World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Michael 2213

I think I have Herpes

Michael 2213

I had unprotected sex 30 days ago. I had the prodromal symptoms, burning in legs and thighs, pain in buttocks. They eventually subsided through the last couple of weeks and I had my mind slightly cleared. Now I have burning in my genital area again and it looks like I could have herpes. The girl I was with said she did not have anything to her knowledge and I got tested for everything 5 days after. Urine and blood test all came back negative. I got tested again yesterday for HSV 2 and am very scared as I see two spots next to each other and have appeared, I popped them and white cloudy fluid came out. I know I shouldn't have done this but I have spent the last four  weeks trying to convince myself that I didn't have it. I have been having urethral pain and now the spots have some pain as well. Here are pics of what could be herpes. They also should up as a pair a little less than a cm apart from each, let me know if that changes anything.

0.jpg

0.png

Here is another picture of the spot. No pain urinating or masturbating I may add.

IMG_1866.JPG

WilsoInAus

Hey @Michael 2213 please note that prodrome does not occur upon infection. The outbreak appears around the site of entry. The virus has not reached the ganglion to cause what some people describe as prodrome.

Little spots 30 days after sexual activity give no real cause for concern when it comes to herpes. You’d have tell tale lesions within days.

Michael 2213

These spots don’t seem to look like other fordyce spots on my shaft and I’ve been having abnormal quick flashes of pain in my urethra and penis. Should I be worried? @WilsonInAus

Michael 2213

l also have been having pain in my legs and butt again.

WilsoInAus

No I wouldn’t be worried, there’s nothing suggestive of herpes in what you describe mate.

Michael 2213

Thank you very much @WilsonInAus Do the pictures give you anything to worry about?

Quest

That's not a HSV ob. Make sure you see your paperwork at the 12 week mark. Don't test before and if you get more spots have them swabbed before 48 hrs. If you get her igg tested instead of yourself you will have an immediate answer.

Michael 2213

@Quest, How reliable do you think the 1 month blood test is? If these marks don’t spread or get worse should l be able to relax?

Quest

I think you can relax now because the other spots that I saw are very small and indicative of Fordyce spots because they have no red background. 

5-7 out of 10 people will make antibodies that can be detected at the two month mark.

Don't test before 12 weeks unless you test her

Edited by Quest

Quest

Did you have any flu-like symptoms and fever?

Michael 2213

No I went to the doctor three different time. No fever, no swollen lymphnodes, I did have some headaches the first week. But no noticeable illness and I was very observant during this whole ordeal. Here are pictures of my shaft without me stretching my skin to expose the marks

@Quest

0.jpg

Quest

Your center picture is your best picture. Usually the blisters are almost right on top of each other to form one big blister a bunch of little blisters. Those are too far apart. And then the background will get very red around the blisters.

Michael 2213

@Quest, Thank you very much. So you don' think there is anything to worry about for now?

Quest

I think you are clear unless they change. Just the fact that you can't sleep and you are already aware that you may have HSV will get your anxiety levels up really high and cause a Breakout. You've been like this for a month. Just that type of high anxiety will cause a cortisol flood, cause insomnia and then wear out the immune system temporarily.

Michael 2213

@Quest, I've been severely stressed between my anxiety from thoughts of contracting HSV2 and school. Do you think the stress would've definitely caused an outbreak by now? 

Michael 2213

I also have had lots of late nights because of the stress and some bowel issues (diarrhea and stomach pains). Just to let you know @Quest

Quest

Yes, it would be different if you had no idea what was going on and you were just living your life. Anxiety/stress and lack of sleep will cause of Breakout and the first six months to a year will be the worst. 

Edited by Quest
I bet you did and that is because of anxiety!

Quest

I think you don't have hsv-2. I am no doctor so see one if it gets worse. If it gets worse write me or come back online

Michael 2213

If this was an outbreak would could l rely on my blood test to reveal this?

@Quest

Tone123

I'm in the same boat. I felt like it could of been a mini break out. I have similar things going on with me. As stressed as I've been and anxious over this. I'm sure if of had a full outbreak by now.