World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Michgirl73

Water fasting

Michgirl73

Hey everyone!! Just trying to get feedback on any one that has water fast and if it helps and does it cause outbreaks?  How long did u water fast? I also wanted to see if you can take your vitamins or supplements while water fasting?

I’m looking to water fasting to detox my body, as I feel it could help me. I know it’s no cure but getting my body better and the immune system better on track can suppress outbreaks.

Thank u!

WilsoInAus

No, absolutely not. Water is critical to the function of your body, especially your immune system as it pertains to your skin.

Your risk of issues with HSV 1/2 increases with less than adequate water.

If you wish to experiment, then try water ‘flooding’. Increase water intake to 4 litres a day and see how good you feel.

Evaluate

Definitely don't stop drinking water.  Adding onto Wilso water also plays a key piece in waste removal from the body.  If anything people should drink more water than they already do since we're chronically dehydrated.  Over 70% of our body is made up of water.

Michgirl73
9 hours ago, Evaluate said:

Definitely don't stop drinking water.  Adding onto Wilso water also plays a key piece in waste removal from the body.  If anything people should drink more water than they already do since we're chronically dehydrated.  Over 70% of our body is made up of water.

I’m not going to stop.. just looking on going on a water fast to help cleanse my body. I just was wondering if it can cause outbreaks. 

Kurdt01

They're confused...they think it means the opposite of what you mean.....@Michgirl73

Evaluate

Yep, I misunderstood.

There are various "fasts" out there (liquid, "master cleanse", etc.) but I have not seen a lot of research to point to any long term benefit.  Will it affect outbreaks?  Possibly, it will depend on your diet before hand and your current baseline of outbreaks.  Will it do anything long term?  I doubt it.

If you decide to try it I wouldn't do it more than a day at first.

A more effective and safer approach would be to cut out certain food groups systematically to see how your body reacts.

lennyblastoff

I haven't had any issue with either forms of fasting I would just be sure to eat some fruit before you do and don't push yourself to hard

Michgirl73
2 hours ago, Radio said:

Matter of fact if you have a Facebook type in snake diet motivation several people in the group have done fasts Plus they have coaches who will guide you lots of ppl with chronic issues had major improvements in the group  

Actually been following him on Facebook. I was getting some of inspiration from him.  I have intermittent fasted before prior to my diagnosis, I did ok with it. Just wondering if it could cause outbreaks because of your body going without food. Dry fasting seems a bit more extreme for me since I do deal with getting dehydrated rather easy. I already drink about 3 liters of water a day. 

Michgirl73
3 hours ago, Quest said:

It resets the immune system. 

So u don’t think there would be a problem wit outbreaks doing this? I’m looking at doing a 48 hour water fast with adding in salt and potassium in my water. 

Quest
12 hours ago, Michgirl73 said:

So u don’t think there would be a problem wit outbreaks doing this? I’m looking at doing a 48 hour water fast with adding in salt and potassium in my water. 

I do not think you will have a problem unless you are stressed and don't get sleep. Taking electrolytes is a fantastic idea! Don't text the body in any way

howardsmith8888

Several individuals on this forum have benefited from "intermittent fasting" like diets as they cue a process known as autophagy to occur in the body.  Autophagy is the doctor inside you that triggers your cells to eat other defective cells, tumors etc. versus having your cells proliferate.  As to water...I believe the rate of autophagy is magnified 3x while including a water fast simultaneously.  Meaning - if you're only eating during a 8 hour period, you would only be drinking water during that same period as well.  Once you stop eating for the day, you would stop drinking water.

realscience77

There is some recent research over the last few years that fasting can help rebuild the immune system.  For us who have HSV the thought here is that it can help "create a new immune system" for you fight against HSV.  

From what I read it takes a regular schedule of fasting. Like maybe do 72 hours a few times a year. I have done 72 hours once but never continued to follow up. I think I will try this again soon. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4102383/

https://www.gaia.com/article/fasting-resets-immune-system