World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Elly86

I'm getting married and my Fiance is positive HSV-1

Elly86

I've known my fiance for couple of years, and in our country, before we get married, it is compulsary for the couple to screen for HIV test. The test showed negative for both of us. Then we decided to take an STD test (without any symptoms) just to make sure and this test include Syphyllis, Chlamydia n both type of HSV. The results came with me having negative for all STDs and my fiance having all negative except for HSV-1 (igG blood test). 

I am under so much pressure right now to consider of calling off the wedding or continue with it. My concern is that how it going to affect my pregnancy and my life as a whole.

I love my fiance so much, I try to support him as much as I can. I just have certain worry about my future in terms of pregnancy and whether Im gonna contract HSV-1 oral or genital? Cause my fiance did not show any symptom either on his mounth or genital

Anyone can give me advice regarding this..Im so much appreciate it.

WilsoInAus

I encourage you to forget about it. Your partner almost undoubtedly has an oral HSV-1 infection.

But so will more than half of men out there.

There is very unlikely to be any issues with pregnancy and HSV-1. As you’ll learn there are so many things in life that readily eclipse herpes as an issue.

If you love this man with all your heart, you marry him.

Roja

The WHO estimates that about 80% of the population have HSV-1. So even if you leave your partner, it will be hard to find one without it, hehe :)

As Wilson said: If you love him, marry him. 

Michgirl73

Definitely agree with other 2, your chances on meeting someone else with the same virus is very high. If he a good man and you love him then you shouldn’t let this break what u have. This virus sucks but a human being that is good to you and u love is priceless.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• ManagingIllness
      By ManagingIllness
      Full paper here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X18315652
      Note sure if anyone wrote about this. I couldn't find any results for VC2 in the site's search. This is a live attenuated vaccine from Louisiana State University. The results do not seem super promising, as reducing shedding/recurrance by < 70% pre-clinical is common in many discontinued vaccines. Still, research is being done, which is always great!
      Prophylactic conclusions:
      "Our studies also showed that VC2 vaccine decreases the clinical severity of acute and recurrent HSV-2 disease in guinea pigs when provided by intramuscular vaccination. During the primary infection, animals vaccinated with VC2 had a significant decrease in clinical severity and replicating virus in the vaginal vault. Prophylactic vaccination also decreased the quantity of virus in the DRGs when compared to the No Treatment group. The ability to protect neural tissue from latent infection probably contributed to the decrease in the number of animals with recurrent lesions by 67% and the number of days with recurrent vaginal shedding by 46%. This reduction in shedding is particularly important because transmission of HSV-2 to uninfected persons is largely due to asymptomatic shedding [38], [39]."
      Theraputic conclusions:
      "When tested as a therapeutic vaccine, i.e., one designed to decrease recurrent disease and recurrent virus shedding in those already infected with HSV, the VC2 vaccine was not effective although it did reduce recurrent shedding, at least when compared to the gD2 vaccine. This may be because live attenuated vaccines have only limited replication in hosts that are already infected and thus do not have much of an impact in improving the immune response. Because infected hosts have frequent reactivations of virus that would be similar to a live vaccine inoculation it may be difficult for the vaccine to improve the immune response unless it is able to induce responses not activated by the host’s recurrent virus replication."
    • Elly86
      By Elly86
      Hi..Ive been browsing around the web, and find out that HSV1 might caused eye infection and ultimately blindness..how common is this? Anyone experiencing this before?
    • Sara5222
      By Sara5222
      I just being diagnosed with hsv-1 (oral) and experience my first outbreak. What worry me is that i am on my early stage of pregnancy, is there any risk i transmit the virus to my baby in the uterus? Since I never had any outbreak before and this is the 1st time I've been tested positive with hsv-1. Anyone could help me deal with this, Im so worry, I really want to make sure my baby is delivered safe and healthy
    • jap123
      By jap123
      Hello,
      I've never had a herpes sore or any symptom in my entire life.  
      Last week I receive a small spit of saliva in my lip when I am talking to a friend who has active sores. After that I "run" to the bathroom and washed my lips with lots of water.
      So far I have had no symptoms, whem exceed the incubation period of 20 days and I have NO symptoms , I can rest? 
      Please give some advice! What I have to do to get peace in my head?  or tell me if this episode is a risk of transmission? 
      Thanks for your support 

• Igiveup
      By Igiveup
      I just got what I am calling first OB last week.   I'm stunned, depressed, sick...  list goes on and on.    Had several partners before marriage .. been married for 15 years.   I've never cheated.  Don't think he's cheated or he even was with anyone before me.  But I wouldn't bet my life on any one other my own actions.     But he's a pretty good guy and promises he has not.    I'm in so much pain, I can't breath hardly.   Dr says it's for sure herpes.  I am awaiting test results.    Started Valtrex.  I can't even hardly look at my husband now.   He's being so sweet and worrried about me but I just want this to go away.    Help please.  Where do you go from here? Does he for sure need tested ?  I don't want to make him sick if he's not and now that I'm having OBs I'm afraid I'll make him sick if I ever have sex with him again.   Tests sound like they won't show if he's already carrying it if he's not symptomatic...  ???   Im afraid my kids are carrying without knowing now.     Want to die almost.   How do I go back to my church and my work like this isn't taking over my life ??  
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • viralfrog
      I'm 99% confident that these are caused by Herpes. This is what they looked like when I first caught the virus, and in the same spots as well, although now much milder and smaller in size.  I have tested positive via swab when I first got the virus, and two times via blood test. However, since several people here are doubting my symptoms are caused by HSV, I might do another swab just to be sure. It's still good to rule anything else out beforehand. 
    • Nicki0605
      And btw  @ayekayelle I’m sorry you’re considering divorce. I hope you are able to work it out with him. But if you’re not happy I think it’s worth taking the risk of leaving! You deserve to be happy!
    • Nicki0605
      Ikr! I’ll have guys be like “oh yeah you’re right, you’re not gross or less valuable but it is a deal breaker” I don’t really blame them (because I am still coming to terms with it being “not a big deal”) 
    • G77
    • Quest
      It's very possible he or you were mostly a carrier. Neither one of you have to have sores all you have to do is shed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.