World's Largest Herpes Support Group
vzhe

Amenamevir + Valacyclovir personal experience

vzhe

Personal Experience: I wasn't on antivirals for a while. Two days ago I saw redness on my skin -- a clear symptom of 
a beginning outbreak. I Immediately took 400mg Amenamevir and 3g of Valacyclovir, and the same dose again the next day. A few super tiny blisters started showing the next day but didn't grow further, then started receding the same day.

Everything healed before they even became real blisters. Immediately and completely. It's now two days later and there is no visible evidence left. (normally it takes me 3-4 days to heal and then at least another 7 days for things to look normal again)

It's as if I didn't even have an outbreak. In the past high-dose Valacyclovir alone (even at higher doses than above) never produced remotely comparable results.

I haven't taken it long enough daily to know if it prevents outbreaks altogether, but given the results it seems likely.

elnino

Thanks for the update. Happy it worked for you. I just ordered yesterday and will share anything I learn from the experience. 

How long did it take you to receive it after ordering? I’m in a major US city on the eastern seaboard. 

vzhe

a couple of weeks, i didn't really track. i have another package to pick up from them. i just keep ordering. my calculation isn't really to pay for this for the rest of my life, but more for 2-8 years before we hopefully get more widely available and cheaper antivirals.

MikeHerp

3g Valtrex?  That's quite a high dose of Valtrex isn't it?  

I think the usual dose is 500mg to 1g a day.

vzhe
6 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

3g Valtrex?  That's quite a high dose of Valtrex isn't it?  

I think the usual dose is 500mg to 1g a day.

Actually it's not an uncommon dose for short-term early intervention. There's a bunch of studies on it:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC149313/

But I think 2g twice daily now is even the best practice for early intervention (doctor recommendation), can't find all the sources now, but see e.g. here: https://mospace.umsystem.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/10355/3640/WhatBestTreatmentsHerpesLabialis.pdf?sequence=1&origin=publication_detail

In CMV suppression studies they even give 2g 4-times daily. Also keep in mind I'm a big guy at 220+lbs.

Drug dosage recommendations often combine multiple different goals including effectivity, safety, and cost effectiveness. I simply do not care about cost effectiveness at all, so safety and effectiveness are all I care about. High dose short-term works better to quickly get rid of symptoms and isn't an issue unless you have impaired kidney function.

In any case valtrex alone for early intervention at doses up to 6g per day does next to nothing compared to combination therapy with an added 400mg of amenamevir.

Edited by vzhe

Spider man

Where did you purchase it

Kurdt01

@vzhe I'm just curious, does valtrex alone do anything for you? The three normal AV's have no impact on me whatsoever, I might as well be taking skittles...I bet for people like me and you the amenalief would do the trick...too bad it's so damn expensive right now...Nice to know it exists and can be had though...

dont quit!17

If Amenamevir is as effective as Pritelivir. Would you guys still disclose HSV status, if taking long term suppressive therapy to a potential partner?

(Amenamevir+Valtrex+Condoms= Probable No transmission)

There is a good probability of ZERO transmission, I would like to hear peoples feedback. 

Hopefullyhopeless
28 minutes ago, dont quit!17 said:

If Amenamevir is as effective as Pritelivir. Would you guys still disclose HSV status, if taking long term suppressive therapy to a potential partner?

There is a good probability of ZERO transmission, I would like to hear peoples feedback. 

I believe it's only right to disclose regardless. Non disclosure is why we're in this boat & feel the way we feel. Why drag others along for selfish gain?

MikeHerp

If valtrex + amenamevir showed shedding reduction over 95% and on top of that you're also wearing a condom, I personally think that disclosure in many cases would be optional. You only have to alert your partner to reasonable risks, and raising red flags about theoretical risks would probably do more harm than good to all people involved.  

However, in any serious relationship, being honest in principle is a must.  

JohnSim

No way the Valtrex might cut down the shedding but it no way means u would be safe to have unprotected sex!! I was in a situation where the Doc told me I can take Valtrex 2g per day and then I would be unable to pass it on and it still happened.  Bullshit from the Doc's and the Valtrex ppl who want to market it as a safe sex option.  

Divon
On 11/12/2018 at 5:19 AM, dont quit!17 said:

Good question. Would probably mix it up, some times disclose and some times not. I would really not see it as a big deal at all if I could prevent it that far since it would mean that if I´m in a country with 30-50% HSV2 then people would be of a bigger risk of getting it from having sex with someone who doesnt know his status anyway.  One thing is for damn sure disclosing wouldn´t feel hard at all, not even the slightest.

dont quit!17
On 11/12/2018 at 4:25 AM, MikeHerp said:

If valtrex + amenamevir showed shedding reduction over 95% and on top of that you're also wearing a condom, I personally think that disclosure in many cases would be optional. You only have to alert your partner to reasonable risks, and raising red flags about theoretical risks would probably do more harm than good to all people involved.  

However, in any serious relationship, being honest in principle is a must.  

I agree with you 100%. In a relationship, you would definitely have to disclose. Anything less than a relationship would probably be optional. 

MikeHerp
On 10/30/2018 at 12:39 PM, vzhe said:

Have you had a blood test since starting Amenalief?  

I'm just curious, because pritelivir for 30 days resulted in the following: "Compared with valacyclovir, pritelivir was associated with more statistically significant but clinically irrelevant changes in lymphocyte counts and creatinine levels."

It would be interesting to check whether your lymphocute and creatinine counts are stable.  Those are a part of the regular blood screen.

Kurdt01

What about splitting the amenivir into 100mg tabs and taking them a week on and a week off.....for people with chronic problems I wonder if this would help? And it would make one pack last 2 months...that’s a much easier financial burden to handle for most people. Any thoughts?

vzhe
20 hours ago, MikeHerp said:

Have you had a blood test since starting Amenalief?  

I'm just curious, because pritelivir for 30 days resulted in the following: "Compared with valacyclovir, pritelivir was associated with more statistically significant but clinically irrelevant changes in lymphocyte counts and creatinine levels."

It would be interesting to check whether your lymphocute and creatinine counts are stable.  Those are a part of the regular blood screen.

I've only taken it on and off not super consistently, so I don't expect much change. I haven't had a comprehensive blood test yet, just some more specific ones.

MikeHerp

ok, thanks for the answer.  I was just curious.  If you ever get your lymphocytes/creatinine levels tested, pls let us know.  Cheers and hope it continues to help.  

By the way, are you ordering Amenalief from outside of Japan?

Laurita

Hello, I would like to buy amenamevir, where I can buy this one ? Please.

I live in Belgium.

:)

MikeHerp
6 hours ago, Laurita said:

Hello, I would like to buy amenamevir, where I can buy this one ? Please.

I live in Belgium.

:)

I understand it can be ordered here.  I think some posters ordered from here.  I've never tried it.  If you try it, please let us know how it goes.  

https://www.mimaki-family-japan.com/item/list?keyword_pc=amenalief&x=0&y=0

Sean123

Purchase lemon balm oil and use it in your arsenal. If you sense an OB coming soon apply the lemon balm oil on your penis/vagina and let it dry. I find it prevents OB's.

Edited by Sean123

Blushed
On 12/20/2018 at 2:17 AM, Sean123 said:

Purchase lemon balm oil and use it in your arsenal. If you sense an OB coming soon apply the lemon balm oil on your penis/vagina and let it dry. I find it prevents OB's.

Would you elaborate on your use of the lemon balm oil, does it also help pain and itch too? I just ordered some Lemon Balm Salve.  Hoping to hear from you how it works for you.  Thank you :sign-thanks:

Sean123
5 hours ago, Blushed said:

Would you elaborate on your use of the lemon balm oil, does it also help pain and itch too? I just ordered some Lemon Balm Salve.  Hoping to hear from you how it works for you.  Thank you :sign-thanks:

Whenever you feel the tingles/burning which usually means an OB is coming soon, apply lemon balm to the area. It not only relieves the burning/tingling, it prevents the OB from forming. 

Im wondering what it could do if someone was to apply it to their penis and let ir dry before sex as I believe the oils neutralize the virus. I just dont know how it would feel inside a woman during sex though. 

Edited by Sean123

Blushed
6 hours ago, Sean123 said:

Whenever you feel the tingles/burning which usually means an OB is coming soon, apply lemon balm to the area. It not only relieves the burning/tingling, it prevents the OB from forming. 

Im wondering what it could do if someone was to apply it to their penis and let ir dry before sex as I believe the oils neutralize the virus. I just dont know how it would feel inside a woman during sex though. 

Thanks replying. Looking forward to trying it out.