World's Largest Herpes Support Group
MikeIke

Ruined but no positive tests :(

WilsoInAus

@MikeIke I am aware of one person who swabbed positive after 11 months. 

The absolute vast majority of people in your position are truly negative. 

It does take time, but you need to focus on the voice in your head eventually become a whisper that fades.

MikeIke

@WilsoInAus

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/iju.13044

Adenovirus or HSV = marked dyuria and meatitis. 

There are 0 other options.

Constant penile glans pain from urethritis/nerves = herpetic.  Plus my lips broke out back in November and keep breaking out with redness along the lipline/getting pain/tingling.

10 days of Valtrex calmed down the urethritis by day 12.  My lips were also good until day 16.  Now I am getting constant redness and pain all around my lips and red little sores.  They tingle/burn.

I'm constantly stressed out so maybe am constantly triggering.  I was able to reduce my symptoms with 3g lysine+turmeric+olive leaf extract+monolaurin but not eliminate my symptoms. 

I can't keep up Lysine 3g/day forever.  This is nuts.

See the post below which you were active in - one guy biopsied HSV+ after all negative tests as well.

WilsoInAus

@MikeIke stop being a pillow. Take control of things.

There are heaps of issues involving kidneys, bladder, crohns you name it.

I see you aren’t going to believe you don’t have herpes so go for it. You have herpes. What now?

MikeIke

@WilsoInAus well the next step would be identifying proper therapy - i.e. a daily suppressive.  My immune system can't seem to handle this problem. 

I don't want herpes at all, and I'd buy it if it weren't for my lips tbh.  It just looks bad day to day. 

MikeIke

My goal is just 0 pain, normalcy and being able to live out a decent life. I'll give up on finding a partner at this point.

WilsoInAus
25 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

My goal is just 0 pain, normalcy and being able to live out a decent life. I'll give up on finding a partner at this point.

Then just do it! Go for it man!

And no need to skip on a partner, you can have as much unprotected sex with HSV-2 women as you desire.

Edited by WilsoInAus

WilsoInAus

So what, you’re going to wake up with pain anyway so may as well have sex during the night!

MikeIke

@WilsoInAus well let's think through this logically...

1. Sex during week of 9/4 with 2 fems - 1 of which admits to having cold sores. Oral sex may have been received from HSV fem - don't recall.

9/5 penile irritation begins

anti-fungals do not work - single diflucan did nothing, 3 weeks of fungal cream does nothing

steroid cream helps but doesnt cure it. pain radiating from inside urethra since 9/15.

9/10 - flu like symptoms + nerve pain around mouth. lasts for a few days.

9/15 - test for HIV + HSV - all neg.  Only 7-10 days out for IGG.

9/18 - Told penile issues are fungal/irritation, so move on.  Meet new girl and give her oral.

9/18 - Mouth HSV risk RESET.

All UTI testing comes back neg - no chlamydia, gon, syph, etc.

10/15 - repeat hiv/hsv igg - all neg.

11/9 - mouth breaks out with pimple/canker looking sores. 3 around edge of lips, one dead center on my lower lip.  Felt sudden irritation/onset.

11/11 - begin 10 day course of VALTREX

11/12 - repeat hiv/hsv igg - all neg. (11 weeks for genital, 7 weeks oral).

11/21 - repeat hiv/hsv igg - all neg (12 weeks genital, 8 weeks oral)

11/21 - end valtrex. also stop supplements

11/28 - lip breakouts return.

12/5 - hsv igm - neg (13 weeks genital, 8 weeks oral)

12/2-12/7 - complete 5 day z-pak.  no benefit.

options:

1. hsv1 on mouth and hsv1 on penis causing persistent herpetic urethritis and persistent outbreaks on face.

2. hsv1 on mouth and fungal/other on penis causing persistent urethritis.

3. anxiety causing both symptoms somehow as a mimic.

4. other causing both symptoms.

Maybe valtrex impacted my #'s.

Edited by MikeIke

blurneworder
17 hours ago, MikeIke said:

@WilsoInAus maybe. But you were part of that 3 year long thread of folks with the exact same symptoms as me. One of them finally got positive from a biopsy. 

What are your thoughts on immunoblot vs elisa? One study showed the former being more accurate. 

Having second thoughts on letting it go. Daily it has been :

Mouth : redness around lips, lots of breakouts around lips, white skin crusting around lips

Penile Meatitis, redness, urethritis, glans sensitivity, dysuria, shooting pain from urethra, white peeling skin sometimes

New: fatigue, random skin depigmentation, pain spreading into butt as nerve pain

Girl i was with mentioned "the hsv blood tests are so inaccurate" - - how would she know this? Planning on asking once I know she won't lie. 

Next step is meeting with a new urologist. Retesting igg today 14 weeks. 

11 week igg and hiv was neg.

12 week igm was neg but may have waited too long. 

I just want to be normal again. 

Breakouts meaning zits?

My mouth is also red, especially on the edges. I keep getting zits around my mouth and my top lip is constantly chapped.

i too am starting to get the nerve pain in the butt.

i also have redness on the penis and white peeing skin.

what else could affect those areas other than herpes? What coincidentally affects the mouth, penis, and anus after sex that is not herpes?

WilsoInAus

@MikeIke why go with logic now? You believe you have herpes and won’t believe orherwise.

So go for it. Live your life with herpes. What next?

MikeIke

Im worried i have it and trying to manage my symptoms assuming i do because i don't have another alternative. I tried managing them as anxiety but it isn't working. I can't orgasm or go a week without a flare up. I can't make my urethra hurt and cause peeling skin. 

There's something awry. 

WilsoInAus
27 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

Im worried i have it and trying to manage my symptoms assuming i do because i don't have another alternative. I tried managing them as anxiety but it isn't working. I can't orgasm or go a week without a flare up. I can't make my urethra hurt and cause peeling skin. 

There's something awry. 

Yes man it’s herpes! It causes everything up until and including the second coming! Keep going let it all out.

MikeIke

@WilsoInAus sometimes these sarcastic responses aren't productive to people who are genuinely in pain, just some constructive feedback for you. I understand where you are coming from. 

WilsoInAus
9 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

@WilsoInAus sometimes these sarcastic responses aren't productive to people who are genuinely in pain, just some constructive feedback for you. I understand where you are coming from. 

The productive part is making you think and react. 

You are too focused on herpes rather than your pain. 

Youre seeing a doctor today for the pain?

WilsoInAus
6 minutes ago, MikeIke said:

@WilsoInAus Friday Jewish urologist 

As opposed to a proper urologist? What will he be looking at from a different perspective? How are you going to contextualise?

WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, MikeIke said:

@WilsoInAus discuss constant urethritis pain and how to approach it. Next steps for testing and pain management etc. 

Absolutely see the urologist. Do not talk at all about your thoughts, just present the symptoms exactly as you have experienced them, no embellishment or exclusion. If asked provide all test results asked for. Be a blank sheet of paper.

They may be able narrow down from the long list of pelvic, bladder, kidney, prostate, immune and so on issues this could be.

Ask for pain relief on the basis of best estimate of cause.

Gems

Just read the first three posts. Sounds like shitty doctors they do it all the time. A good nurse might listen. A speciality sexual health clinic nurse might get the drama more. I'd hate anyone to think they have something they don't, but if it responds to meds or alt treatment it is likely. Biopsy of penis not so sure if i'd want that if they'd do that and they can do western blot. It is very hard to diagnose. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Gems
On 12/11/2018 at 3:07 PM, MikeIke said:

@WilsoInAus

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/iju.13044

Adenovirus or HSV = marked dyuria and meatitis. 

There are 0 other options.

Constant penile glans pain from urethritis/nerves = herpetic.  Plus my lips broke out back in November and keep breaking out with redness along the lipline/getting pain/tingling.

10 days of Valtrex calmed down the urethritis by day 12.  My lips were also good until day 16.  Now I am getting constant redness and pain all around my lips and red little sores.  They tingle/burn.

I'm constantly stressed out so maybe am constantly triggering.  I was able to reduce my symptoms with 3g lysine+turmeric+olive leaf extract+monolaurin but not eliminate my symptoms. 

I can't keep up Lysine 3g/day forever.  This is nuts.

See the post below which you were active in - one guy biopsied HSV+ after all negative tests as well.

Exactly it is hard to diagnose. Really hard. If your getting your prescription and sound like you have it you are smart enough to know. Be careful of personal objects, rubbing or touching the area. Use a heated towel rail I suggested in another thread to make sure towel is very hot and dry....thats my own personal suggestion. I air dry in front of heater. Spreading is less than usual but it happens and not always throu a cut in skin. 

WilsonAus sounds like a caring guy and there are people here who are prob fine and just freaking, but is not fully informed althou he thinks he is. I am sure he doesn't mean it.

Gems
On 12/12/2018 at 5:49 AM, MikeIke said:

We are doing the differential diagnosis together @WilsoInAus!

-Anxiety disorder 

-HSV

-? 

Hi - there is a distinct problem with peoples on the ground experience with this disease and the medical community. I have written to the maryland ethics community and have included this thread and others like it. They are one of the places that recognises that this can be spread off objects. The cases of medical malpractice I see in these threads and the bad advise is appalling. 

Gems
On 11/22/2018 at 1:23 AM, BartSimpson said:

Had same symptoms . Burning in penis , nerve pain , lower back pain etc 

girl I caught it from had positive viral culture on her vagina for genital herpes 8 years prior but tested negative igg prior to us sleeping together so she assumed she didn't have it anymore . 

started dating another girl recently who had positive swab for herpes on vagina in 2013 but tests negative for igg for both types of HSV currently . She also assumed she "beat it" and was no longer a carrier . She gets burning nerve pain all over , constant lower back pain , itchiness all over etc 

with both women I experienced a burning sensation in fingertips upon touching there vagina , with the second one I knew exactly what was happening and it scared the hell out of me . Now I'm going thru the initial exposure symptoms all over again except they are alittle different . Headache , pressure behind right eye , burning and pinching sensations all over , lower back pain , weakness and fatigue , burning spots on skin, outbreak on chin , cramping etc I had chronic health issues and poor GI function prior to catching HSV so my immune system responds very poorly to these viruses.

testing for hsv 2 is very , very inaccurate . And there are multiple strains of hsv 2 . Viruses mutate slightly with each new host as does  the antigen and antibody response . I'm learning the hard way that just because you have hsv 2 doesn't mean you are immune to hsv 2, so if you start dating someone new who has hsv2 you are going to pick up there strain and they will pick up yours . I currently test positive for only hsv 1 and it's been 8 months since I caught type 2.

one word of advice , I would recommend eating a lower histamine diet and avoid highly acidic foods or drinks . They flare the virus for me and others as well. Also keep stress levels down and be sure to get low intensity exercise everyday to balance nervous system.

wilson is very, very uneducated when it comes to hsv and the symptoms it can present as well as testing accuracy . You would think he would be clued in after reading how many consistencies in "atypical" symptoms people post about after exposure on this board as well as the the large amount of people who have positive swabs but negative IGG testing or people with classic hsv symptoms but negative blood work results long after initial exposure...

so little is known about these viruses and what they do to our bodies , another word of advice is that after initial exposure rate of viral shedding is very high so be very careful around people you live with or come in contact with . This virus spreads like wildfire in people right after initial exposure . It lives on inanimate surfaces and objects for a minimum of 4 hours and up to several days depending on uv light exposure , air temp and humidity and other environmental factors . All it takes is virus to skin contact for transmission , and in someone with poor health or of old age they pick it up much easier and it can cause serious health issues.

WilsonAus thinks if you get your info at the local "mac donalds" sexual health clinic it is accurate. I've sent these threads to the university of maryland ethic committee. I am hoping that they will run some sort of survey/study across the collected data here.

WilsonAus means well but he is utterly unable to apply independent or critical thinking skill. 

I wish the mods of this site would have a quiet word to him.

MikeIke

Many doctors have told me i don't have herpes - either folliculitis or just anxiety, despite the timing and combination of symptoms. 

I couldn't even get a swab of one of my lip vesicle because it looks too much like a pimple and wasn't in a cluster.  He saw my skin flaking on my scrotum and didn't think much of it. 

I told a urologist i was having constant pain in my penis and he didn't believe me. 

So the medical community seems to follow with Wilson