Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MikeIke

Ruined but no positive tests :(

Recommended Posts

MikeIke
8 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Mike, have you always had those tiny white bumps on  your lip or did those show up after your suspected exposure to HSV?

actually yes they look like white bumps compared to my old picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
6 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

I don't think they are bumps - i lost my red skin color in them post infection so it looks like white bumps. 

That's so odd because after I had flu-like symptoms, my lip started tingling and I developed white bumps exactly similar to the ones on your lip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke
1 minute ago, blurneworder said:

That's so odd because after I had flu-like symptoms, my lip started tingling and I developed white bumps exactly similar to the ones on your lip.

the derm said it could have been an immune response

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
16 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

the derm said it could have been an immune response

Did you present those bumps to your Derm or did they notice it?

The Dermatologist I saw said it was Fordyce, but she could not explain why mine was tingling and how the person I was dating developed them at the exact same time as me AND after having the flu exactly when I did.

My lips have been constantly chapped/cut since developing the bumps.

Edited by blurneworder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke
33 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Did you present those bumps to your Derm or did they notice it?

The Dermatologist I saw said it was Fordyce, but she could not explain why mine was tingling and how the person I was dating developed them at the exact same time as me AND after having the flu exactly when I did.

My lips have been constantly chapped/cut since developing the bumps.

I just asked about the pigmentation loss, I have not addressed this yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
18 hours ago, MikeIke said:

@WilsoInAus

You can see the brown crusting today already as well and the change in how it looks. This is classic 

https://imgur.com/a/fJLUfDG

Get them swabbed if you have concerns, they’re ripe for a diagnosis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke
4 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Get them swabbed if you have concerns, they’re ripe for a diagnosis!

lol why at this point? I think it's obvious what it is! Nothing else would look like that, that anyone can think of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, MikeIke said:

lol why at this point? I think it's obvious what it is! Nothing else would look like that, that anyone can think of. 

No, staph and yeast infections look like that. That’s why you need a swab. So you can confirm exactly what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExhaustedGirl1
4 hours ago, MikeIke said:

lol why at this point? I think it's obvious what it is! Nothing else would look like that, that anyone can think of. 

Dude why didn't you just get them swabbed and then you would have your answer? If I was you I'd literally run to the doctor knowing I could finally settle it once and for all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cas9

@MikeIke

Mike, at this point, what's the purpose of continuing this thread? Are you going to tell us each day what new bump or sore showed up on your skin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
45 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

@MikeIke

Mike, at this point, what's the purpose of continuing this thread? Are you going to tell us each day what new bump or sore showed up on your skin?

I like this thread because I’m having the same problems as Mike, except mine now include pain in my head the moment I awake and confusion and trouble concentrating for most of my day. Also, hearing loss, constantly chapped and cut lips, constant sore anus, permanent red and pink skin on penis, mouth  sores.

It’s leading me to have dark thoughts 

Edited by blurneworder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NY12345
27 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

I like this thread because I’m having the same problems as Mike, except mine now include pain in my head the moment I awake and confusion and trouble concentrating for most of my day. Also, hearing loss, constantly chapped and cut lips, constant sore anus, permanent red and pink skin on penis, mouth  sores.

It’s leading me to have dark thoughts 

That’s exactly the problem with threads like these. All they do is urge a bunch of people who repeatedly test negative to gather in one place and help keep each other convinced that you all have super herpes, the undetectable, full body symptoms type, and you drive yourselves crazy. It’s sad to watch.

If dark thoughts includes depression or the thought that you want to harm yourself, please get off of this thread and get in to see a therapist. Your mental and physical health operate together, perhaps it’s time to approach whatever you have going on differently. 

Edited by NY12345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
Just now, NY12345 said:

That’s exactly the problem with threads like these. All they do is urge a bunch of people who repeatedly test negative to gather in one place and help keep each other convinced that you all have super herpes, the undetectable, full body symptoms type, and you drive yourselves crazy. It’s sad to watch.

It’s no coincidence this all came after unprotected sex and another person caught similar symptoms from me. 

 

No medications have worked and doctors aren’t sure what to tell me. It’s sad when a doctor is stumped by something that is altering your way of life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke

@WilsoInAus

@ExhaustedGirl1

@ExhaustedGirl1

@NY12345

@Cas9

Sorry these aren't the type of threads that you like to acknowledge or see, but we are definitely a subset of the population and would obviously be represented on the board.  I'm not forcing any of you to read it or reply, I didn't fill these 14 pages by talking to myself so other people are vested in the discussion as well, especially given the private messages I've received. 

I already had a swab and it was a fight to get it. My dermatologist thinks there isn't a lot of value in future swabs due to their high false negative rate. You have to look at what it buys you in terms of confidence. Most doctors here won't let you "drop in" for a swab either. 

I think herpes makes people grumpy because this forum isn't exactly supportive. It's actually quite contrarian. I think some people enjoy the discussion but if you don't then you can easily block me and ignore this thread. 

Edited by MikeIke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke
6 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

It’s no coincidence this all came after unprotected sex and another person caught similar symptoms from me. 

 

No medications have worked and doctors aren’t sure what to tell me. It’s sad when a doctor is stumped by something that is altering your way of life.

Your posts and others in the same boat as us have helped me quite a bit. I wish I got to a diagnosis faster but not being alone out there has been helpful, as well as comparing similar symptoms. 

Yeast/staph infections don't react positively to Valtrex nor do they have prodrome like I do. I would've knocked out the staph infection with all the antibiotics I tried, and yeast with the Diflucan I took. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NY12345
1 minute ago, blurneworder said:

It’s no coincidence this all came after unprotected sex and another person caught similar symptoms from me. 

 

No medications have worked and doctors aren’t sure what to tell me. It’s sad when a doctor is stumped by something that is altering your way of life.

No one is saying it’s just a coincidence, but just because something occurred after sex, you can’t just decide that something is herpes. Don’t you wonder why so many people who are experiencing the same symptoms are testing negative as well? That’s the part that stumps me. You think you’re ALL just evading the tests??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NY12345
1 minute ago, MikeIke said:

Your posts and others in the same boat as us have helped me quite a bit. I wish I got to a diagnosis faster but not being alone out there has been helpful, as well as comparing similar symptoms. 

Yeast/staph infections don't react positively to Valtrex nor do they have prodrome like I do. I would've knocked out the staph infection with all the antibiotics I tried, and yeast with the Diflucan I took. 

Getting to a diagnosis is going to be impossible if you’ve already decided that herpes is the only diagnosis you’ll accept, and that keeps coming back negative! 

I’ve had a couple of yeast infections that didn’t get knocked out after early antibiotics, and not only that, but screwed up my flora and just resulted in even more problems. That doesn’t mean the problem wasn’t yeast.

If you’re having to fight to get the medical services that you’re paying for, get a new doctor, or go to a different clinic. It’s your health, be demanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stolo868

If you are not interested you don’t have to be here. There are many other threats. I am writing anyway private to Mike it’s more valuable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke
7 minutes ago, NY12345 said:

Getting to a diagnosis is going to be impossible if you’ve already decided that herpes is the only diagnosis you’ll accept, and that keeps coming back negative! 

I’ve had a couple of yeast infections that didn’t get knocked out after early antibiotics, and not only that, but screwed up my flora and just resulted in even more problems. That doesn’t mean the problem wasn’t yeast.

If you’re having to fight to get the medical services that you’re paying for, get a new doctor, or go to a different clinic. It’s your health, be demanding. 

That's fair given your history with yeast infections. I have only accepted it because I was told by 2 dermatologists now when I had visible symptoms. The other visits were with vague symptoms only. Plus the symptoms plus medication helping seem to fit, doctor:s words not mine. Sometimes you have to go by the evidence you've got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder

I continue to have symptoms in places were herpes is known to cause problems - groin, penis, anus, eyes, mouth, ears, brain.

Im still waiting for anyone to tell me what else attacks these areas of the body.

The other two people who had symptoms after sleeping with me were able to rid whatever harmed them, but I am not able to for whatever reason. Things just keep spreading to my body where herpes lives.

By reading this website for hours, I’ve identified other people who have the exact same problems as me, and they have herpes. I don’t know why I can’t test positive, but it’s been proven tag some people test positive years later.

Edited by blurneworder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
Just now, MikeIke said:

@blurneworderyou may as well try 500mg Valtrex for 6 weeks to see if it does anything at all. 

I’m getting to that point. Next week is a slew of new doctors, so I’m going to talk it over with them.

i had an ER nurse give me an antiviral prescription back in October because she felt that whatever was happening might be solved by it. I have yet to take it for fear of doing damage to my body,  but damage has already been done by whatever is happening to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NY12345
3 hours ago, blurneworder said:

I’m getting to that point. Next week is a slew of new doctors, so I’m going to talk it over with them.

i had an ER nurse give me an antiviral prescription back in October because she felt that whatever was happening might be solved by it. I have yet to take it for fear of doing damage to my body,  but damage has already been done by whatever is happening to me

What damage to your body are you worried antivirals will cause? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
51 minutes ago, NY12345 said:

What damage to your body are you worried antivirals will cause? 

If I truly don’t have it, taking anti virals is not good for my body

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

No @MikeIke that’s the wrong attitude.

This thread is not just about you. In fact you are role modelling as we all are for readers of these threads.

Just agreeing with your suppositions is not support. Support IS challenge, 

And challenge you must. Of what value is it to anyone to carry on like you are with the guesses you are carrying?

Edited by WilsoInAus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,098
    • Total Posts
      463,444
  • Posts

    • Voyager2
      I'm glad I donated and will do so again when it hits $10,000, as you will, Mike. If anybody doubts what the Jerome group is trying to do, the report from Vail, CO in May 2018 makes it crystal clear. Their goal is to disable the virus and render it incapable of reactivating from latency, which is exactly what we want, and they are up to about 20% to 30% successful, which is SOLID progress.
    • Aurora444
      Do herpes leave scar? I had 3 blisters on my eye forehead, my aunt said it was herpes. But  hinsi naman sya nagtingle at masakit. At ngayon nag scar na sya sa may eyebrow ko. Nilalagyan ko na lang nang eyeliner para hindi halata. 
    • Aurora444
      Im here.. i have scars on my eyebrows and eye forehead. I am scaref it is caused by herpes. But herpes daw rarely leaves  scar
    • Aurora444
      I recently have atleast 3 scars which are already atleast 2 months now. I dont know it it is caused by a herpes, but as far as i can remember it stared last november 27, 2018. It did not have water filled blisters but it tingles. It was not painful at all. I thought it would just clear up after a week but it leaves a scar. I put a celetique scar remover but it didnt worked at all. The scars are still there and i think it is growing. Im afraid, scared and ashamed to go to the doctor. Pls help  
    • Aurora444
      I recently have atleast 3 scars which are already atleast 2 months now. I dont know it it is caused by a herpes, but as far as i can remember it stared last november 27, 2018. It did not have water filled blisters but it tingles. It was not painful at all. I thought it would just clear up after a week but it leaves a scar. I put a celetique scar remover but it didnt worked at all. The scars are still there and i think it is growing. Im afraid, scared and ashamed to go to the doctor. Pls help
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.