World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Hockeyawesome1

I’m 23 years old. I wonder if there will be a functional cure by the time I’m 40.

Hockeyawesome1

I want to be able to have sex with who I want and who wants to with me. I’ve been thinking about the possibility of a functional cure occuring before I’m in my 40s. Functional meaning there would be 0% chance of me transmitting the virus to the person I’m having sex with.

WilsoInAus

Although most women already have the best possible form of functional cure in terms of an HSV-1 infection already. 

The (re)transmission probability is lower than what any vaccine could achieve.

Trace67
16 hours ago, Hockeyawesome1 said:

I want to be able to have sex with who I want and who wants to with me. I’ve been thinking about the possibility of a functional cure occuring before I’m in my 40s. Functional meaning there would be 0% chance of me transmitting the virus to the person I’m having sex with.

This is not what you want to hear, but no you probably won't be cured by then. The good news is that you probably won't really care much about it by the time you hit 40. It's possible that Crispr might be ready by then, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. So far everything fails, in the end, no matter how foolproof it appeared to be early on and no matter how many idiots screamed it would be the one. Buckle up for a long ride.

valleynovascotia

There's lots of women out there with herpes especially if you live in Chicago 1 in 4 women or something like that have herpes join positivesingles .

Atrapasueños

Como tú lo tienes y ella también y muchos de aquí lo tienen tenemos que ver normal el hsv, bonita forma de pensar 

¿Entonces el cáncer también se debe de ver normal ya que muchas personas cada día tienen cáncer? O en el cáncer no aplica porque si es mortal? 

As you have it and she too and many of us here have it, we have to see normal the hsv, nice way of thinking

So cancer should also look normal since many people every day have cancer? Or does cancer not apply because it is deadly?

Benyamin

We can’t be sure about things that will happen in future. 20 years ago we couldn’t imagine a vaccine which reduce the shedding rate up to 50% but now we have Gen03. It’s not perfect or what we are dreaming but it’s a reality and it reduces the chance of transmitting this shit. Maybe after another 20 years we have a vaccine which is 100% effective and maybe not who knows? Overall I prefer to stay hopeful.

Edited by Benyamin

Divon

To be honest, technology pretty much sucked 20 years ago. Its still pretty damn bad compared to what it might be in 10 years. However, this is definitely the point where we are starting to see the start of some pretty crazy acceleration. People talk a lot about crispr but why would u even need that to cure viruses when nanobot technology gets here? 

Better microscope technology and biological AI and AI itteration are also things that will change a lot. 

A functional cure might not be on the market in 15 years but most likely it will be in clinical trials and on the way at least.

Also if u just have hsv1 and not even hsv2 u dont even have to care.

Edited by Divon

MikeHerp

I think there's a good chance that some medicine or vaccine would reduce shedding by 95% and most symptoms as well, by 17 years.  

Maybe that could be pritelivir + valtrex, approved in 2 to 3 years.  

On 11/13/2018 at 12:05 AM, Divon said:

To be honest, technology pretty much sucked 20 years ago. Its still pretty damn bad compared to what it might be in 10 years. However, this is definitely the point where we are starting to see the start of some pretty crazy acceleration. People talk a lot about crispr but why would u even need that to cure viruses when nanobot technology gets here? 

Better microscope technology and biological AI and AI itteration are also things that will change a lot. 

A functional cure might not be on the market in 15 years but most likely it will be in clinical trials and on the way at least.

Also if u just have hsv1 and not even hsv2 u dont even have to care.

And why is this? I have hsv1 and I would like a cure, I do care.... 

Edited by 123445

Hockeyawesome1

I don’t even care about having the virus anymore, life’s too short. Idk how some people on this website are on here literally everyday. I know plenty of women with the virus as well now after joining private Facebook groups. 

ConfusedinNH
32 minutes ago, Hockeyawesome1 said:

I don’t even care about having the virus anymore, life’s too short. Idk how some people on this website are on here literally everyday. I know plenty of women with the virus as well now after joining private Facebook groups. 

How do you get in a private fb group?  And why wouldn’t you care if you have hsv1