World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Alicia123

Mild prodome for 5 days, no OB...refrain from sex (oral and vaginal)?

Alicia123

I'm on suppressive meds (acyclovir). My prodome days have been very few and far between since on suppressive meds. However, since my new boyfriend went down on me 5 days ago, my tingling and burning sensations have returned on and off, I usually take one 800 mg pill of acyclovir daily but I've been taking 2 pills for 5 days trying to prevent the OB. Mind you, I have been OB free for over a year now. It has worked so far, but the prodome continues slightly. I don't know what to do, as my new boyfriend is very sexually eager and I guess the safest thing to do is to tell him NO oral or intercourse until my prodome is gone... Does that seem reasonable or am I being paranoid? I'm almost telling him I don't want to see him on Thanksgiving as one thing will lead to another...and I don't want to take any chances,

Roja

I would be honest with him. Safety first. Although the risk of transmission is quite low with supressive meds, I would not have oral sex at all. "Normal" sex with condom.. mmh, that's your decision. However, if you have pain or a tickling feeling I guess you will not be enjoying sex, right? 

And... there are lots of alternatives to pleasure a person :yep:

Ps.: I have been suffering from mild prodrome symptoms for a long time... I started washing my underwear without any detergent at 60°C or 90°C and since then my symptoms are nearly gone 100%! 

Alicia123

Thank you, Roja. The easiest solution would be for me not to see him, he is pretty hands on! I don't think he will "behave"! Lol...When I told him about the herpes he didn't even flinch and later that day went down on me, so, I thought that was very bold...Lol

Lovley80

That’s what I do. If I have any symptoms I just tell my boyfriend and we refrain from doing anything until I’m sure that it’s safe. It’s better to be safe.