Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
viralfrog

Over 4 Years with HSV-2, Symptoms Keep Getting Worse with Non-Stop Outbreaks Despite Suppressive Therapy (Need HELP!)

Recommended Posts

mconcerned1986
On 12/15/2018 at 6:54 AM, viralfrog said:

Little update, I've upped the dose of Zinc to 100mg/days on rest days and 160mg/day for workout days. I also just came to Europe for holidays and I'm freezing in this weather (My body is used to tropical Thailand weather). The cold weather seems to strenghten my immunity somehow, as the OB is clearing off. I have experienced the same in the past - always on my trips to cold countries it seems to get better. 

I wonder if hot weather could cause this? I do spend most of my time indoors with AC at 25 degrees celcius in Thailand though and always protect myself from the sun. 

What was your exposure? Unprotected vaginal and oral sex? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog
On 6/14/2019 at 1:47 AM, Eastern said:

ViralFrog- I noticed in your original post that you mentioned that you regularly consume whey protein. Whey protein is one of two foods that I must completely avoid (the other is cashews fwiw). Any consumption of whey protein and I get an ob

I’ve been lurking here recently and this is my first post, but thought I’d pass on my experience in case it may help you. 

That is interesting and I might try to stop it for a while or change brands. The thing is though, that I have been using whey protein daily for the last 10 years. I did change brand some time ago though to a pure, unflavoured whey isolate. I doubt that's the cause, but it's definitely worth a try. I'll see if I can find some alternatives for fast absorbing protein after my workouts. Maybe I can put chicken breast in the blender or similar. 

On 6/15/2019 at 8:33 AM, Kurdt01 said:

Saw Palmetto (Natures finestride) seems like a trigger for me....Was taking for thinning hair, but every time I take it, it causes OB's.

I once tried this before I even hard Herpes and had a terrible side effect. It caused an itchy rash all over my groin. 

14 hours ago, mconcerned1986 said:

What was your exposure? Unprotected vaginal and oral sex? 

Protected vaginal sex during days where my immunity was very low. Had been binge drinking on a party island.. but the condom broke, which is when I most likely caught the virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog

Little update again: 

No improvements for me, still getting the same: constant redness on my penis, with tiny blisters forming as the old ones heal. This is together with continuous lethargy and a pulsating pain in my right groin lymph node. I also have sleeping problems, that are associated with the outbreaks. Usually, if the OB gets slightly better, I'll also sleep better. But right now, I wake up every morning too early like 6:30 feeling like my body is fighting something and I can't relax and sleep anymore. I get under 7 hours of sleep each night, but my body needs around 8-9 to feel normal. Unlike some others, I'm extremely sensitive to having enough sleep, which is also related to my heavy workouts. Of course it could be also the other way around, that I'm getting OBs because of poor sleep. 

I went to get my bloods tested about a month ago and everything came back as normal (full blood count, thyroids etc.) but I found my vitamin D levels were low. I've been since spending a bit more time in the sun (normally avoid it) and eating a Vitamin D3 supplement daily (5000iu) without improvements to my OBs. I'm so disappointed, as I already got exited being onto something after finding that low Vitamin D-levels are associated inability of the body to fight viral diseases. Based on my research, 5000iu of D3 for several weeks should've definitely increased the levels by now, so I doubt that was the cause :( . My testosterone and estradiol levels were also a bit high as I just changed testosterone medication, but I have confirmed in the past that this is not likely the cause. 

My cortisol level was 17.3 ug% measured around 2pm (normal 3.7-19.4 ug% before 10AM, 2.9-17.3 ug% after 5PM). This could suggest that my cortisol levels are a bit high, but they are quite hard to measure and change during the day. I recall @IcantThinkofaName you suggested measuring these. Any comments? This was on a week day without any physical activities beforehand, except riding to the lab on a motorcycle in hot weather. Anyways, I can't really find any info on how to reduce these levels apart of relaxing more. For the record, I have tried quitting the gym completely (etc.). 

I used some Xanax on the weekend which made me sleep well and feel much better. But obviously such addictive and strong benzodiazepine is not a long term solution. Next week I will try some cannabis to see if that helps with the sleep. I will get some indica strain and will vape it with a herbal vaporizer. 

I will not give up the fight, next to try on the list:

  • Confirm Vitamin D levels are back normal
  • Quit whey protein for a week 
  • Cannabis before bed 
  • Amenalief at a higher dosage (200mg/day)
  • Pritelivir from China
  • Singles/varicella vaccine(?)
  • ... any ideas welcome! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

@viralfrog I can’t understand why you haven’t had the one test that would help! The serum in your lesions analysed. That’s gotta be your next best step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@viralfrog I can’t understand why you haven’t had the one test that would help! The serum in your lesions analysed. That’s gotta be your next best step.

I have already tested positive twice by IgG as well as a lesion swab. The swab was done a few years ago exactly on the same spot where I'm getting lesions now. The only difference is that the lesions are smaller in size and milder at the moment. I don't really see what would be the benefit for a second swab. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
6 minutes ago, viralfrog said:

I have already tested positive twice by IgG as well as a lesion swab. The swab was done a few years ago exactly on the same spot where I'm getting lesions now. The only difference is that the lesions are smaller in size and milder at the moment. I don't really see what would be the benefit for a second swab. 

Because they look for what antibodies, virus or bacteria are in the serum. For example what if you have have pemphigoid?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kurdt01
8 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Little update again: 

No improvements for me, still getting the same: constant redness on my penis, with tiny blisters forming as the old ones heal. This is together with continuous lethargy and a pulsating pain in my right groin lymph node. I also have sleeping problems, that are associated with the outbreaks. Usually, if the OB gets slightly better, I'll also sleep better. But right now, I wake up every morning too early like 6:30 feeling like my body is fighting something and I can't relax and sleep anymore. I get under 7 hours of sleep each night, but my body needs around 8-9 to feel normal. Unlike some others, I'm extremely sensitive to having enough sleep, which is also related to my heavy workouts. Of course it could be also the other way around, that I'm getting OBs because of poor sleep. 

I went to get my bloods tested about a month ago and everything came back as normal (full blood count, thyroids etc.) but I found my vitamin D levels were low. I've been since spending a bit more time in the sun (normally avoid it) and eating a Vitamin D3 supplement daily (5000iu) without improvements to my OBs. I'm so disappointed, as I already got exited being onto something after finding that low Vitamin D-levels are associated inability of the body to fight viral diseases. Based on my research, 5000iu of D3 for several weeks should've definitely increased the levels by now, so I doubt that was the cause :( . My testosterone and estradiol levels were also a bit high as I just changed testosterone medication, but I have confirmed in the past that this is not likely the cause. 

My cortisol level was 17.3 ug% measured around 2pm (normal 3.7-19.4 ug% before 10AM, 2.9-17.3 ug% after 5PM). This could suggest that my cortisol levels are a bit high, but they are quite hard to measure and change during the day. I recall @IcantThinkofaName you suggested measuring these. Any comments? This was on a week day without any physical activities beforehand, except riding to the lab on a motorcycle in hot weather. Anyways, I can't really find any info on how to reduce these levels apart of relaxing more. For the record, I have tried quitting the gym completely (etc.). 

I used some Xanax on the weekend which made me sleep well and feel much better. But obviously such addictive and strong benzodiazepine is not a long term solution. Next week I will try some cannabis to see if that helps with the sleep. I will get some indica strain and will vape it with a herbal vaporizer. 

I will not give up the fight, next to try on the list:

  • Confirm Vitamin D levels are back normal
  • Quit whey protein for a week 
  • Cannabis before bed 
  • Amenalief at a higher dosage (200mg/day)
  • Pritelivir from China
  • Singles/varicella vaccine(?)
  • ... any ideas welcome! 

Pritelivir from China? Is that available in pill form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog
9 minutes ago, Kurdt01 said:

Pritelivir from China? Is that available in pill form?

Just found suppliers that can manufacture it in powder form. The cheapest I found was around $300 per gram, so not cheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tone123
On 10/24/2018 at 8:37 PM, viralfrog said:

1: Blood test around 1-2 weeks after first symptoms (negative)

2: Swab test 3-4 weeks after exposure (positive)

3: Blood test 3 years after exposure (positive)

Did u bloodtest anytime before the 3 year period by chance. Just curious if u maybe would of shown a positive sooner. Or u didn't bother because of the positive swab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog
22 minutes ago, Tone123 said:

Did u bloodtest anytime before the 3 year period by chance. Just curious if u maybe would of shown a positive sooner. Or u didn't bother because of the positive swab

I didn't bother as the swab was confirmed positive for HSV-2 by UK NHS. I did the blood test around 3 years later as it was part of a general STI screen. I'm sure it would have been positive after a few weeks from exposure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kurdt01
4 hours ago, viralfrog said:

Just found suppliers that can manufacture it in powder form. The cheapest I found was around $300 per gram, so not cheap. 

I’d go in on some if we could figure out how to get a few months supply in a safe way and ready to go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mconcerned1986
Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2019 at 11:19 PM, viralfrog said:

Little update again: 

No improvements for me, still getting the same: constant redness on my penis, with tiny blisters forming as the old ones heal. This is together with continuous lethargy and a pulsating pain in my right groin lymph node. I also have sleeping problems, that are associated with the outbreaks. Usually, if the OB gets slightly better, I'll also sleep better. But right now, I wake up every morning too early like 6:30 feeling like my body is fighting something and I can't relax and sleep anymore. I get under 7 hours of sleep each night, but my body needs around 8-9 to feel normal. Unlike some others, I'm extremely sensitive to having enough sleep, which is also related to my heavy workouts. Of course it could be also the other way around, that I'm getting OBs because of poor sleep. 

I went to get my bloods tested about a month ago and everything came back as normal (full blood count, thyroids etc.) but I found my vitamin D levels were low. I've been since spending a bit more time in the sun (normally avoid it) and eating a Vitamin D3 supplement daily (5000iu) without improvements to my OBs. I'm so disappointed, as I already got exited being onto something after finding that low Vitamin D-levels are associated inability of the body to fight viral diseases. Based on my research, 5000iu of D3 for several weeks should've definitely increased the levels by now, so I doubt that was the cause :( . My testosterone and estradiol levels were also a bit high as I just changed testosterone medication, but I have confirmed in the past that this is not likely the cause. 

My cortisol level was 17.3 ug% measured around 2pm (normal 3.7-19.4 ug% before 10AM, 2.9-17.3 ug% after 5PM). This could suggest that my cortisol levels are a bit high, but they are quite hard to measure and change during the day. I recall @IcantThinkofaName you suggested measuring these. Any comments? This was on a week day without any physical activities beforehand, except riding to the lab on a motorcycle in hot weather. Anyways, I can't really find any info on how to reduce these levels apart of relaxing more. For the record, I have tried quitting the gym completely (etc.). 

I used some Xanax on the weekend which made me sleep well and feel much better. But obviously such addictive and strong benzodiazepine is not a long term solution. Next week I will try some cannabis to see if that helps with the sleep. I will get some indica strain and will vape it with a herbal vaporizer. 

I will not give up the fight, next to try on the list:

  • Confirm Vitamin D levels are back normal
  • Quit whey protein for a week 
  • Cannabis before bed 
  • Amenalief at a higher dosage (200mg/day)
  • Pritelivir from China
  • Singles/varicella vaccine(?)
  • ... any ideas welcome! 

Did you make sure to swab them multiple times to be sure they r due to herpes? Or is there herpes in those sores that pop up randomly? Terri suggested to do resistance testing to understand what are these blisters and if at all they r due to herpes why they r not responding to treatment and they wilL give u an alternate medicine. See the below:

“I would strongly suggest that you consider stopping the medicine (especially since it doesn’t seem to be helping) and have these outbreaks swab tested by culture (to be certain they are herpes outbreaks) and also, if positive, to do resistance testing to see if for some reason you are resistant to antiviral medicine“

 

https://westoverheights.com/forum/question/continuous-outbreaks/

 

1. Also has your test shown an established infection I.e above 3.5 on the igg and is this due to hsv1 or 2 strain? 

Edited by mconcerned1986

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MiLoBeng

I would suggest you try to eat clean and simple for now. Eating clean and simple is way better than taking tons of supplement + antiviral (try cutting it down). Stay away from food trigger (which you have to find it out yourself since everyone has their own trigger). Drink more lemon juice to maintain your body pH (because virus cant thrive in alkaline environment) and let your body's immune system learn to fight the virus itself (it might takes some time though). Hope this help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ashleyson1977
13 hours ago, MiLoBeng said:

I would suggest you try to eat clean and simple for now. Eating clean and simple is way better than taking tons of supplement + antiviral (try cutting it down). Stay away from food trigger (which you have to find it out yourself since everyone has their own trigger). Drink more lemon juice to maintain your body pH (because virus cant thrive in alkaline environment) and let your body's immune system learn to fight the virus itself (it might takes some time though). Hope this help 

Great advice, keep it clean and simple, lemon juice is bang on for alkalinity over acidity. Stay off the whey protein yeah cos that can have lots of additives and stuff that can trigger the virus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
viralfrog
On 6/23/2019 at 5:13 AM, Mikeike3 said:

Give up coffee. 

Ohh man. Been drinking coffee daily for 11 years, I'm addicted and a somewhat coffee enthusiast. Would be difficult and work needs to get done too ;) I recall trying it for a week a long time ago. Was feeling like complete crap, but no effects on the OBs

Little update otherwise: same shit different day. Constant outbreak that never stops. Ordered some Amenalief again to give it a second try at 200mg/day (instead of 100 as previously). Will be logging everything down on an excel sheet to keep clear track of any effects. 

I also ordered some Monolaurin that I'll try later. Probably won't help, but worth a try. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brookeb300
30 minutes ago, viralfrog said:

Ohh man. Been drinking coffee daily for 11 years, I'm addicted and a somewhat coffee enthusiast. Would be difficult and work needs to get done too ;) I recall trying it for a week a long time ago. Was feeling like complete crap, but no effects on the OBs

Little update otherwise: same shit different day. Constant outbreak that never stops. Ordered some Amenalief again to give it a second try at 200mg/day (instead of 100 as previously). Will be logging everything down on an excel sheet to keep clear track of any effects. 

I also ordered some Monolaurin that I'll try later. Probably won't help, but worth a try. 

I am addicted to coffee too and nothing works for me either. I’ve tried without the coffee but it helps me not eat as much.  Nothing really works for me either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • LadyDena
      By LadyDena
      I had HSV2 for a few years now and only got 1 to 2 outbreaks a year.  I had Mirena since the end of 2015.  Since then I'm consistently getting outbreaks.  I get outbreaks every month right at the start or end of my menstruation.  Sometimes I cant tell if I have a yeast infection or not, because I get those every now and then, but more common with birth control pills, which I'm no longer on after my body rejected 3 different types.
      I read that progesterone, which Mirena contains, increases outbreaks and lowers the body immune response to it.  I'm about to remove it now, my doctors appt is coming up.  I'm realizing this may be the cause of my consistent outbreaks.
      Anyone else have this issue or know about this, mire information is helpful.
      Thanks.
       
       
  • Trending Now

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      70,103
    • Total Posts
      473,781
  • Posts

    • Psyc4herbs
      Medical knowledge in the 50s doubled every 50 years. But guess how fast the knowledge is doubling now? 1 year. Cures are coming. This is why there is a worldwide debate on healthcare. Some want to own your health others want the cures for free. You being desperate will trample on the next person to get it whereas someone else will hope the cure is free for all.  The fight isn't for a cure anymore it's for who owns the cure. The people or the elite. With medical knowledge doubling every year and soon every 6 months with the assistance of AI a cure will be ready by 2025.  Finally the west has competition who wants to be the world's leader; China. They want to cure diseases because they want rid of capitalism and religion. May the winner have it all.
    • Quest
      Herpes simplex virus-2 transmission probability estimates based on quantity of viral shedding - NCBI by JT Schiffer · 2014 · Cited by 36 · Related articles Feb 28, 2014 · Valaciclovir, dosed once daily, lowered the HSV-2 transmission rate in a clinical ...... Reactivation of genital herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in     Maybe the answer is here. Did the westover heights contain the answer? Wilso would know. 
    • WilsoInAus
      This isn't some 1940s crime detective novel mate! We don't have process of elimination, we have active diagnosis. But to hell with that. You do not have to prove anything to doctors. They're just a bunch of clowns with meaningless tests! You're the man, you make the decisions. Whether you think you have herpes, or whether you think you don't, you're right. Be a man, be confident, if you have HSV-2 then own up to it. Stop camping around at doctors offices. Stride right back to that girl in your loosest jocks with lots of stretch room for those swollen gonads. Slam open the bedroom door and announce you're here to show her what a night with real man feels like, minus Trojans!
    • RainyDay2
      To answer your question, I have been living with pain and burning in my penis for a year now.  My symptoms started within 48 hours of attempted sex with someone who has HSV2. Doctors can’t figure it out.  I’m 90% certain HSV2 is the culprit.  All my issues started directly after the exposure.  Itching, tingling, constipation, nerve burning, testicle pain and back pain. And they all come and go. I only got a large bump in my pubic area days after the exposure.  A large amount of people with herpes don’t get typical looking lesions, so you can’t base it on that.   Hopefully you find your answer.  I pretty much have mine but have to prove it to my doctors by way of elimination.  
    • Phoenixx
      OMG if I had only known that 5 years ago... doctors have no clue of this.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.