World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Optimistic46

Continuous Outbreaks

Optimistic46

Diagnosed a year ago. Tried suppression therapy to no avail. Dr prescribed 500mg Valtrex increased to 1000g no help. Two HIV test negative. The worst experience ever. Tried oil of oregano, olive leaf extract, lysine, Multi vitamin. Just read because I’m peri menopausal it might be hormones. Outbreaks are constant hsv 2.  If anyone can can relate, I’m pleading for insight.

Tomanyob

I to have one outbreak after another. Never been tested but I know I have it . I would love advice on how to help with lesions on my labia.  Those hurt the worst and last the longest . 

I have found if I take a pin and pop the ones on the regular skin and cover them with coconut oil salt scrub ,it drys them up and almost gone immediately and dont spread near as bad . 

As I said I have lesions now and I cant seem to make them better . They hurt so bad . 

I am new to this and have no idea how I got it. Been with the same person for years . 

Lulupazoola

U might have a look at your diet.  Some people can apparently eat junk and get away wirh it but clearly others cannot.  Its not as easy as a pill by a long shot, but may be more effective.  No sugar except on special occasions.  No processed foods.  More veggies, esp. green.  Things like lysine and oregano oil may also be able to help if u can manage to eat right for herpes.  U really have to try it all.

StayingUpbeat

There is a class of anti-HSV drugs called Helicase Primase Inhibitors (HPIs) that when taken with the nucleoside drugs (Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Famvir) would suppress even the most stubborn of outbreaks.  One variant with the brand name Amenalief is currently available in Japan.  Several users have had success obtaining it online.  It's expensive (~$700 per package which works out to $95/day) and it obviously wouldn't be covered by health insurance.

https://honeycomb.click/topic/76941-amenamevir-valacyclovir-personal-experience/?do=findComment&comment=477947

The other variant of this drug Pritelivir is still in clinical trials in the US and won't be available commercially for a few years.  Both drugs are technically off-label for HSV infections in immune-competent adults but have shown great success in controlling HSV when tested.

It should be noted that these drugs are not curative, like acyclovir/valacyclovir/famvir they are simply suppressive therapies, but if you're desperate (and it sounds like might be) a month or two of relief could make a big difference.

Miss Horne
On 11/15/2018 at 2:00 AM, Optimistic46 said:

Diagnosed a year ago. Tried suppression therapy to no avail. Dr prescribed 500mg Valtrex increased to 1000g no help. Two HIV test negative. The worst experience ever. Tried oil of oregano, olive leaf extract, lysine, Multi vitamin. Just read because I’m peri menopausal it might be hormones. Outbreaks are constant hsv 2.  If anyone can can relate, I’m pleading for insight.

Hi Optimistic46, I’m in the same boat and not coping very well at the moment. Nothing seems to help it’s just outbreak after outbreak. It breaks my heart having to live like this. 

Kurdt01

I'm also having non-stop OB's....had HSV for 16 years....gonna buy the amenalief....I'm hoping if I could just break this cycle that it would improve without having to take the amenalief every single day....hopefully a 1 month supply could be stretched to 2 months...just a theory though...

The song remains the same

@Optimistic46 how long has this been going on? As in how many weeks? I'd be curious to ask anyone who posted on this thread. How many weeks are the continuous outbreaks happening? 

Optimistic46

The outbreak has lasted about 2 months with no relief.