World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
JM7

IGg blood test increase.

JM7

I suspect I was reinfected by a partner. 3 months ago. My igg was 16.80 today it is 19.20. 

Does this mean reinfection or is it normal that it fluctuates this much during an outbreak?

WilsoInAus

It is not really possible to be reinfected, you already carry the virus and have the immune response.

Your numbers are actually surprisingly close and reflect a very, very similar level of detected antibodies.

Every test has a slightly different control level of what constitutes a 1 and hence the ratio to 1 is also volatile with identical levels of antibodies.

It also doesn't really matter if the number varied from 5 to 50, the only implication is that you are positive for the virus.

Also note that IgG antibodies are just 1 of 80 different aspects of our incredible immune system that addresses the virus. A person's experience with herpes is dependent on the harmonious operation of the 80 elements and not any single item such as IgG.

Quest

No worries! Normal

Tone123

So this may sound stupid. If I do have this and my wife passed it on to me not knowing. Can i get reinfected on other areas of the genetals, or anywhere else? Isnt there diffetent strands of this virus. 

WilsoInAus

@Tone123 couple of points.

A person with genital herpes is already infected through their entire genital area as marked out roughly by a pair of boxer shorts.

Once your immune system is in full swing (a few months from infection) then further infection of the same type, regardless of any sub strains, is of negligible chance.

Edited by WilsoInAus