World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Nicoli

Feels like my phone and laptop may be a trigger

Nicoli

Anyone else feel like their cell phone and/or laptop is a trigger? My OBs were few and far between until about 10yrs ago. About the same time I transitioned from my desk top computer with a cable WiFi connection to my WiFi enabled laptop. It's also about the time I switched from my Blackberry to a smartphone where I began to spend lots of time surfing the web. Even now, if I wear my phone on my hip with the bluetooth and WiFi enabled for extended periods of time, I start to feel an ache in my HSV2 zone. My wife does not have this experience. Her only trigger is her period about twice a year. So I doubt this is terribly common. But I KNOW it's not my imagination.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Marley91
      By Marley91
      Going on 11 weeks of back to back obs. I was diagnosed with HSV2 but it is on the palm of my hand. I just now started taking daily antivirals. Im nervous about taking the meds and any side effects I could get from taking them daily, also wondering if my body will become immune to them? 
      Is it normal to have so many outbreaks? 
      I’ve never had an ob on my genitals but I feel like I would know if I ever had right? I’m scared because my dr told me I didn’t need to tell my sexual partners and didn’t need to worry about using condoms because the ob is on my hand and I always keep it covered. Last night I started freaking out about the possibility of having it on my Genitals and wondering if I have passed it to my current partner and I’m freaking out about having to tell him. Can anyone help? I have a doctors appointment next week so I’m stuck waiting and stressing until then. 
      Im avoiding caffeine and I’m taking lysine plus a million other vitamins. What are common triggers that you all deal with? I’m staring to think I’m having so many long lasting ob’s because I’m in the sun all the time? How does that even trigger the ob? 
    • Eliza71622
      By Eliza71622
      My FWB of 7yrs, yes very complicated, every once in a while is with other ppl always uses protection. Him&I don't, I don't have HSV, he has for 4yrs from an ex,very often after sex he'll get irritated or small outbreak, from everything I've read its probably friction, he doesn't get when he uses condoms the few times other ppl, only happens with me,last time I gave him oral he got a small sore same place, he's also not cut, help need answers feel like it's me, but been tested I'm negative every time, idk?? 
    • Mysticbird123
      By Mysticbird123
      Hi  Everyone,

I have a ton of questions

I was visually diagnosed with genital herpes by nurses at a GUM clinic yesterday. Today is my third day since the beginning of the symptoms and the second day on AntiVirals. They gave me Aciclovir 400mg to take 3x daily for 5 days. After some research online I noticed that people are typically given a higher mg for 10 days. Should I ask for more medication? I am unable to walk properly and have been in bed the past 3 days. I am experiencing the typical burning sensation when I pee so I pour warm water over myself to make it more bearable. Luckily, I have no fever. *knocks on wood*

I have been exposed to many articles and videos online that debunk the stigma prior to even thinking I could contract it myself. The nurses at the clinic offered numbers for therapists if I wanted to talk it out but in all honesty, I am not at all concerned. While having herpes sucks, I'm not emotionally torn over it. What I am torn about is this excruciating pain that is limiting me from living my life. I am aware that the primary OB is the worst and reoccurrences and severity of them vary per individual. Is it possible for the pain to be gone in a week? I really want to get back to being mobile and peeing without mentally preparing myself for pain. I have an MA dissertation due in a week and I have to complete that while dealing with this pain. Also, Is it recommended I inquire about suppressive therapy and taking antivirals daily as soon as this primary OB is over?

I believe that I had dormant HSV and rough sex (dry fingering) triggered it. Has anyone else experienced that sex and only sex triggers their outbreaks? I am not sure if I have HSV1 or HSV2 since I just got swabbed yesterday but given the nature of my symptoms, I'd say it's the latter. 

Thanks for your time and I am really glad this online community and similar sites exist. God forbid, I go through this without the Internet!!
    • Nej
      By Nej
      I've seen some people say things like "I pop an antiviral before I get a bikini wax". Does taking an anti viral before a potentially OB triggering activity work? It's not something you have to take every day and build up in your system to work?

I was just diagnosed and I'm having my first outbreak. They gave me valtrex to take for 10 days . Not sure if I should ask for another script for days when I ride my bike or other things like that 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • IcantThinkofaName
      yes, get IGG testing ASAP, but be prepared for it to come back negative this first time if it is your first infection. A swab would be better if you have fresh blisters.  If they are already healed, and if its your first infection, be prepared for another subsequent OB (I'm sorry to tell you) coming soon after the first.. You can get swabbed at that one then.  Stay strong.  Support your immune system. Get rest. Take Vit. C and some other herbals might be nice...I have posted some stuff about that in the past. collodial silver gel or spray perhaps too directly on sores hugs to you
    • Sigh335
      No, no Custer. I pop it and it comes back. Thanks you so much for responding.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Franky26 your vows include "from this day forth" - there is no fine print that grants you annulment for previous actions and certainly not for the random assortment of herpes viruses that every person walks down the aisle with. To the extent that it was required (and I do not believe it is, although this is not relevant) your partner has been forgiven in the eyes of the Lord for all her past actions; as part of your marriage vows you are joined in that forgiveness. That blood test is notorious for false positives, Having an oral HSV-1 cold sore infection is a known risk factor for a false positive. So yes I do recommend obtaining a further ELISA test. You may even try to obtain the Westernblot from University of Washington for the definitive word on the subject.
    • WilsoInAus
      It is pretty definite he has HSV-2 so at least you will be concordant in that respect with no fears of passing it to him. Yes, there is a good possibility of some outbreaks within the first few months, however, this will not be a sign of your longer term experience which should improve tremendously.
    • Franky26
      Hey @WilsoInAus   Thank you for your reply, we live in north America, she did the test here in Canada, I will attach a copy of the test below. I understand your point of view but its hard for me to cope with this. I never thought this would happen to me which I m sure most people feel the same.  yes I did took vows for better or worst but I feel those vows are for whatever happens after marriage not because of something happened in the past.  i feel like this is something that is going to remind me of her past for the rest of my life. its not easy for me to look past that.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.