World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
imtryingmybest

Just Diagnosed

imtryingmybest

Wow. So, I just got the test results about an hour ago. After calling my mom and sobbing uncontrollably, I did some reading. I read a lot about other women's experiences, and also ended up on this website. Needless to say, I am incredibly upset about it. I feel disgusting. Dirty, gross, like nothing. The worst part: I don't know who gave it to me. I have had more than one sexual partner this past month, and frankly, it is going to be fucking hard to tell them. I don't know how I am going to tell these people, how they will react, if they will tell our friends. Who will I be known as? Who will I become? I'm concerned about future relationships. How to tell those future boyfriends. Will anyone ever love me? I don't want this to become who I am, but right now in the moment, it's hard. Luckily, I am getting medication and seeing a therapist next week. I think that will help. I'm shattered. I'm currently in college, and this is going to be a chip on my shoulder for a while. It almost sucks not having other people know, because they have no idea how hard this is or what I'm going through-- getting diagnosed, all the symptoms, etc. For now, I'm going to try and just take each day at a time. Morale is low, will to live is low, but we always make it to tomorrow. Always. It's never the end, and I don't want this to be the end. Anyways, here I am: needing support, and also ready to give it. 

WilsoInAus

Hey there @imtryingmybest could I just start by saying how maturely you are handling this.

I do suggest not rushing too much I to any conclusions.

I think let’s deal with past partners first. I feel a lot depends on the circumstances and the type you have been infected with.

So starting there was your swab properly typed using an immunofluoresence antibody test?

imtryingmybest

@WilsoInAus Yes, I went to an urgent care and they did a full pelvic exam, swabbing for everything. I just got the results today saying I tested positive. I'm not sure of the type, but there were symptoms mainly in the genital area, and slightly in the mouth. 

Edited by imtryingmybest

WilsoInAus

Please get a full printout of whatever is positive.

Check whether the culture swab was typed.

imtryingmybest
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Please get a full printout of whatever is positive.

Check whether the culture swab was typed.

I checked, and the swab was not typed. It just says that it came back positive. 

WilsoInAus

Very often the case. You can ask your doctor for this sample to be typed using an immunofluoresence antibody test.

Was there only the one partner in the 7 days leading into lesions?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Viralnow1
      By Viralnow1
      I was diagnosed with herpes-2  about 3 weeks ago, I had gone in for std testing because my boyfriend cheated. I had been having strange side cramps then some discharge I anticipated a yeast infection. I told my gynecologist that I had been getting chafe a lot but only on one side of my vagina. She suggested getting full testing as it may be herpes that has not come through (a breakout) yet. While I did have a yeast infection two weeks later I learned I had herpes. I have been with him 3 years and was tested and clean before him and one year later after finding he had another girlfriend I tested clean again. When I told him he was very calm too calm and I think he knew he had it! I also found condoms that had fallen out of his bag a few weeks ago. I can not understand why he would do this to me.
    • Tayyy
      By Tayyy
      Hi, I have consistent folliculitis in my genital area that has been confirmed before when I went for doctors appointments. I just had a boil on my outer labia about 3 weeks ago. When I noticed the bump(which was under the skin) there was a raised bump below the boil that was not firm at all. Everytime I applied pressure with my finger to the boil, pus would come out of the other bump. I assumed they were connected. Two days after that I had sex with my boyfriend and a few days after that, I noticed that the bump that was not firm was now red. It kinda looked like a blister so that concerned me. When I squeezed the bump pus squirted out, then a clear liquid. I put a hot towel to it and pus and blood popped out with some clear liquid. After that was drained out the bump was no longer raised and just went flat. The next day it was still red but lighter in color. It went away quickly and the firm boil above it also went down alot but I can still feel it under the skin if I search for it. Was this an outbreak or just bacteria? Can folliculitis or a boil turn to a herpes blister? All feedback is welcome and I am scheduling a dr appointment as soon as I can. Also I want to add that I am an African American woman and I was told my curly pubic hair could cause more boils and folliculitis. 
    • Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Hi 
      I'm losing more hair than usual and not on any suppressive meds. 
      Was wondering if anyone else experienced this hsv2 diagnosis or even hsv1 diagnoses 
      If so how did you solve the problem? 
      Thank you. 
    • TaylorNicks
      By TaylorNicks
      Hello! I’m new here, I found out about 8 months ago that I am living with Herpes. I have been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. I was infected last January. I was out with friends and went to an after party at a mutual friends, friends, party. I ended up getting drugged and raped. I woke up the next morning, covered in my own blood and in an unfamiliar place. Once I got home, I realized I had the worst pain in my genital area. Later to get tested and be positive for herpes. It’s one thing to have herpes, it’s another to have received them through rape.
      Anyway, When I found out, I didn’t tell my boyfriend, I was unsure how he would react. It came out one night when I was drunk and he was so angry with me. We are still together and moving to a new state together. But he continues to bring up the fact that I have it and he is terrified he’s going to get it. How can I comfort him, how can we get our relationship back to how it was before he knew? We used to be extremely sexually active (twice a day), now it’s like twice a month, with a condom. 
      My boyfriend could not cope with the fact that i had it and that he still has not gotten it, he made me get a third test done for his satisfaction. Ive now had 4 tests done. Two came back slightly positive, like .2% over the “ inconclusive” results, one completely negative, and one positive. Help?? What does this mean?
      I have done research for a black market cure, has anyone else? 
      I found one that is being studied in the  Caribbean  and Mexico. Has anyone else seen anything else about this? 
      Or know any homeopathic  cures?
      Thanks for your help. And for reading this long post! 
    • sheenas
      By sheenas
      Im hsv2 and 1. its been like 18 months since i had a painful outbreak down there. Whyy dont i have sores down there or on my lips ? Is it because i have a healthy immune system that i could only have outbreaks long periods at a time?? 
      And with hsv1 can i still be contagious without a cold sore.. And how?
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • that1youngguy
      hello all, update... so the white ulcer inside started around january 4... and today it is still there... no burning while i pee, just a constant mild irritation feel, no other symptoms i went back to get retested 2/12 so 2.5 months after exposure... including HSV, HIV, gon, chlam, everything came back negative... the doctor thinks it's some form of chlamydia, he gave my doxy for 10 days is it too soon to tell if i have HSV? is it possible to have an ulcer inside the urethra and be fungal or bacterial?
    • MikeHerp
      Probably not many.  I'm going to change my twitter symbol to the copper ribbon at least.  
    • nope1234
      okay! I guess I will just start at the basic dosage of vitamin C and go up every week little ? I take 1500 mg of super lysine like the bottle says and it still gives me gas and diarrhea. hoping it will pass if not I'll drop down to 2 a day! I really appreciate the advice! i know we would all.do ANYTNING to not have OB  at the moment idc about stigmas od boyfriends or dating or sex....I just care about FEELING healthy in my own skin. this is my one and only life 
    • Lulupazoola
      That sounds like a good place to begin.  The lysine worked really well for me for about a year and a half.  Then things got steadily worse for me and nothing worked until vitamin C.  My immune system is not that great even tho i take care of myself, so u may have good luck if u have a decent one.  With the vitamin c, u must 1) take it at intervals throughout the day, not all at once 2) dont increase the amount u r taking too fast 3) it will give u gas at higher doses and even diarrhea if u go crazy with it. These r signs to lower your dose!  If u can just control your OB's with vitamin c and lysine or anything else, maybe a cure will finally become available.  
    • nope1234
      any updates? worth the pricetag?  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.