World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Lovelea

Has anyone been cured? Like completely cured, with negative test result...?

Lovelea

Just curious about how if so. There are so many things out there but hard to find people actually cured...

Roja

As far as I know it is impossible to be cured. The virus just stays in our blood until we'll leave this beautiful planet ;-) 

ill47

A cure isn't currently possible. A negative blood test is though, because antivirals can drive the antibody count below 0.9. In terms of what's out there, the consensus of the medical and scientific communities is that there is no cure. Anyone saying there is is either deluded or, more likely, a scam artist. 

In ten years? Cure could be very possible. 

Trace67
10 hours ago, Lovelea said:

Just curious about how if so. There are so many things out there but hard to find people actually cured...

Hard to find because it doesn't exist. Maybe in 50 years so get ready to live most if not all of your life with it,

Celinaxox

No and it's hard to measure. Sometimes blood tests show false negatives and even then it's just testing for the antibodies and not the actual virus which lays dormant hiding from our immune systems. I heard a great explanation somewhere that it's like spilling glitter into a carpet and the only way to be cured would be to remove every little piece of glitter. the herpes will keep on replicating copies of itself and hiding out. There has been no known cure as far as we know and I'm not sure there will be anything soon. Maybe in 10+ years we will see better treatment.

Cas9
On 11/2/2018 at 12:53 PM, Roja said:

As far as I know it is impossible to be cured. The virus just stays in our blood until we'll leave this beautiful planet ;-) 

It's not in your blood; It's in your nerve cells at specific areas.

Roja
15 hours ago, Cas9 said:

It's not in your blood; It's in your nerve cells at specific areas.

That's right, sorry! 

luisjk

I read since a patient cured herps with a drug for cancer but with terrible side effects.Depending on the treatment for cancer never had any herps

WilsoInAus
25 minutes ago, luisjk said:

I read since a patient cured herps with a drug for cancer but with terrible side effects.Depending on the treatment for cancer never had any herps

Unfortunately over 50% of what people read on the internet is false. This falls deeply inside that I can confidently tell you.

ManagingIllness

There is no cure. Anyone saying otherwise is either ignorant, or is trying to take your money. 

hunger4more
On 11/20/2018 at 8:36 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Unfortunately over 50% of what people read on the internet is false. This falls deeply inside that I can confidently tell you.

Including that no one has been cured. 

valleynovascotia

There is no cure if there was we would have heard about it but anything is possible u never know what could happen. They cured hep c so maybe we will see a breakthrough cure.