World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Malibu Stacy

My story

Malibu Stacy

I first found out I had herpes when I was just 22 and I am now 35.  I have never had a blood test done but was told I was “shedding” when I had a pap done when I noticed an outbreak. I was in a new relationship and had to tell him but lucky he was okay with and we got married about a year later, still married today.  The only time I ever took any medication for herpes was when I was pregnant.  I am fortunate enough to not get outbreaks very often and when I do they are mild so that’s one good thing lol. For having herpes for over 10 years I really don’t know much about it. I do remember feeling sad and ashamed when I first found out but after time and thinking much about it , I feel like it’s not really that big of a deal.  A mild skin condition that doesn’t really handicap me in any way .... there’s worse things in life. I do feel like if I was single and would have to discuss with new people I don’t fully trust my situation I would probably feel a little more stressed about having herpes so I feel for the people in that situation. 

77Concerned
On 10/31/2018 at 8:39 PM, Malibu Stacy said:

I first found out I had herpes when I was just 22 and I am now 35.  I have never had a blood test done but was told I was “shedding” when I had a pap done when I noticed an outbreak. I was in a new relationship and had to tell him but lucky he was okay with and we got married about a year later, still married today.  The only time I ever took any medication for herpes was when I was pregnant.  I am fortunate enough to not get outbreaks very often and when I do they are mild so that’s one good thing lol. For having herpes for over 10 years I really don’t know much about it. I do remember feeling sad and ashamed when I first found out but after time and thinking much about it , I feel like it’s not really that big of a deal.  A mild skin condition that doesn’t really handicap me in any way .... there’s worse things in life. I do feel like if I was single and would have to discuss with new people I don’t fully trust my situation I would probably feel a little more stressed about having herpes so I feel for the people in that situation. 

Does your husband have it as well has he ever been tested I know you're married but do you guys use condoms

Malibu Stacy

He’s never been tested but he has had outbreaks so he does have it. We don’t use condoms