World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
amsb88

Genital HSV1

amsb88

I would like to hear from those who have genital hsv 1... I’m thinking that I have type 1 because the guy I believe gave it to me had cold sores.. or is this assumption wrong? What’s the chances of having type 2 from his cold sores? 

WilsoInAus

You’re on the right track for sure.

Did you get a swab of the lesions? Have you had an IgG blood retest for HSV?

amsb88

I haven’t had any test yet.. I’m just 99% sure I have genital herpes.. every sign and symptom was there... I am planning on having the blood test done but from everything I have read says to wait at least 12 weeks to see if hsv 2  is present 

WilsoInAus

Even the world’s premier experts cannot be more than 75% sure!

What sex did you have in the week before the sores? Vaginal and oral?

amsb88

I didn’t have sex at all the week before the sores but approx two weeks before I had vaginal sex but we’ve done both several times within the last 6 months... but he says he’s never had any slightest symptom of genital herpes (which I know doesn’t mean anything) but he does get a pretty bad cold sore on his lip at least every other month or so if not more frequently than that... I’ve also wondered if hsv 1 could be passed to me genitally if he had an active cold sore and used saliva as lubricant on my vagina (spit on his hand and then put it on my vagina... I know that’s TMI... sorry!) 

WilsoInAus

There’s a pretty decent chance this could be caused by something other than herpes.

Did the doctor take a swab of your sores or can you get there to get a swab and blood test done now?

Edited by WilsoInAus