World's Largest Herpes Support Group
AnabelleLee

Looking for friends/people to talk to

AnabelleLee

Hi! I’m a 20 year old girl from the Caribbean. I was diagnosed with Herpes 3 weeks ago, and the truth is I’m sttruggling very badly to not feel like shit. I feel horrible, and very very lonely. I was thinking maybe I could make some friends here and have people to talk about this and maybe find people to snap me out of my anxiety and my very low will to continue living because I have been diagnosed with this thing. People I could share experiences and someone who doesn’t truly judge me. 

The reason I’m in really need of friends is that I talked with my friend when I was diagnosed and she basically talks to me as if I’m a walking virus. A Walking Dead kinda thing honestly. Basically when a guy talks/flirts with me I’m treated like “you sure you want to keep it up?” or “you have to tell him because if this continues you might keep spreading the condition”, and I’m sick of it. I’m a very lonely girl, and I feel so negative since diagnosis and I think it’s best to find people who I can relate to and make some friends along the way. I think that could help me, and maybe someone needs this too so that’s why I wrote this. So hi! :)

KG303

Hey, I’m 20 y/o too. I was diagnosed back in July. Sometimes it’s a struggle sometimes I don’t care. Here recently I’m having a tough time due to having herpes and my grandmother has been very sick and probably won’t live much longer. You can message me anytime. We need all the support we can get. Wishing you the best girl. Just shoot me a message. You’re not alone in this. 

stoic

Hey! I also live where ppl vacation ;) lol I can totally relate to how you feel. Initially I struggled with terrible symptoms and I mean TERRIBLE! and negative emotions it was incredibly isolating in the early days. I could not believe something like this would happen to ME! In my mind I wasn't the kind of person this happens to. However, things did eventually get better. As time progresses I've been able to condition myself to cope with it a lot better than I did before also the symptoms I experienced got less severe as I tried different ways to manage things. I haven't disclosed this to anyone mainly because of what you're currently experiencing. 

I have at least one solid friend I know I can tell without judgement but I still choose not to because I feel like they won't ultimately be able to relate to my experience. Regardless, life has pretty much been the same. I no longer allow this virus to dictate my life, honestly it doesn't make sense to do otherwise. I just make more conscious lifestyle decisions but trust me I still indulge within reason :sweat_smile:

Also this isn't as uncommon as it wants to make you feel. It just isn't advertised publicly because of obvious reasons and there's also some degree of ignorance in acknowledging/recognising that one might be afflicted. The incidence rate of hsv is significant in itself but furthermore, sadly even more so among Caribbean populations. Things I wish I knew before but it's also kinda like consolation to me. 

Feel free to hmu if you need to. Hopefully you're doing better at this point.

Cac

Hey feel free to talk to me as well 22 male got it two years ago. Would like people who I can talk to about this and relate to so gives me a shout 

imtryingmybest

Hi! I'm 19 and was diagnosed in November. I know its incredibly difficult, so I'm here to talk!

Skrillah80

Feel free to hit me up if you ever need a good friend to lean on I too have this infection just found out a month ago.. You ladies are not alone.. Hugs! 

PositiveMONA

I was diagnosed with HSV two years ago. When I was diagnosed, it felt like the end of the world and I was going through hell. Now I have a long-term boyfriend. I met him on a herpes dating app. It's a place to talk or listen to other patients' stories. I think you might find it comforting to know you’re not alone.

RNY18

What app. ? Can you recommend?

Wrestling with very bad emotional issues now, thinking I will never

be intimate again...

tayelle
2 hours ago, RNY18 said:

What app. ? Can you recommend?

Wrestling with very bad emotional issues now, thinking I will never

be intimate again...

Positivesingles.com is a good place