World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Horne

Is this really good enough?

Miss Horne

I read somewhere that a million Americans will be diagnosed with this virus each year. What are we suppose to tell these people exactly? Sorry we might have a slightly better antiviral available to you in the future but other than that there’s nothing we can do to help you, you’ll just have to suffer?

New treatments will take decades to get to the market. Is it ok for this virus to destroy our bodies until that point comes, if it comes at all?

My American friends you live in the most powerful country in the world. I urge you to please take action in anyway you can. Please  let’s try and get more research into treating and eradicating this virus as quickly as possible.  

We all know it’s not just a skin condition, we suffer everyday and the treatment available to us is simply not good enough. We shouldn’t have to suffer so much in this day and age, it’s not acceptable.

This group needs a spokesperson and we need to start making some real changes.

Godsaveus

Maybe we can start a GoFundMe or a petition to fast track research.

Newone2

No it is not good enough. There needs to be much more attention given to herpes sufferers. Just because is isn't fatal in most cases doesn't mean it's not life threatening/altering. I wonder how many people kill themselves because of this disease every year? Even if the physical symptoms aren't a constant problem, the mental toll it takes can be overwhelming. I know I can't stop thinking about it and I'm in a relationship with the woman that gave this to me. I guess what bothers me the most is that I truly believe that if the propper funding were allocated to resurch for a cure we would have one. Instead our government spends 10 billion dollars on a fighter jet program that will be obsolete in 10 years. If only we could decide what out tax money gets spent on and not some con artist in a suit. We should push for political representation and demand the herpes epademic be taken more seriously to end people's suffering once and for all.