World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Ashlie7

If u feel somethings wrong u best believe it

Ashlie7

I came to this site because I had symptoms of hsv2 some members said doesnt it sound like it and so on. After 7 months of nerve pain and itchy vagina I was diagnosed unfortunately I have internal break outs during my period so it was very hard for any doctor to figure out after 10 doctors the std clinic, 2 gynecologist and a dermotoligist they finally got it. So for anyone who was looking for answers and get wierd feeling down there your probably right there is something wrong and it may not be hsv2 but keep pushing to find answers. Also nerve pain is a big part of hsv2 for some people it lays dormant in the ganglia my tailbone always hurt so did my upper buttocks and groin they ached and I maybe got 2 days of nothing. So for all u veterans on here having the virus for a long period of time with no nerve pain remeber not all people have the same effects it could be a differnet strain of the herpes virus so do research before u try and help someone or make them think it's all in there head only ur body can tell u when something isnt right!

Whymewhyus?

This sounds like my story but unfortunately I didn't have outbreaks to test but my doctor was kind enough to do the blood and it came back positive for hsv2 I then wanted to confirm again and I paid to have the western blot test done and it also came back positive for hsv 2 for approximately 6 months I never had a outbreak then I did and it also was tested and it was hsv 2 positive. So no don't give up. Go to as many doctors office as u need to and don't take no for a answer!!!

Ashlie7

I got an internal swab done. Been on suppressive therapy for three days and it seems to be making things worse so hopefully it helps I had to leave my job because the nerve pain and muscle aches were so bad. I my self never had had an outbreak I could see unfortunately but I'm positive I have had it long term. 

Notthesame
6 hours ago, Whymewhyus? said:

This sounds like my story but unfortunately I didn't have outbreaks to test but my doctor was kind enough to do the blood and it came back positive for hsv2 I then wanted to confirm again and I paid to have the western blot test done and it also came back positive for hsv 2 for approximately 6 months I never had a outbreak then I did and it also was tested and it was hsv 2 positive. So no don't give up. Go to as many doctors office as u need to and don't take no for 

Was it 6months from ur encounter ur igg showed positive or are u not sure when u contracted it 

Notthesame
13 hours ago, Ashlie7 said:

I got an internal swab done. Been on suppressive therapy for three days and it seems to be making things worse so hopefully it helps I had to leave my job because the nerve pain and muscle aches were so bad. I my self never had had an outbreak I could see unfortunately but I'm positive I have had it long term. 

Did u ever do an igg test during the 7 months u wer undiagnosed 

Terrell
On 10/25/2018 at 5:14 PM, Ashlie7 said:

I came to this site because I had symptoms of hsv2 some members said doesnt it sound like it and so on. After 7 months of nerve pain and itchy vagina I was diagnosed unfortunately I have internal break outs during my period so it was very hard for any doctor to figure out after 10 doctors the std clinic, 2 gynecologist and a dermotoligist they finally got it. So for anyone who was looking for answers and get wierd feeling down there your probably right there is something wrong and it may not be hsv2 but keep pushing to find answers. Also nerve pain is a big part of hsv2 for some people it lays dormant in the ganglia my tailbone always hurt so did my upper buttocks and groin they ached and I maybe got 2 days of nothing. So for all u veterans on here having the virus for a long period of time with no nerve pain remeber not all people have the same effects it could be a differnet strain of the herpes virus so do research before u try and help someone or make them think it's all in there head only ur body can tell u when something isnt right!

I did experience nerve pain for almost a year it took me out I almost lost my job I lost my wife it was crazy

WilsoInAus
58 minutes ago, Terrell said:

I did experience nerve pain for almost a year it took me out I almost lost my job I lost my wife it was crazy

Did you find out what it was? You’ve had a rough trot, at least herpes hasn’t contributed, praise be for such tender mercies.

Terrell
On 10/25/2018 at 5:14 PM, Ashlie7 said:

Ashlie7
17 hours ago, Terrell said:

Did u take any antivirals for the nerve pain? I can handle the itchiness I get it's the nerve pain the kills me daily all in my upper buttocks and tailbone I tried massages nerve medication nothing seems to work just aches constantly any help would be appreciated I am at my 7 month mark. 

Ashlie7
On 10/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, Notthesame said:

Did u ever do an igg test during the 7 months u wer undiagnosed 

In canada the only do igm I think and it diesnt give number at all they stopped doing igg because false positive. My results that came back where past exposure diesnt say what type so the test is useless I took 2 years ago and said the same thing. 

Terrell
On 10/28/2018 at 2:58 PM, Ashlie7 said:

Did u take any antivirals for the nerve pain? I can handle the itchiness I get it's the nerve pain the kills me daily all in my upper buttocks and tailbone I tried massages nerve medication nothing seems to work just aches constantly any help would be appreciated I am at my 7 month mark. 

If you accept my honesty? I prayed a lot a lot. Then I study immunology seriously. Doctors job is to troubleshoot conditions then treat well I troubleshoot for a live as an electrical engineer. Ok anyhow I applied lemon balm daily to infected area even in the event of no outbreak. I took antivirals after I experimented sorry but I did. So no help ok.i started no nuts, chocolate ands no peanut butter then olive leaf extract 750 mg 20% oleuropein two per day with lysine and probiotics. Results started feeling better immediately I continued this since 2014 and I can’t tell I have hsv honestly thank God thank God. Will it work for you? I can’t promise or validate that rather this is my testimony because nothing helped me .  

WilsoInAus
9 minutes ago, Terrell said:

I force them to perform a culture and they said I had been exposed.

But you test negative IgG. Plus you never had a HSV-2 partner... I wonder if it’s HSV-1 Genital from your wife?

Terrell
18 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

But you test negative IgG. Plus you never had a HSV-2 partner... I wonder if it’s HSV-1 Genital from your wife?

Yes I had protected sex with an hsv2 partner in my pass 

ExhaustedGirl1
11 minutes ago, Terrell said:

Yes I had protected sex with an hsv2 partner in my pass 

Your culture said you had been exposed? I don’t understand. You mean you had a culture that came back positive for Hsv?

Terrell
2 hours ago, ExhaustedGirl1 said:

Your culture said you had been exposed? I don’t understand. You mean you had a culture that came back positive for Hsv?

They just said results indicated I had been exposed now I understand that to mean I have hsv2.

WilsoInAus
8 minutes ago, Terrell said:

They just said results indicated I had been exposed now I understand that to mean I have hsv2.

None of it makes sense mate. I think you should pursue a Westernblot and take the result as definitive.

ExhaustedGirl1
2 hours ago, Terrell said:

Uh I would try to get my hands on those results if I were you. 

WhatAday27
On 10/25/2018 at 10:03 PM, Whymewhyus? said:

paid to have the western blot test done and it also came back positive for hsv 2

How much did the western blot test cost ? 

Whymewhyus?

It cost around 200 Canadian$ 

Not all clinic's that take blood have it so u would need to call around to the different clinic's and ask. 

Then you need to ask your doctor to fill out for blood work and when you get to the clinic to get the blood taken make sure u tell them you want the western blot.  

MikeIke

Nerve pain wouldn't really be helped by Valtrex IMHO.  You would want something like amitriptylene or for less side fx try noritryptelene, also alpha lipoic acid 600-1200 a day.  Effexor XR 37.5mg could also work.

Dee22

@Ashlie7 hi. I had the same experience my outbreak was internal the dr kept saying i have thrush as they exoected tonsee something i suppose. It is very frustrating and has emotionally warn me out and broken my truat in drs as it was a 2 year process for me. Eventually i got so sick and had a positive swab etc. im glad u have some relief at least knowing . Thanks for sharing