World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Totallyoverit

30 weeks pregnant with first OB..help

Totallyoverit

For the last 6 days I've been in extreme pain. I have to sit in the bath all the time and can't sit or walk properly. I don't know how to stop this pain....it's stopping me from sleeping and functioning. My husband is helping with our toddler when he can ... is there anyway of getting any relief? Dr has put me on Famciclovir... 125mg twice a day for 5 days and it feels like pain has increased and sores have started drying out a bit.

Will I need a csection? 

I'm just worried

Quest

Not unless you are broken out when you are about to have your baby. He should have it under control by then.

Totallyoverit
53 minutes ago, Quest said:

Not unless you are broken out when you are about to have your baby. He should have it under control by then.

Thanks for the reply... everything I've been reading says if it's a first outbreak within 6 weeks of delivery they will go for c section. I have to have induction at 38 weeks, I'll be 31 weeks on Thursday and the outbreak is still there and more painful than the start :( It's stressing me out. So not impressed that I got this in my third trimester.

Roja
21 minutes ago, Totallyoverit said:

Thanks for the reply... everything I've been reading says if it's a first outbreak within 6 weeks of delivery they will go for c section. I have to have induction at 38 weeks, I'll be 31 weeks on Thursday and the outbreak is still there and more painful than the start :( It's stressing me out. So not impressed that I got this in my third trimester.

I can understand you. However, don't stress yourself, because this will lead to more pain and panic. 

Try to move (if it is possible) for 30 minutes every day. Have a small walk or do some very soft yoga (talk with your doctor about it if necessary). Try to eat healthy and drink lots of tea :-) Try to focus on your health, not on herpes. I am sure you will get well soon. 

And talk with your doctor about your fears! Everything will be fine, it is just herpes and we are lucky enough to live in 2018 :-) 

Totallyoverit
12 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@Totallyoverit Did you get swabbed? Has your husband tested?

Yes, I got swabbed last tuesday and confirmed HSV on friday but they didn't tell me 1 or 2. I see the doctor tomorrow and will ask. Husband got swabbed on friday

Edited by Totallyoverit

Totallyoverit
11 hours ago, Roja said:

I can understand you. However, don't stress yourself, because this will lead to more pain and panic. 

Try to move (if it is possible) for 30 minutes every day. Have a small walk or do some very soft yoga (talk with your doctor about it if necessary). Try to eat healthy and drink lots of tea :-) Try to focus on your health, not on herpes. I am sure you will get well soon. 

And talk with your doctor about your fears! Everything will be fine, it is just herpes and we are lucky enough to live in 2018 :-) 

Thank you. I've been trying not to over think it....guess it's partly the pregnancy hormones and partly the unknown for me. I've hardly been able to move for the last few days due to the pain but I have been trying to eat really well to help it. 

Dee22

Hi im so sorry to hear. That is such a terrible situation and i know how excruciating the pain is. That is one of my biggest fears. But just think if u have a c sextion the most important thing is your baby will be safe. Try take some vitamins oil leaf or lysine. Make sure u self care and do relaxing things that are good for you. You need to get enough sleep and eat well. I had the most shocking pain and flu symptoms even when the anti virals kicked in. So try stay calm if flu symptoms occur as i read that is really common.  Apparently drs are experienced in dealing with this in pregnancy and they can deliver safely u just need to get info to make a decision that feels right for u.  

Is the pain easing at all???? Keep us posted the hc community is here for u. 

Regards

Totallyoverit
23 hours ago, Dee22 said:

Hi im so sorry to hear. That is such a terrible situation and i know how excruciating the pain is. That is one of my biggest fears. But just think if u have a c sextion the most important thing is your baby will be safe. Try take some vitamins oil leaf or lysine. Make sure u self care and do relaxing things that are good for you. You need to get enough sleep and eat well. I had the most shocking pain and flu symptoms even when the anti virals kicked in. So try stay calm if flu symptoms occur as i read that is really common.  Apparently drs are experienced in dealing with this in pregnancy and they can deliver safely u just need to get info to make a decision that feels right for u.  

Is the pain easing at all???? Keep us posted the hc community is here for u. 

Regards

Thank you for the extra ideas. The pain is finally easing but I have never pain all down both legs and into my feet now... Dr told me it can be normal but I just want all pain to go...It's making the end of my pregnancy so much harder :(

Dee22

Yea i had that in my legs and back. The drs just act like hsv is a minor medical thing and its nothing they really dnt understand how painful and unpleasant it is. Have u been to the dr to discuss your options ??? 

Totallyoverit
15 hours ago, Dee22 said:

Yea i had that in my legs and back. The drs just act like hsv is a minor medical thing and its nothing they really dnt understand how painful and unpleasant it is. Have u been to the dr to discuss your options ??? 

yeah, I keep getting told that I have to ride it out as they can't give me pain relief in pregnancy etc. I've been having baths, which help...but I'm getting tired of living in the water lol

Quest

Women have a lot of trouble with thyroid problems when they are pregnant! You really need to get your gynecologist to get your thyroid levels under control or else you will just break out more! When my thyroid is off I will break out. I am guessing that your thyroid levels need to be checked!?!:x

Dee22

I didnt find much pain meds helped anyway. ..... how long has it been going the nerve pain i had i think didnt last longer than a month?? Its sounding like your outbreak has been going a while? Has the dr given u any more info re options for birth and her plan and suggestions ? Hope im not being too invasive i just know why u woupd be worried about it wnd am wondering what they are advising u 

Totallyoverit
3 hours ago, Dee22 said:

I didnt find much pain meds helped anyway. ..... how long has it been going the nerve pain i had i think didnt last longer than a month?? Its sounding like your outbreak has been going a while? Has the dr given u any more info re options for birth and her plan and suggestions ? Hope im not being too invasive i just know why u woupd be worried about it wnd am wondering what they are advising u 

The nerve pain has only been since Wednesday...so 3 days. The outbreak started 14 days ago and still isn't totally gone. 

They are telling me that if the on is gone I.can have normal birth (I'm getting induced in 7 weeks). But if I still have lesions I'll need a c section. 

Dee22

Ok so hopefully the nerve pain clears soon thats not that bad. Do they do a swab to check. Because when i had my outbreak there is nothing to see it is just excruciating pain no leaions to see so im curious how they test for it?? As i havent had kids yet and was worried

Totallyoverit
14 hours ago, Dee22 said:

Ok so hopefully the nerve pain clears soon thats not that bad. Do they do a swab to check. Because when i had my outbreak there is nothing to see it is just excruciating pain no leaions to see so im curious how they test for it?? As i havent had kids yet and was worried

As far as I understand they do a visual inspection  to make sure there are no sores/lesions and make a decision based on that. I'll be asking more questions on Tuesday (my next antenatal appointment. 

Dee22

Ok. So that would be really complicated for me then