World's Largest Herpes Support Group
blurneworder

How many of you were told no, but eventually tested positive?

blurneworder

Currently going through rounds of doctors who discredit my feelings about being positive for HSV, despite similar symptoms and no relief from any diagnosis I’ve received.

How many of you were told to move on or that it’s just stress? How many of you were told to stop wastin time? 

Edited by blurneworder

WilsoInAus

I feel what you are seeking is the proportion of people who think they have herpes but three month testing and advice suggests negative - but they subsequently find out they were actually infected.

The answer is less than 1% of such people.

blurneworder
10 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

I feel what you are seeking is the proportion of people who think they have herpes but three month testing and advice suggests negative - but they subsequently find out they were actually infected.

The answer is less than 1% of such people.

What is your source for this information?

@Puni, any thoughts?

WilsoInAus

Webmasters of various sites have looked into a sample period of queries online for example. 

I recall Grace at MedHelp reviewed all posts over a few month period of those coming to websites thinking they had herpes despite the advice and testing to the contrary. Less than 1% subsequently received a positive diagnosis.

blurneworder
5 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Webmasters of various sites have looked into a sample period of queries online for example. 

I recall Grace at MedHelp reviewed all posts over a few month period of those coming to websites thinking they had herpes despite the advice and testing to the contrary. Less than 1% subsequently received a positive diagnosis.

Okay, thank you for the source.

Do you have any science-backed data? 

blurneworder
1 minute ago, WilsoInAus said:

No there isn’t any. Why wouldn’t the 99% apply?

I wonder how many people stated in these posts that they thought they had herpes, but turned it they did not. I’d imagine some people just moved on and never updated anything.

WilsoInAus

Not likely at all. They ended up truly believing they were negative and moved on with there life. You will see the 99% applies on this website too.

Puni

I have been in same situation, 

Maybe ghsv1 is not researched properly yet,about its strains.

Or maybe our immune system is not working properly. 

Is there any way,to,increase IGG?

blurneworder
29 minutes ago, Puni said:

I have been in same situation, 

Maybe ghsv1 is not researched properly yet,about its strains.

Or maybe our immune system is not working properly. 

Is there any way,to,increase IGG?

What do you mean by increase?

Puni

People who have less igg values are the ones who usually suffer.

Or immune system is not balanced

Is there a way to increase antibodies?

blurneworder
21 minutes ago, Puni said:

People who have less igg values are the ones who usually suffer.

Or immune system is not balanced

Is there a way to increase antibodies?

If I find out, I’ll tell you

viralfrog

I went to a STD doctor and told him I clearly have HSV 2 with one healing lesion on my penis. He told me nah, you've probably just hurt it on your zipper.. blood test came back negative (too early for antigens to show). BUT, a couple of weeks later I got tested from a lesion sample and it was positive. 

To be fair, this always happens to me. I once went to the doctor and told him looks like I have testicular cancer.. he was like nooo, are you crazy, such a young man, not possible. Told me I have an infection and gave me antibiotics. I went back and insisted sending me to a hospital, where another doctor told me the "breaking news" that I have testicular cancer after some ultrasound. 

Living with one testicle I started suffering from symptoms of low testosterone levels. I went to the doctor and said I think my T levels are too low.. he told me naah, one testicle is enough and will produce testosterone at double speed if you lose one. So I went to get tested at a private clinic and found I had the levels of a 80 year old. Now on testosterone replacement therapy. 

blurneworder
4 hours ago, viralfrog said:

I went to a STD doctor and told him I clearly have HSV 2 with one healing lesion on my penis. He told me nah, you've probably just hurt it on your zipper.. blood test came back negative (too early for antigens to show). BUT, a couple of weeks later I got tested from a lesion sample and it was positive. 

To be fair, this always happens to me. I once went to the doctor and told him looks like I have testicular cancer.. he was like nooo, are you crazy, such a young man, not possible. Told me I have an infection and gave me antibiotics. I went back and insisted sending me to a hospital, where another doctor told me the "breaking news" that I have testicular cancer after some ultrasound. 

Living with one testicle I started suffering from symptoms of low testosterone levels. I went to the doctor and said I think my T levels are too low.. he told me naah, one testicle is enough and will produce testosterone at double speed if you lose one. So I went to get tested at a private clinic and found I had the levels of a 80 year old. Now on testosterone replacement therapy. 

Sounds like my current situation.

Had a doctor tell me I had a fever blister in my mouth, but they would not swab. Told them I keep getting cuts on my penis, they would not swab. Told them a girl I was dating developed similar symptoms to what I had, they could not explain why. Another doctor told me my symptoms seems like problems associated with herpes, but told me a swab of the area I wanted seabed would yield nothing.

Finally found someone to swab me, and even they told me I'm wasting my time.

I have so many different symptoms related to herpes that some of the doctors forget to check out the areas I'm having issues with.

They keep telling me it's stress or all in my head, yet never offer an explanation to what's causing these problems. 

PeaceNeeded

Many dermatologists judging by pics and looking at last phase of my first ob never talked of H. (I had more sort of balanitis on glans than usual signs of hsv2); started to do some blood tests anyways, hiv, hep, syph... and of course hsv that resulted positive (IGM) and IGG raised to 1.0 in five months (starting from negative 0.50).

blurneworder
5 minutes ago, PeaceNeeded said:

Many dermatologists judging by pics and looking at last phase of my first ob never talked of H. (I had more sort of balanitis on glans than usual signs of hsv2); started to do some blood tests anyways, hiv, hep, syph... and of course hsv that resulted positive (IGM) and IGG raised to 1.0 in five months (starting from negative 0.50).

I experienced the same thing.

Still waiting on new blood work, swab and for someone to authorize me for Western Blot

Dee22

Hi

i had an ob and didnt know what it was. I wasnt thinking hsv. The dr brouggt it up. Then i tested negative. I felt really concerned as i knew something was wrong. I went back to the dr over wnd over at the time of symptoms but tested negative. 2 years later i got the same symtoms more  severely and made them re test me as i was left worrying for two years and it tested positive. 

I think the fear of the possible diagnosis and that i had clear symtoms that were causing so much pain had made me worry and keep asking them to test it. And  i had it :( 

ppl do get paranoid about it but my suggestion is if u feel something is wrong follow it up. See another dr 

Thursdaychild

Yes. I had a negative result during my first outbreak. It took me several attempts 6 years later to get my diagnosis. I knew I had it so kept pushing to be tested. 

blurneworder
1 hour ago, Thursdaychild said:

Yes. I had a negative result during my first outbreak. It took me several attempts 6 years later to get my diagnosis. I knew I had it so kept pushing to be tested. 

What kinds of tests were you doing , and what test  gave you a positive result?

Thursdaychild

I had swabs taken of the sores, and my first one was large and fluid-filled so should have been an easy result. The same swan test eventually turned out positive.