World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Pequena

Not new to HSV

Pequena

I'm new here but have had my diagnosis for about 14 years.  I thought that I was past the point of being upset about my diagnosis.  I went through all of the stages of grief, but I suppose that sometimes they repeat and here we go again.  I'm way past the denial.  I'm angry and sad again.  I think that I need to talk about it with people.  It has, once again, become a weight to carry and I really think that having a "secret" is heavier than the disease.  I am hoping to find a friend(s) who wants or needs to talk and is, like me, a good listener.  

EmRose123

Pequena, 

I can definitely relate with you on the angry and sad part. I just found out Monday from test results that I have HSV2. I'm more mad at myself for making stupid decisions, and I'm mad at the situation in general. But I guess after doing more research and learning about it, it isn't as scary as an uneducated person about the topic would point it out to be. Sure, we are going to have to make accommodations for this, but it does not define you.  I'm dreading for the future and what I'm supposed to say to partners. Given that I already have depression and anxiety, it won't be easy, so there's that. But I guess if other people live with it with their partners, then there's hope. 

EmRose123

I was pretty surprised to say the least. I had generally been practicing safe-sex with this guy for a couple months now, but one night we weren't too careful. Long story short, I had found a tiny blister down there and it concerned me. I researched the symptoms I was having and of course herpes was the first thing I saw. I got a PRC test the next day, and the results came in positive on Monday. 

EmRose123

I told him that he should go get tested. He said that he hasn't had any symptoms or weird outbreaks before. But he is going to get his blood tested. Now I don't know if he has had any intimate partners before me where he had unprotected sex or if he gets around or not, (we are not partners) but my guess is that he would've carried the virus to me if so. I'm still new to all of this and kind of unfamiliar how testing would go for people who do not have outbreaks. I heard that is takes 8 weeks for the antibodies to build in your blood, so does that mean my test would come out negative? Or his test would?

WilsoInAus

Not a bad idea for both of you to immediately obtain IgG testing. Time is of the essence. 

It may very well be you would test negative and this would confirm a recent infection. 

Lola01
On 10/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, Pequena said:

I'm new here but have had my diagnosis for about 14 years.  I thought that I was past the point of being upset about my diagnosis.  I went through all of the stages of grief, but I suppose that sometimes they repeat and here we go again.  I'm way past the denial.  I'm angry and sad again.  I think that I need to talk about it with people.  It has, once again, become a weight to carry and I really think that having a "secret" is heavier than the disease.  I am hoping to find a friend(s) who wants or needs to talk and is, like me, a good listener.  

I do share your pain Pequena. I was diagnosed 1 year ago and have suffered recurrent outbreaks... I was using aciclover every time I had an outbreak and even was taking it for about 4 months none stop but decided to stop the medicine and leave my body get the strength and hopefully I'll have less outbreaks... I eat healthy and exercise regularly. 

I might still have recurrent outbreaks but just want to try. I do feel down just like you and everybody else in here who got HSV... 

One question, are you taking anything for it? And how often do you get outbreaks after being diagnosed 14 years ago? 

Sending you hugs x