World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
peaceofmind04

Accidental semen in my eye

peaceofmind04

Will keep this post updated later this morning. This is my second time thinking I had ocular herpes, the first time was during initial infection because my left eye began to blur. Went to see an ophthalmologist, and he said no it's dry eyes. Made sense because I was wearing my contacts 12+hrs a day for like 2 months. After using eye-drops for a couple weeks it resolved. Fast forward 4 months I masturbated and accidentally got semen on my left eye 4 months after initial infection. I don't think it got inside because I don't remember any stinging. Two weeks after my left eye is starting to blur again, but this time I haven't been wearing my contacts. I'm hoping it's dry eyes again from too much computer use + recent move from California to living in really dry climate, and I haven't been using eye drops anywhere near as much. Going to see the dr. nov 15 11AM PST. I shall update this post in the morning to see what happens. Praying to say the least. 

EDIT: when I went to go see the ophthalmologist the first time they did a thorough eye exam. He looked at my cornea saw no scarring, dilated my pupils, used another dye as well which I assumed was the fluorescent dye, and they also checked the pressure of my eyes. 

Edited by peaceofmind04

WilsoInAus

Hey @peaceofmind04 hope you're doing ok.

Your HSV-1 infection is undoubtedly oral. Hence there is no risk of your genital area infecting anyone, let alone yourself. Even if you had genital herpes, a semen spray is not a pragmatic chance of infection at all.

Tbe reality is that you already have eye herpes. It may be something to keep an eye on (pun intended) as you get older.

Pain is the key symptom of a rare case of ocular herpes and not blurred vision on its own.

peaceofmind04

@WilsoInAus well he looked at my eyes under slit lamp, said no damage to cornea. Said I had blepharitis, and then he looked at my eyes with the dye and said he didn’t see anything. 

Gave me some eye wipes, said to use eye drops, and I have a follow-up appt next week. 

Edited by peaceofmind04

WilsoInAus

That does seem highly convincing that there is no herpetic activity present in your eye.

peaceofmind04

@Quest yes my dr said blepharitis. I’m going back for a follow up this coming Tuesday with my previous dr since he was out this week and I wanted to be seen asap. I’ll re-update if things change. 

Quest

You would have to actually be shedding at that point of time. Do you realize how unlucky you would have to be?

peaceofmind04

@Quest well when I started I didn’t have an OB, but after I finished and showering I noticed one. So I think the little friction caused one. So , yikes. 

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, peaceofmind04 said:

@Quest well when I started I didn’t have an OB, but after I finished and showering I noticed one. So I think the little friction caused one. So , yikes. 

No yikes at all, you do not have genital herpes so there was zero risk.

Best not to create paranoia, it’s very bad for us.