World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Opalgirl

My Story

Opalgirl

I just went to my obgyn and by looking at me is is 95% sure... I have herpes.

Rewinding to when I met my partner. We'll call him Jay. He is am amazing, loving, outgoing and understanding man who treats me better than anyone I ever met. He treats me like a princess and loves to so hard. We waited a month after we started dating to have sex since we relaized that we loved each other and wanted to make is special. We said "I love you" two weeks in knowing each other. I've been with alot of guys but he is new and different and I know we both truely love each other. There were only two times we had unprotected sex. Fast forward three weeks after we started having sex. I was irritated between the space of my vagina and anus. Thought it was just hemeroids (seems like thats how it starts off for alot of people). Get Tucks and cream but it gets incredible worse. Some small sores spread to my anus and it was so fucking painful to even sit, walk, lay down... I finally was able to book an appointment with my obgyn (gotta get a new one since shes so unreliable). Told her the symptoms, she asked me if i had a new sexual partner, looks at me down there, swabs it, and tells me shes 95% sure. I go numb but keep it together as she tells me whats gonna happen, what to do, and how to treat outbreaks.

When she's gone I immediately call Jay and he is devastated. He didnt even know he had it since he has never had any symptoms and he only had two sexual partners in the past. He felt so responsible that he could have done this to me. Sucks how guys dont know they have it until a partner has an outbreak. We are still together and plan on getting married within the next 2 years or so. But finding the one you want to spend the rest of your life with then finding out you both have herprs just isnt fucking fair.

My parents dont know I want to marry Jay. My mom has been understanding but I'm horrified of telling my dad. Is he gonna see me as a herpes ridden whore; not his daughter? Jay doesn't know how he's gonna be able to look into my dad's eyes after he finds out. 

We just keep telling each other we're gonna get through this together. This truely shows what kind of man he is by being there for me like this. I know there alot more people out there who arent as lucky as I am, who dont have a supportive partner or parents, but this my story that I needed to get off my chest. Good luck to all you lovely people. Nothing but love to you all. 

WilsoInAus

Hey @Opalgirl I think it is important to get the proper tests done. Did you have a swab taken?

I take it there has been oral sex as well?

Opalgirl

yeah a swab was taken...she gave me this pitiful look and said she's 95% sure its gonna be herpes. I havent had an oral test...is there different medicine you have to take if it flares up in the mouth?

Atrapasueños

Dependiendo del diagnóstico no eres ninguna puta el tener hsv no te hace puta

Depending on the diagnosis you are not a bitch, having hsv does not make you a whore

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Opalgirl said:

yeah a swab was taken...she gave me this pitiful look and said she's 95% sure its gonna be herpes. I havent had an oral test...is there different medicine you have to take if it flares up in the mouth?

I mean did you receive oral sex from your partner in the week before the trouble started?

Thatguy604

So dramatic...why do your parents need to know about your Hsv status anyways? You are gonna get married, be happy together. 

Opalgirl

One: I'm close to my family. Two: they knew abour how much pain I was in and wanted to know what it could be. Three: my father is a doctor and had suspicions about my symptoms... four: are you dealing with this shit as well?...your profile picture is different

Opalgirl

again I'm ver new here so I'm still working out the kinks ans figuring things out. I apologize in advance to everyone. 

WilsoInAus

Hey @Opalgirl In that case check if your partner has ever had cold sores on his lips. The transfer of HSV-1 to genitals is a common scenario in the circumstances you describe. 

Your partner may have had oral HSV-1 since being a baby!

This makes it very important to insist that your swab is properly typed.