Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MikeIke

Ruined but no positive tests :(

Recommended Posts

MikeIke
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

They’re blood tests, there is no need to feel anything about them. They are what they are and the stats are known.

Your testing is conclusive, you do  it have herpes.

@WilsoInAus i have read some people on here taking 11 months to show positive in igg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

@WilsoInAus i have read some people on here taking 11 months to show positive in igg

I haven’t seen many of those. Often a childhood HSV-1 is confused as taking time to seroconversion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExhaustedGirl1
6 hours ago, MikeIke said:

Im out of state and couldn't get into a clinic before my flight home :(. My appt is next Monday though, i will keep you posted. 

 

Well next Monday isn’t going to be very helpful.. I would encourage you to go to an urgent care/clinic etc to get a swab now that you’re home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BartSimpson

Had same symptoms . Burning in penis , nerve pain , lower back pain etc 

girl I caught it from had positive viral culture on her vagina for genital herpes 8 years prior but tested negative igg prior to us sleeping together so she assumed she didn't have it anymore . 

started dating another girl recently who had positive swab for herpes on vagina in 2013 but tests negative for igg for both types of HSV currently . She also assumed she "beat it" and was no longer a carrier . She gets burning nerve pain all over , constant lower back pain , itchiness all over etc 

with both women I experienced a burning sensation in fingertips upon touching there vagina , with the second one I knew exactly what was happening and it scared the hell out of me . Now I'm going thru the initial exposure symptoms all over again except they are alittle different . Headache , pressure behind right eye , burning and pinching sensations all over , lower back pain , weakness and fatigue , burning spots on skin, outbreak on chin , cramping etc I had chronic health issues and poor GI function prior to catching HSV so my immune system responds very poorly to these viruses.

testing for hsv 2 is very , very inaccurate . And there are multiple strains of hsv 2 . Viruses mutate slightly with each new host as does  the antigen and antibody response . I'm learning the hard way that just because you have hsv 2 doesn't mean you are immune to hsv 2, so if you start dating someone new who has hsv2 you are going to pick up there strain and they will pick up yours . I currently test positive for only hsv 1 and it's been 8 months since I caught type 2.

 

one word of advice , I would recommend eating a lower histamine diet and avoid highly acidic foods or drinks . They flare the virus for me and others as well. Also keep stress levels down and be sure to get low intensity exercise everyday to balance nervous system.

wilson is very, very uneducated when it comes to hsv and the symptoms it can present as well as testing accuracy . You would think he would be clued in after reading how many consistencies in "atypical" symptoms people post about after exposure on this board as well as the the large amount of people who have positive swabs but negative IGG testing or people with classic hsv symptoms but negative blood work results long after initial exposure...

so little is known about these viruses and what they do to our bodies , another word of advice is that after initial exposure rate of viral shedding is very high so be very careful around people you live with or come in contact with . This virus spreads like wildfire in people right after initial exposure . It lives on inanimate surfaces and objects for a minimum of 4 hours and up to several days depending on uv light exposure , air temp and humidity and other environmental factors . All it takes is virus to skin contact for transmission , and in someone with poor health or of old age they pick it up much easier and it can cause serious health issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

@BartSimpson oh the drama. Oh the tragedy.

I think your name says it all, a little boy who never grows up.

There is not a credible word in what you have written to be seen.

YOU do NOT have HSV-2, genital herpes.

SImplesness!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke

Ok - I decided to get tested again to see how my antibodies are titrating.

My last possible exposure for penile HSV was 9/7.  This person knowingly had oral HSV.  We kissed, she went down on me, we also had vaginal intercourse unprotected.

I got tested on 11/12 and my HSV 1 & 2 both under 0.2.

I completed Valtrex 2g day from 11/11 - 11/20.

I just got another test on 11/19 (I know, a week later is way too soon).  HIV neg.  Trich Vag neg.  HSV 2 is under 0.2.  HSV 1 = 0.2

This puts me @ ~11 weeks since last pen-vag intercourse/receiving oral from known oral HSV person. 

Why wouldn't my HSV1 antibodies measure 0.0/0.1 if I didn't have it, why are they 0.2?   Seems weird to consider under <0.9 insignificant, when 0.7 is 700% more than 0.0, for example. 

Valtrex also could have affected this test, but it looks like they've increased slightly in the last 7 days. 

Summary: Both results are negative but the HSV 1 iGG has increased from <0.2 to = 0.2.  This seems in line with the brown vesicle/pimple looking breakouts I'm getting on my lips that took days to heal.  I am using lysine topical daily to prevent them but  I got a new very small one yesterday, a day after the Valtrex ran out.  Happy to post a picture of the lip sores.  I did show it to an MD dermatologist (online) and an in person DO who both thought it was oral herpes.   Glans/corona still having nerve like pain + increased sensitivity and redness / random red splotches that come and go.  Also slight discomfort urinating near the tip.

I will repeat the test in a couple of weeks to put me at 3 months+1 week and put more time away from the Valtrex 10 day course.

Edited by MikeIke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

@MikeIke the way the test works is that your blood is introduced to a well that includes antigens to attract the IgG antibody as well as a colour enzyme. 

This colour enzyme always produces a minimal level of staining even when absolutely no antibodies are present. There is a control well at the end of the tray of test wells that is defined as 1. It varies a little bit in colour density for every different set of Wells.

Your index is the colour density of your well to the control well. It is not a linear function.

Hence every test has a variable minimum from 0 to 0.8 but usually in the range from 0.1 to 0.4. Whatever the minimum number is, it represents absolutely no antibodies at all. It doesn’t matter for example if your result is 0.2 or 0.4, in most cases a negative result is the test minimum and means zero antibodies. It does not mean what you suggest.

Remember that most sex you have ever had in your life is with a HSV-1 person. It may be that as you haven’t caught it yet in your life that you may have a form of immunity to it that now means you have minimal chance of infection!

Edited by WilsoInAus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke

@WilsoInAus wow that's very educational! Thanks! My mom and brother both have HSV1 since childhood.   I'll post the lip vesicle I got if you want to see it.  It is mild looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
On 11/21/2018 at 6:23 AM, BartSimpson said:

Had same symptoms . Burning in penis , nerve pain , lower back pain etc 

girl I caught it from had positive viral culture on her vagina for genital herpes 8 years prior but tested negative igg prior to us sleeping together so she assumed she didn't have it anymore . 

started dating another girl recently who had positive swab for herpes on vagina in 2013 but tests negative for igg for both types of HSV currently . She also assumed she "beat it" and was no longer a carrier . She gets burning nerve pain all over , constant lower back pain , itchiness all over etc 

with both women I experienced a burning sensation in fingertips upon touching there vagina , with the second one I knew exactly what was happening and it scared the hell out of me . Now I'm going thru the initial exposure symptoms all over again except they are alittle different . Headache , pressure behind right eye , burning and pinching sensations all over , lower back pain , weakness and fatigue , burning spots on skin, outbreak on chin , cramping etc I had chronic health issues and poor GI function prior to catching HSV so my immune system responds very poorly to these viruses.

testing for hsv 2 is very , very inaccurate . And there are multiple strains of hsv 2 . Viruses mutate slightly with each new host as does  the antigen and antibody response . I'm learning the hard way that just because you have hsv 2 doesn't mean you are immune to hsv 2, so if you start dating someone new who has hsv2 you are going to pick up there strain and they will pick up yours . I currently test positive for only hsv 1 and it's been 8 months since I caught type 2.

 

one word of advice , I would recommend eating a lower histamine diet and avoid highly acidic foods or drinks . They flare the virus for me and others as well. Also keep stress levels down and be sure to get low intensity exercise everyday to balance nervous system.

wilson is very, very uneducated when it comes to hsv and the symptoms it can present as well as testing accuracy . You would think he would be clued in after reading how many consistencies in "atypical" symptoms people post about after exposure on this board as well as the the large amount of people who have positive swabs but negative IGG testing or people with classic hsv symptoms but negative blood work results long after initial exposure...

so little is known about these viruses and what they do to our bodies , another word of advice is that after initial exposure rate of viral shedding is very high so be very careful around people you live with or come in contact with . This virus spreads like wildfire in people right after initial exposure . It lives on inanimate surfaces and objects for a minimum of 4 hours and up to several days depending on uv light exposure , air temp and humidity and other environmental factors . All it takes is virus to skin contact for transmission , and in someone with poor health or of old age they pick it up much easier and it can cause serious health issues.

 

The positive swab and negative bloodwork is scary. Makes me wonder if my swabs were all done at the wrong time. My bloodwork is always negative,  but I match almost all of your symptoms.

all started after unprotected a vaginal and oral sex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
12 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

The positive swab and negative bloodwork is scary. Makes me wonder if my swabs were all done at the wrong time. My bloodwork is always negative,  but I match almost all of your symptoms.

all started after unprotected a vaginal and oral sex.

I think that’s the point. The story is a troll story. The are not two girls with radioactive, glow in the dark vaginas and this guy does not have genital herpes.

Turn to the light, the truth and the path. Don’t follow the hobgoblins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blurneworder
14 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

I think that’s the point. The story is a troll story. The are not two girls with radioactive, glow in the dark vaginas and this guy does not have genital herpes.

Turn to the light, the truth and the path. Don’t follow the hobgoblins!

I’m not sure why you are talking about radioactive vaginas.

@BartSimpson, I believe you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, blurneworder said:

I’m not sure why you are talking about radioactive vaginas.

@BartSimpson, I believe you 

And there in lies the problem ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BartSimpson

I have no reason to make any of this up. I've spoken to MANY people with positive swabs but negative  on antibody tests years after exposure , hsv 2 specifically .

how you handle this virus depends on your age , immune function, diet and lifestyle , stress levels etc 

it took around 8 months for symptoms to settle down after last exposure and than things would only flare if I got stressed or run down physically . 

I figured I was in the clear in regards to having immunity to both types of hsv and I was wrong . i have to go thru this whole process again and last time was a nightmare . For some reason my immune system just doesn't respond well to it.

my advice is to eat low histamine , low acidic diet . Low intensity exercise, drink a lot of water , stay out of sun in excess and keep a positive mindset . Things should settle down with a year .

wilson likes to troll people on this group and hand out health diagnoses to people based on a couple paragraphs they post on here, his posts are ignorant and insulting and should be disregarded .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BartSimpson

One more thing to add , April -may and October - November seem to be times when these viruses flare for some reason . I think it has to do with allergens in the air (pollen , mold etc). A big factor to controlling hsv is keeping allergic reactions down. When histamine reactions are high in body T cells don't function right and allow virus to flourish . This is why some people need special diet to control virus .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke

Interpretation of results: "A negative result does not preclude the patient having anti-HSV antibodies."

www.pointescientific.com/uploads/inserts/T8007-01-1549.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, MikeIke said:

Interpretation of results: "A negative result does not preclude the patient having anti-HSV antibodies."

www.pointescientific.com/uploads/inserts/T8007-01-1549.pdf

 

You’ve left out all the context. This is referring to a combination of issues including:

- testing to soon after infection

- sero reversion for longer term infections 

- miss rate after 12-16 weeks that’s about 1-2%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke

@WilsoInAus I was having trouble replying, the message box was frozen for some reason.  A couple of things I wanted to note from this.

It does say the test should not be considered diagnostic, and that serological procedures are not intended to replace viral isolation.  I think the medical community seems lost with this because they see a negative result and think that is the gold standard.  Also, "Paired specimens should be collected during the acute and convalescent stages of infection, and tested concurrently to detect significant antibody increases. The semi-quantitative procedure should be used when testing paired sera only."

I don't think anyone saves our previous bloodwork to run a comparison once a follow up test is done.  Medical professionals just compare results like I was doing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

Yes but what they are referring to is the fact that negative to positive is strongly indicative of a recent infection. It does not refer to variation of negatives. For this reason, some test manufactures and/or labs now recommend reporting negative results as <0.9 in order to stop doctors and patients misinterpreting ‘movements’ in negatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MikeIke

I was told I had "guilty penis syndrome" even though it's bright red now and more swollen, and I get nerve pain+burning.  I also have NGU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RainyDay2

https://sti.bmj.com/content/89/Suppl_1/A62.1#

Sorry @WilsoInAus  hate to burst ya bubble, but looks like you’ve been proven wrong.  Your trusted IGG blood test isnt as reliable as you thought it was after all, just like I said.  That’s a link to some actual research and not just regurgitated statistics.

Just to sum up what I just linked you to: 

“Our data show that HSV IgG1 and IgG2 antibodies are false negative in respectively 28% and 17% of recurrent genital infections. This should be taken in consideration when these tests are used in a clinical setting or as proxy for risk behaviour in epidemiologic studies”

Those are facts for you.  The IGG tests are horrible just like I said.   Now stop running around this forum telling people they don’t have HSV.  You and many others in the medical field are assuming a negative blood test means you aren't infected.  Unfortunately for patients such as myself, we can’t depend on that assumption because research clearly shows 17-25% of the people taking these tests may come back with false negatives, even though they HAVE the virus.

crazy ain’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

This is a selective and statistically insignificant retrospective study. You will note that there are no confidence intervals.

I suggest you read a proper study that is statistically significant by appropriately qualified herpes experts. The authors of this paper need no introduction.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2820239/#!po=45.0000

Sensitivity of Herpeselect (gen 2) 99.3%!

WOW 99.3% sensitivity!!! Thor’s blood that brings tears to the eyes that’s so accurate.

How do you explain that? Far from crazy, simply awesome.

But this is it not relevant. What we often are talking about here is the interpretation of negative IgG AND negative/inability to obtain a swab. That sensitivity is essentially 100%.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,098
    • Total Posts
      463,443
  • Posts

    • Voyager2
      I'm glad I donated and will do so again when it hits $10,000, as you will, Mike. If anybody doubts what the Jerome group is trying to do, the report from Vail, CO in May 2018 makes it crystal clear. Their goal is to disable the virus and render it incapable of reactivating from latency, which is exactly what we want, and they are up to about 20% to 30% successful, which is SOLID progress.
    • Aurora444
      Do herpes leave scar? I had 3 blisters on my eye forehead, my aunt said it was herpes. But  hinsi naman sya nagtingle at masakit. At ngayon nag scar na sya sa may eyebrow ko. Nilalagyan ko na lang nang eyeliner para hindi halata. 
    • Aurora444
      Im here.. i have scars on my eyebrows and eye forehead. I am scaref it is caused by herpes. But herpes daw rarely leaves  scar
    • Aurora444
      I recently have atleast 3 scars which are already atleast 2 months now. I dont know it it is caused by a herpes, but as far as i can remember it stared last november 27, 2018. It did not have water filled blisters but it tingles. It was not painful at all. I thought it would just clear up after a week but it leaves a scar. I put a celetique scar remover but it didnt worked at all. The scars are still there and i think it is growing. Im afraid, scared and ashamed to go to the doctor. Pls help  
    • Aurora444
      I recently have atleast 3 scars which are already atleast 2 months now. I dont know it it is caused by a herpes, but as far as i can remember it stared last november 27, 2018. It did not have water filled blisters but it tingles. It was not painful at all. I thought it would just clear up after a week but it leaves a scar. I put a celetique scar remover but it didnt worked at all. The scars are still there and i think it is growing. Im afraid, scared and ashamed to go to the doctor. Pls help
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.