World's Largest Herpes Support Group

NrsA

Hi all I’m a 29 year old nurse. I recently found out I have hsv1 genital from oral sex. This was with a long time male friend. Who may or may not have know ... but he has ignored every message and call since this happened so he has no idea that he has given this t

my breakout is just clearing up from Valtrex. I feel gross I feel like my sec life and love life is over and it was something I enjoyed. I’m young I travel the world and I feel like now my chances of meeting the love of my life are over. I’ve been crying in and off even at work lately. Idk how to cope. Does anyone with hsv1 via genitals have advice.. I was so confused at first that hsv 2 came back negative because I thought hsv 2 was strictly genital and vice versa. Any advice, comfort or anything anyone could give me would be so appreciated, I’m very much alone and scared. Thank you ❤️

Amylouise

Hey Nrs A,

I feel so bad for you I got HSV 1 the same way and I already had HSV 1 oral so I had both of them.  I hate the Valtrex with a passion but if you need to take it then do so.  I would watch your diet and try to work through it that way.  From what I understand as a naturopath arginine is the biggest contributor to the outbreaks and symptoms.  I was lucky and used an alternative treatment a go and I got over the virus that way.  Try not to stress though because it is not a life sentence.  

NrsA

What alternative treatment  did you use? I just am so confused about hsv 1 and hsv 2. Do you have frequent outbreaks?

LetItGo

@NrsA HSV 1 and HSV 2 are a bit confusing to understand. MANY people on here know a lot of great information about the 2 but I still have questions. 

From my own personal experience I have found HSV 2 to be a bit more severe, more frequent outbreaks. My friend has HSV 1 on her genitals and has only had 2 small OBs not very painful and only slight discomfort. BUT this is only my experience. When I was first diagnosed my gyno told me.. put it this way.. HSV 1 sucks but HSV 2 sucks a lot more. I think it all just comes down to how your body, health, etc reacts. I also no longer go to that gyno. 

BUT I also wanted to add I have had Herpes 2 on my genitals for 2 years now. It wasn't always easy but I have disclosed to 3 men since. All of which who accepted me. COMPLETELY. We used protection and have had shared normal relationships. I am still with one of the men for a full year next month. IT GETS BETTER. Someone who truly loves, cares, etc for you will look beyond herpes. AND there are many ways you can keep him safe from getting it from you. I hope this helps. 

Lovley80

Hey there. I know exactly how you’re feeling, but don’t worry it does get better and your life is in no way over! I have HSV2 genital since 2004 and I had outbreaks up until 2009. They have just returned as of 2017. But they aren’t bad just a little tiny sore I can barely see but none the less I still feel upset when they pop up. As far as genital outbreaks, HSV1 comes less often than 2. You’ll meet the love of your life ❤️ I have been married and divorced and had a few long term relationships since my diagnosis and about a year and a half ago finally met the man that I’ll spend the rest of my life with. He was very understanding and said “it sucks you have this, but I like you enough to take the chance” lol he’s the best. So keep your chin up! You’re not alone. A lot of people have this. Good luck to you. 

Edited by Lovley80