World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Hopingimwrong

Does this look like herpes?

Hopingimwrong

Jeez, and heres another one! It's at the top, obviously on the outside. Almost looks like a canker sore? But none of these are "blisters." And all are singular and spread out? I'm so confused!

https://imgur.com/a/6ugRhjJ

Hopingimwrong

I've been very ill lately, 101-103 fever for 10 days straight now. I was told it was the flu and a sinus infection, and have been on several antibiotics. I think I also had a bladder infection. Could it be that these sores are just from being ill? I also had a yeast infection.

WilsoInAus

Yes they could be yeast or bacterial related.

What was your sexual activity in the week before these sores appeared?

Can you get to a doctor for a swab?

Hopingimwrong

I've had sex with my boyfriend, and it was slightly painful due to having the yeast infection. I thought perhaps it was friction sores at first.

Hopingimwrong

Ok, back in urgent care. They are gonna swab. I still feel sick as hell, but the fever has finally broken.

Hopingimwrong

Well jeez, he didnt swab. But he said that is the absolute only thing it can be. Whatever buddy. He did order bloodwork, but I've been so sick they couldnt draw enough. I have to go back.

Hopingimwrong

Anyone else take a peek and offer opinion? Hanging onto a shred of hope that perhaps I didnt just catch something I have to deal with the rest of my life. 

Hopingimwrong

https://imgur.com/a/ECSRLE8

This is what they look like today. The ones on the bottom are gone. The one on top is going away. The one on the side hasnt changed much. Sorry for the close crop job, of course I had to start my period through all this mess. Trying to spare yall.

Hopingimwrong

My fever is back. I swear I just want to give up. This is day 12 STRAIGHT of at least a 101 fever. I've missed 4 days of work. I'm out of sick leave and into leave without pay. I have small kids that need me (thankfully my boyfriend has been helping me.) But I need some encouragement. Please tell me herpes doesnt kill. The sores are an annoyance. This fever is going to kill me. 

Scooby2112

Herpes doesn't kill.  If the doctor thought this was herpes did he give you anti-virals?   That should start to act quickly

Hopingimwrong

Valtrax. Been talking it religiously ever since I picked it up. It's a lot of pills. The sores have turned very tender. I'm slowly accepting this as my new reality. It sucks and I don't want this. :cry:

Edited by Hopingimwrong

Hopingimwrong

So I've been on the valtrex for about 24 hours. My fever is better (lower) but these sores HURT now. They really were just a little tender before. How much longer til the valtrex works on that? 

Scooby2112

Sores can take about two weeks to heal.  Stay on the Valt Rex to prevent new sores from forming.  

Valtrex doesn’t really do anything for existing sores.  

Lulupazoola

Oil of oregano.  Mix with fractionated coconut oil.  Massage onto the area that is an issue.  With me, there was immediate relief.  Lesions didnt make it to blister stage and quickly went away.  Quit eating sugar.  Take care of yourself.  If u need more, begin by researching this forum for the ideas that people have shared.

Me.

Hey sis, so the ones in your vagina look like mine did. I had two “canker sore” like spots on opposite ends of my vagina. The one in your pubic hair *to me* looks like an ingrown hair. The fever and you being sick along with the sores seem like it’s herpes. 

BUT, the good news is: you’ll be okay. You can’t let it consume you if you get a positive diagnosis. I struggled for a long time with it. I’m actually on suppression therapy and I get really bad nerve pain down my leg. Just breathe and everything will be okay, just have to power through the outbreak♥️