World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Leemell48

New to all of this

Leemell48

Hi everyone. I'm new to these forums. I'm not sure of my status since my possible exposure in September. I have been tested five days after exposure and it came back negative. I keep getting more and more symptoms on and off. I have been every doctor from primary, gyno, dermatologist and dentist. My anxiety is out of control that I've been prescribed ssris but scared to take it since I read that someone said it caused their outbreak. I have been having nightmares about sores covering my face and thighs. I feel terrified of my own body. Being on here has helped some with getting all of this off my chest. If anyone wants to talk I'm here. 

Tone123

I'm with you on the medication. Don't take it just focus on your life and don't stress too much. I'm kinda of in the same situation

Leemell48

@Tone123  It's so hard to not stress though. I try to and think it's going okay and then I get a shooting pain or my face itches somewhere new. It's frustrating 

Edited by Leemell48

Lulupazoola

Leemel48, just read around on the forum and u will learn things that will help u feel better.  I was having back to back breakouts a month ago and was just a prisoner of this thing.  I joined this forum, learned some stuff to try and have been BO free since then!  I believe its a combination of things that works for me, but i got the ideas right here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• sheenas
      By sheenas
      Im hsv2 and 1. its been like 18 months since i had a painful outbreak down there. Whyy dont i have sores down there or on my lips ? Is it because i have a healthy immune system that i could only have outbreaks long periods at a time?? 
      And with hsv1 can i still be contagious without a cold sore.. And how?
    • imtryingmybest
      By imtryingmybest
      Wow. So, I just got the test results about an hour ago. After calling my mom and sobbing uncontrollably, I did some reading. I read a lot about other women's experiences, and also ended up on this website. Needless to say, I am incredibly upset about it. I feel disgusting. Dirty, gross, like nothing. The worst part: I don't know who gave it to me. I have had more than one sexual partner this past month, and frankly, it is going to be fucking hard to tell them. I don't know how I am going to tell these people, how they will react, if they will tell our friends. Who will I be known as? Who will I become? I'm concerned about future relationships. How to tell those future boyfriends. Will anyone ever love me? I don't want this to become who I am, but right now in the moment, it's hard. Luckily, I am getting medication and seeing a therapist next week. I think that will help. I'm shattered. I'm currently in college, and this is going to be a chip on my shoulder for a while. It almost sucks not having other people know, because they have no idea how hard this is or what I'm going through-- getting diagnosed, all the symptoms, etc. For now, I'm going to try and just take each day at a time. Morale is low, will to live is low, but we always make it to tomorrow. Always. It's never the end, and I don't want this to be the end. Anyways, here I am: needing support, and also ready to give it. 
    • Spotted Dick Mccgee
      By Spotted Dick Mccgee
      The doctor couldn’t tell me for sure and I’m still waiting for the results. I had unprotected sex with a new partner about five days ago. Three days after I woke up with these red spots everywhere. If anything they’ve gotten smaller. There’s no pain/discharge and only minor itching and irritation of my foreskin. What do you think? 
      https://imgur.com/a/sccIpuE

• gypsygoddess
      By gypsygoddess
      Count your blessings and not your problems. Realize that yesterday is gone, today is here, and tomorrow is beginning.
      Let it go and seize the day while you still have it. 
      In the end, you will find your true self and love them even more. 
      Trust me. 
    • kellie1010
      By kellie1010
      Hello all, 
      First of all, wow. What a wonderful community of people here on honeycomb and across the web. I experienced my first outbreak of HSV 1- genital last week and I am so grateful of all the helpful tips and tricks and stories I have read. It truly helped me get through what has been the most painful week of my life: physically and emotionally. 

I got married in May 2018 to the man of my dreams after 4 very happy years of growth and love together. Literally days after we returned from our honeymoon I thought I had some severe chaffing from walking around and sweating. I was so tired, my vagina was inflamed, and soon after days of ignoring the issue/assuming it would go away, I had ulcers form all over my genital area. And I mean ALL over! 

Peeing felt like passing razor blades, I couldn’t clean myself properly, I was afraid to eat or drink, I could barely move and most of all the pain was unbelievable. Before I went to the Gynocologist and got visual diagnosis of herpes I thought it was anything, but that. I have been in a steady relationship for 4 years and I was certain there was no way this virus would sit dormant in me for that long. However, the Doctor took a look and told me it looked a lot like herpes. 

Through my sobbing and shock, I could barely pull myself together. I actually spoke to an on site therapist for about an hour about my fears of my new husband finding me disgusting and viewing me as a burden he was stuck with. I was terrified to tell him. 

However, when I shared the news I was met with unconditional love, understanding and concern. This negative situation actually brought us closer as newly weds. He has been a great support system for me. 

Now, the outbreak has cleared up, but I am experiecing some nerve and “phantom pains” down there. There’s a numbing pain in my butt and left leg that is incredibly irritating. Has anyone else experienced this? 

On another note, I am curious to hear stories of over coming the lack of sexiness and lack of libido after finding out you have herpes? How do you get back the confidence and urge to have sex again? 

Thanks for your time! 
      -K 

• Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • viralfrog
      I'm 99% confident that these are caused by Herpes. This is what they looked like when I first caught the virus, and in the same spots as well, although now much milder and smaller in size.  I have tested positive via swab when I first got the virus, and two times via blood test. However, since several people here are doubting my symptoms are caused by HSV, I might do another swab just to be sure. It's still good to rule anything else out beforehand. 
    • Nicki0605
      And btw  @ayekayelle I’m sorry you’re considering divorce. I hope you are able to work it out with him. But if you’re not happy I think it’s worth taking the risk of leaving! You deserve to be happy!
    • Nicki0605
      Ikr! I’ll have guys be like “oh yeah you’re right, you’re not gross or less valuable but it is a deal breaker” I don’t really blame them (because I am still coming to terms with it being “not a big deal”) 
    • G77
    • Quest
      It's very possible he or you were mostly a carrier. Neither one of you have to have sores all you have to do is shed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.