World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Hopingimwrong

Are these symptoms consistent with herpes?

Hopingimwrong

Quick backstory: 

Late Oct. I ran a fever up to 103 and got diagnosed with the flu and a sinus infection in early Nov. (assumed only, they "didnt have any swabs.") I noticed three spots "down below" during that time. Two inside my labia lips and one external at the top of my pubic bone. Went BACK to a different urgent care and was visually diagnosed with herpes and given valtrex for 7 days. He did not swab, even though I asked him to. They tried to draw blood, but I was so dehydrated from the fever and being sick, they couldn't get enough. Sores were tender if I got pee on then or touched them for about 36 hours and were completely GONE in 6 days. I took lots of pictures and my boyfriend kept an eye on things too. About a week of them being gone, the sore on top of my pubic bone came back. EXACT same spot. I've now had that sore about 4 days and it shows no signs of healing. 

Do herpes sores ooze pus for days? I know it's a gross question. But for 3 days my one and only sore has been puss-y. It's not copious amounts or anything, but I've had the yellow crusty stuff caught up in my pubic hair for days. I've been washing it out and it comes back. Little spots of yellow on my underwear too. It only hurts if I touch it or spread the skin around it.

Also have been dealing with "snot like" vaginal  discharge for over a week. Very slight yellow tint. No other symptoms, other than feeling slightly "off" down there.

I had taken a diflucan after my last round of antibiotics and have another I could take. I have yeast problems (diagnosed.) 

I absolutely plan on getting in to my doctor for blood work at some point. I have already dropped several hundred bucks into medical bills, and have zero answers. I also have no more time left at work. I have to wait until I build some leave up, and some money up before I can go back.

WilsoInAus

The pus does sound much more like there is bacterial cause. 

In terms of a blood test, it is best to wait until 12 weeks after the sores appeared otherwise the result will be inconclusive and you will probably want to test again at 12 weeks in any event.

Hopingimwrong

I plan on retesting at 12 weeks for sure, unless I get a positive now. A 10 panel was done 4 or 5 years ago and I was negative for both type 1 and 2. Other than the flu like symptoms (where I did actually have a lot of other stuff going on.....diagnosed yeast infection and respiratory issues,) the 3 original spots, and a couple "zings" in my nether regions, I had no other symptoms. No swelling, no lymph issues, no back/buttocks pain, etc. I know that everything varies wildly with hsv tho, so I know blood/swab is the only way to really tell. I just would like a "baseline" test for now. My boyfriend is working on getting his 10 panel done as well. Knowing for 110% certainty what I'm dealing with will be nice. Even though holding onto false hope that this isnt hsv isnt healthy and I know it. :-/

Edited by Hopingimwrong

WilsoInAus

I think you’re on the right track to get the full facts on the table so that’s awesome.

Remeber though that HSV is no more variable in its presentation that many other viruses and conditions. 99% of the time, herpes is as herpes does.

Hopingimwrong

Ok, another question. Do herpes lesions bleed? This sucker has started lightly bleeding. Im beginning to wonder if it's actually an ingrown hair. It looks possible, but I can't get my face close enough to tell. 

WilsoInAus
5 minutes ago, Hopingimwrong said:

Ok, another question. Do herpes lesions bleed? This sucker has started lightly bleeding. Im beginning to wonder if it's actually an ingrown hair. It looks possible, but I can't get my face close enough to tell. 

Generally not during the blister phase, but certainly if you knock a scab off or crack it. That happens a bit.

Hopingimwrong

I'm gonna try to post another pic. Only 2 more weeks and then I can get to the doctor. :'(

Hopingimwrong

Not sure how well imgur pics translate, but it almost looks like there is a sideways hair at the bottom. I just dont know. 

Crap, that's horrible quality. Grr. Pic below.

Edited by Hopingimwrong

Hopingimwrong

I had to make it very small to upload it, but hopefully its a better idea of what it currently looks like. This is day 5 of the sore. No valtrex this time. The others were gone completely in 6 days on valtrex

20181127_184037.jpg

Edited by Hopingimwrong

GlitterDx

That doesn't look like a typical herpes sore...  It looks painful though. Maybe infected? 

Wash with warm salt water and see if it clears up. Neosporin or peroxide. Just don't futz with it!

Otherwise maybe doctor time.

Edited by GlitterDx

Hopingimwrong

Thank you for checking it out. I honestly don't know what to think right now. It is tender if I poke it or catch it on my undies. Otherwise its fine. It itched the first night it popped up. I'm going to try to attach a picture of the first sore I got right there. 

GlitterDx

If you had a sore there already and it is in the same place now... it could be a herpes sore. And the itching sounds like herpes too.

Hopingimwrong

This was what initially popped up. It did this for less than a day, turned a little red, then was gone. It lasted like a total of 5 days, as it was the last of my initial 3 to pop up. It was COMPLETLY gone for a week. I paid close attention. Then 5 days ago came back into the exact spot it was, and has been pussing until the blood tonight. 

https://imgur.com/a/6ugRhjJ

GlitterDx

I am not a doctor but it just doesn't look like a typical herpes sore? Usually they are blisters. And small groups of them. 

Some people describe paper cuts instead of blisters but Ive not seen what the paper cut ones look like. 

You can have it swabbed at Planned Parenthood or your doctor? 

Edited by GlitterDx

Hopingimwrong

I have been struggling with (diagnosed) yeast. But I've struggled with that all of my adult life and have NEVER had sores in or on my labia. I am 39.

GlitterDx
2 minutes ago, Hopingimwrong said:

The other spots looked like this. (Rather.....involved pic, sorry.)

http://imgur.com/a/NDcMZej

Hmm maybe they are herpes. Do you have valtrex? If so take it. 

I wondered if it was yeast... actually. But just can't know :(

Hopingimwrong

The doctor who visually "diagnosed" me gave me 7 days of valtrex. I've been done with that for almost 2 weeks. (Urgent care doc, refused to swab.) 

So you think the inside sores look herpetic?

GlitterDx

You should go to a planned parenthood or another doctor for a swab... and a longer term antiviral if it is herpes.

Rikymann

Im not a doctor, but it does not look like herpes. From my std intense research after hsv2 diagnose, seems more like syphillis to me and maybe clamydia. Which I would say that it would be good news if that is the case since they are both curable. I would change doctor if I were you and do some complete std testing.

also your boyfriend should get tested, you both need treatment.