World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Hopingimwrong

Still part of first outbreak?

Hopingimwrong

I first noticed sores on November 6. Only in 3 spots. They healed up and were gone within 6 days. I did deal with significant fever for about 2 weeks before and in the healing stages of the sores. The doctor visually confirmed it was herpes and gave me 7 days of valtrex, which I finished over a week ago. Yesterday I noticed yellow scab like "crust" in the exact location one of the sores was. It was 100% healed up from the first episode, I paid very close attention. 

Is this still part of a "first" outbreak? I've heard there can be a second round. 

I know HPV is different, but my body took care of that (abnormal paps) 20 years ago. I also have had both mono and chicken pox, but both were very mild cases. Would this be an indication that perhaps the herpes will follow suit and my body can keep it in check enough to not be plagued by incessant outbreaks? Other than the fever, I feel like I had a decently mild first outbreak, compared to what I've heard from others. 

I know no one can know for sure. But if I have to deal with this the rest of my life, i would prefer to not deal with constant outbreaks. (Wouldnt we all??) 

Anon222

Hey there, I think you should go back to your doctor and ask for actual testing, visual diagnosis is not a reliable method. If your sores are gone I would wait another 4 weeks or so and then request and IgG blood test. If more sores pop up I would ask for a swab test on them. I would just personally want to know for certain what I had if I were you. Maybe you have GHSV-1 which is a lot different from 2. Maybe you don’t have herpes at all. That’s why testing is important.

Hopingimwrong

Yes, my boyfriend and I are both planning on going in for blood testing for sure, we just haven't been able to yet. I was hoping the urgent care doctor would swab when I went the first time, but he didnt. Although I'm pretty sure this is herpes, I really dont know what else it could be. I will try to add a picture of the original spot in question, and what it looks like now.

doh!

I would be hesitant to say that these are herpes blisters, particularly the 1st one. And I wouldn't recommend scrubbing. Do you have any pain/itching- or both?

Hopingimwrong

I showered but didnt scrub. Lol! Its tender if I poke or stretch it. Feels pretty non existent if I'm just living my life. Definitely itched yesterday and last night. Not like killer itch but an itch. Here are some pics of the other two spots I had initially. They were internal. (This set is a little more graphic, click at your own risk.) These are completely gone now, and were only tender/hurt if I got pee on them for about 36 hours. 

https://imgur.com/a/NDcMZej

doh!

I clicked :sunglasses:. I still wouldn't say "That's herpes for sure" on the visual- and experiential- evidence. Initial hsv2 outbreaks are usually more numerous, debilitating and painful. I can't comment on genital hsv1.

Hopingimwrong

Thanks for being brave and looking! Lol! If I do have hsv, I'm pretty sure I got it from my new boyfriend. We have only been intimate (and exclusive) for about 2 months. He has zero symptoms and cant remember a single outbreak either orally or genitally. Swears he had no clue he could possibly have been a carrier and I beleive him. Although I also know I could have been silently carrying it myself. I did have a 10 panel done about 4 or 5 years ago and was negative on everything. There's only been about 4 people since then, but my ex fiance was cheating on me so who knows?

doh!

Sounds familiar... my ex had zero symptoms- and more sexually active people than not carry one or other virus.