year period by chance. Just curious if u maybe would of shown a positive sooner. Or u didn't bother because of the positive swab

I didn't bother as the swab was confirmed positive for HSV-2 by UK NHS. I did the blood test around 3 years later as it was part of a general STI screen. I'm sure it would have been positive after a few weeks from exposure. 

Kurdt01
4 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Just found suppliers that can manufacture it in powder form. The cheapest I found was around $300 per gram, so not cheap. 

I’d go in on some if we could figure out how to get a few months supply in a safe way and ready to go...

mconcerned1986
Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2019 at 11:19 PM, viralfrog said:

Little update again: 

• Cannabis before bed 
  • Pritelivir from China
  • ... any ideas welcome! 

Did you make sure to swab them multiple times to be sure they r due to herpes? Or is there herpes in those sores that pop up randomly? Terri suggested to do resistance testing to understand what are these blisters and if at all they r due to herpes why they r not responding to treatment and they wilL give u an alternate medicine. See the below:

“I would strongly suggest that you consider stopping the medicine (especially since it doesn’t seem to be helping) and have these outbreaks swab tested by culture (to be certain they are herpes outbreaks) and also, if positive, to do resistance testing to see if for some reason you are resistant to antiviral medicine“

https://westoverheights.com/forum/question/continuous-outbreaks/

1. Also has your test shown an established infection I.e above 3.5 on the igg and is this due to hsv1 or 2 strain? 

Edited by mconcerned1986

MiLoBeng

I would suggest you try to eat clean and simple for now. Eating clean and simple is way better than taking tons of supplement + antiviral (try cutting it down). Stay away from food trigger (which you have to find it out yourself since everyone has their own trigger). Drink more lemon juice to maintain your body pH (because virus cant thrive in alkaline environment) and let your body's immune system learn to fight the virus itself (it might takes some time though). Hope this help 

Ashleyson1977
13 hours ago, MiLoBeng said:

I would suggest you try to eat clean and simple for now. Eating clean and simple is way better than taking tons of supplement + antiviral (try cutting it down). Stay away from food trigger (which you have to find it out yourself since everyone has their own trigger). Drink more lemon juice to maintain your body pH (because virus cant thrive in alkaline environment) and let your body's immune system learn to fight the virus itself (it might takes some time though). Hope this help 

Great advice, keep it clean and simple, lemon juice is bang on for alkalinity over acidity. Stay off the whey protein yeah cos that can have lots of additives and stuff that can trigger the virus. 

viralfrog
On 6/23/2019 at 5:13 AM, Mikeike3 said:

Give up coffee. 

Ohh man. Been drinking coffee daily for 11 years, I'm addicted and a somewhat coffee enthusiast. Would be difficult and work needs to get done too ;) I recall trying it for a week a long time ago. Was feeling like complete crap, but no effects on the OBs

Little update otherwise: same shit different day. Constant outbreak that never stops. Ordered some Amenalief again to give it a second try at 200mg/day (instead of 100 as previously). Will be logging everything down on an excel sheet to keep clear track of any effects. 

I also ordered some Monolaurin that I'll try later. Probably won't help, but worth a try. 

brookeb300
30 minutes ago, viralfrog said:

Ohh man. Been drinking coffee daily for 11 years, I'm addicted and a somewhat coffee enthusiast. Would be difficult and work needs to get done too ;) I recall trying it for a week a long time ago. Was feeling like complete crap, but no effects on the OBs

Little update otherwise: same shit different day. Constant outbreak that never stops. Ordered some Amenalief again to give it a second try at 200mg/day (instead of 100 as previously). Will be logging everything down on an excel sheet to keep clear track of any effects. 

I also ordered some Monolaurin that I'll try later. Probably won't help, but worth a try. 

I am addicted to coffee too and nothing works for me either. I’ve tried without the coffee but it helps me not eat as much.  Nothing really works for me either.

Mikeike3

I'm trying valtrex 1g a day. I get lip prodrome nearly every day of the week and always have a pustule breakout above my lip but connected to it.  Dermatologist said it was behaving like hsv due to burning and tingling as well as sun activation.  I get at least one break out a week, have constant nerve pain in my thighs and glans, as well as random penile redness. 

Amena-relief is on the way. Going to try 1000mg valtrex and 100 or 50 MG amena. I thought one person here was trying 50.  I also ordered bht and am planning on trying that.

My total testosterone dropped from being normal in March (450) to low in September (250).  Low testosterone can also cause more outbreaks.  I wonder if hsv was designed in a lab as a way to lower reproduction, because studies show it targets the ovaries and also lowers sperm count.

I'm also planning to see a urologist to help with my hormone issues. 

Edited by Mikeike3

jmherped
On 7/9/2019 at 8:42 AM, viralfrog said:

Just reading this thread again.  I was thinking of taking a shot of sustanon to kickstart a new training regimen.  I caught my herpes in Thailand like vfrog, and have experienced this non-stop hell of never ending mouth burning, fatigue, fever, and lesions at back of mouth.  I stopped training and staid indoors most of the summmer as i live in cabo, Sonoran desert, extremely hot and sunny.  Have not been sick nearly as much since i quit swimming.  It is the only thing good i have left in life and want to get back in the water now that the north pacific gyre is starting to dominate again.  Just wondering if a few shots of juice might help keep the virus at bay as i try to get back into living a healthy life again.  

WilsoInAus

@jmherped your answer is to find out what is going up on for you.

You left out the bit that your symptoms all emanate from your throat that is continuous and has never been swabbed for herpes.

Your life is your choice.

jmherped
On 10/20/2018 at 9:33 AM, viralfrog said:

Hi all,

I caught HSV-2 over 4 years ago. It was pretty typical in the beginning, with a major outbreak first and further ones that followed. However, I was able to keep them under control with Acyclovir 400mg/day suppressive therapy and 1000mg a day during outbreaks.

In the past year or so, it has been getting worse and worse. The outbreaks started on my penis but later I started getting them on my buttocks too. In the last few months, they have been present only on my penis but NON-STOP. As an outbreak clears an new one will start within a few days. I can feel swollen lymph nodes on my groin and I'm constantly lethargic with a fewer-like feeling. I have had a non-stop outbreak for the last 2 months! 

Lifestyle: Since 16 years old I eat very healthy (high protein, complex carbs, vegetables), excercise 4 times a week (fitness/bodybuilding) and sleep 8-9 hours per week. I don't drink alcohol, but do drink coffee daily. Apart of HSV-2 and being on HRT I am very healthy. 

Current daily drug / supplement stack to combat the virus:

• Acyclovir 1200mg / 3200mg during outbreaks
  • L-Lysine 2000mg / 4000mg during outbreaks
  • Zinc 50mg
  • Vitamin C 1000mg
  • Multivitamin

Others I have tried without success: Valacyclovir 1000mg/d, CBD oil 

Other unrelated drugs and supplements I take that could have effects (since a long time):

• Testosterone injections (I'm on HRT, due to testicular cancer I had at 18 years old)
  • Arimidex (control Estradiol levels)
  • Finasteride 0.5mg (reduce hairloss)
  • Fish oil
  • Whey protein
  • L-glutamine
  • 5-HTP (mood/sleep boost)

I have recently started researching the possible effects of the testosterone replacement therapy and the effects of hormonal balance on HSV-2 outbreaks. I found research indicating that increased Estradiol/Progesterone levels can trigger outbreaks (can share if anyone is interested). I got labs done and found the levels were elevated, so I increased my Arimidex dosage without success. 

I have not yet tried the following supplements: Coconut oil, Probiotics, Vitamin B-12, MonoLaurin. 

Any advice what to do next :(? I'm feeling terrible for 90% of my life at the moment. When I visit a doctor / hospital they just prescribe me Acyclovir at a lower dosage I'm already taking. 

Viralfrog, fyi, I recently tried klonopin during a very depressive run and to my surprise i found that it suppresses my herpes more potently than anything, including valtrex.  I had a box and literally could not get an outbreak on this stuff regardless of how hard i tried.  I am off of it now as it is total zombie juice.  One pill will turn you into a zombie for two days.  I can’t function on the stuff.  It does put the brakes on my hsv though, and reduced my tongue burning to levels I haven’t experienced in years.  I am going to try to get my life back together, but will keep the kpin on hand.  Maybe alternate workout days with zombie days.  Just though i would tell you as our misery seems so similar in its intensity and debilitating symptoms.

jmherped
7 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

@jmherped your answer is to find out what is going up on for you.

You left out the bit that your symptoms all emanate from your throat that is continuous and has never been swabbed for herpes.

Your life is your choice.

Please fuck off Wilson.  I told you already, I’ve seen world class doctors and had all the tests done.  I have hsv 2.  The doctors did not see a need to swab what was obviously herpes to them, and my bloodwork was positive.  Go stick a swab up your crack and stop trolling.

WilsoInAus
3 minutes ago, jmherped said:

Please fuck off Wilson.  I told you already, I’ve seen world class doctors and had all the tests done.  I have hsv 2.  The doctors did not see a need to swab what was obviously herpes to them, and my bloodwork was positive.  Go stick a swab up your crack and stop trolling.

No I’m sorry you have NEVER swabbed positive for HSV-2. Fact.

You cannot be diagnosed with throat herpes without a swab.

Stop trolling and fuck off. No one has time for this nonsense.

jmherped
31 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Shut up you stupid little troll.  I have seen real medical fucking specialists, three in Thailand, two in Canada.  I have been diagnosed with this horrible disease you little fucking rat.  Why does valtrex suppress my disease if it is not herpes?  What in the fuck is your problem?  You are not a doctor.  You are just a fucking loser with some fucking serious psychological disorder. 

jmherped
37 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Furthermore, the herpes is not in my throat.  It is in my mouth and on my dick.  If you troll me again you are going to find one of the above deep in one yours.