World's Largest Herpes Support Group
AnonF

Has anyone ever transmitted GHSV1 to someone?

AnonF

Hi, just wondering if anyone out there has transmitted Genital HSV1 to someone by mistake (after you knew you had it)? From what I have read it’s rare. If yes what were the circumstances? 

Mbtb

I was diagnosed with ghsv1 in July of 2017. I had one initial outbreak (small sore) that went away a few days after and haven’t had a symptom or outbreak (except a tiny bump here and there) since. And I’m very grateful for that. I was seeing a guy on and off over the course of 9 months. In the 6 times we had sex, we only used a condom twice. As far as I know he’s clean and hasn’t experienced even an itch. He was understanding when i disclosed to him. I’ve been seeing a new guy recently who’s older. I’m a 23f he’s 31. I’m hoping to find the courage to disclose to him so we can take things to the next level and pray he’s understanding. Hope I helped!

AnonF
On 11/29/2018 at 11:22 PM, Braino said:

@Mbtb, thanks for sharing your story. I hope all goes well with your new prospect.

Nobody has replied that they passed it on! I want to know about a circumstance where someone did. How it happened, whether condoms were used, how many times they had sex etc. I feel that most spreaders of herpes don’t know they have it. Maybe they have one little sore and don’t realize what it is and continue w the sex 

Braino
21 hours ago, AnonF said:

Nobody has replied that they passed it on! I want to know about a circumstance where someone did. How it happened, whether condoms were used, how many times they had sex etc. I feel that most spreaders of herpes don’t know they have it. Maybe they have one little sore and don’t realize what it is and continue w the sex 

I haven’t passed it on to my knowledge. I had protected sex once, and received unprotected oral sex from a few different partners. I would of thought someone would of replied with a yes. You might be right about people that don’t have it.

Ladyb2018

I received GHSV1 from oral sex and I am wondering the same thing , how often is it passed along ? 

WilsoInAus

The answer depends on whether the partner has HSV-1 already. In this case it is negligible.

If not. It may be about 1 in 10,000 episodes.

Ladyb2018
On 12/29/2018 at 12:58 AM, WilsoInAus said:

The answer depends on whether the partner has HSV-1 already. In this case it is negligible.

If not. It may be about 1 in 10,000 episodes.

Thank you and that’s pretty low . So is it safe to say it’s not transmitted often ? Which is weird because I got it pretty easily . 

WilsoInAus
3 minutes ago, Ladyb2018 said:

Thank you and that’s pretty low . So is it safe to say it’s not transmitted often ? Which is weird because I got it pretty easily . 

But yours was oral to genital, shedding occurs much more often from the mouth. Transmission this way is a 1 in 2,500 shot with no symptoms present.

stt816
Posted (edited)

I thought it was 1 in 5000?

For hsv1 to transmit to uninfected genital

Edited by stt816

Ladyb2018
1 hour ago, stt816 said:

I thought it was 1 in 5000?

For hsv1 to transmit to uninfected genital

Which ever number it is ...sounds like I was very unlucky smh 

yaboydatboy

I've personally passed it onto 2 different partners over the course of 3-4 years. I've seen many different partners during this period and had a lot of unprotected sex but only managed to give it to 2 individuals. To my knowledge I had no signs of an outbreak either which makes it even scarier. I assumed the first one was due to ohsv1 due to me going down on my partner, but I refrained from going down on the second partner and she was infected as well. All and all I find it surprising that only 2 have been infected instead of 5-6 but I am too paranoid now to have sex at all due to not knowing where the site of the infection is or when it is active. 

Ladyb2018
6 hours ago, yaboydatboy said:

I've personally passed it onto 2 different partners over the course of 3-4 years. I've seen many different partners during this period and had a lot of unprotected sex but only managed to give it to 2 individuals. To my knowledge I had no signs of an outbreak either which makes it even scarier. I assumed the first one was due to ohsv1 due to me going down on my partner, but I refrained from going down on the second partner and she was infected as well. All and all I find it surprising that only 2 have been infected instead of 5-6 but I am too paranoid now to have sex at all due to not knowing where the site of the infection is or when it is active. 

Wait so you have both oral and genital?  Which is highly unlikely 

Miss Horne
32 minutes ago, Ladyb2018 said:

Wait so you have both oral and genital?  Which is highly unlikely 

Lots of people here have oral and genital, I don’t think it’s as uncommon as people make it out to be. 

Ladyb2018
31 minutes ago, Miss Horne said:

Lots of people here have oral and genital, I don’t think it’s as uncommon as people make it out to be. 

Yea, different strands though . Unless he infected himself with genital by touching his mouth while an active outbreak . I recently just went to the doctor and she told me it was highly unlikely for me to pass my ghsv1 to my mouth . I’d have to not wash my hands period and just not be up on hygiene to do that . So seems interesting unless he has both 1 and 2 which is very possible 

AnonF

I have read that quite a few people carry both strains so that is a strong possibility 

Rockster

Well, 2 out of 3 have oral, so nearly everybody has it oral..

Having it on the genitals is a bit more rare, 1 in 6, isn't it?

RNY18

I tested positive for 1 & 2 in Nov. of 2018.

I have never had an oral lesion.

I had genital symptoms that I ignored, thinking it was something else in the Fall of 2017.

It reappeared in the Fall of 2018, got tested , came up positive for both.

Could  I give HSV-1 to someone now through kissing or oral even with no symptoms ?

Still dealing with the news, 

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks 

Edited by RNY18

Ladyb2018
9 hours ago, RNY18 said:

I tested positive for 1 & 2 in Nov. of 2018.

I have never had an oral lesion.

I had genital symptoms that I ignored, thinking it was something else in the Fall of 2017.

It reappeared in the Fall of 2018, got tested , came up positive for both.

Could  I give HSV-1 to someone now through kissing or oral even with no symptoms ?

Still dealing with the news, 

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks 

Yes , you can give it orally and genitally since you have both . 

Morpheo
On 11/26/2018 at 10:20 PM, AnonF said:

Hi, just wondering if anyone out there has transmitted Genital HSV1 to someone by mistake (after you knew you had it)? From what I have read it’s rare. If yes what were the circumstances? 

I got it from someone with Ghsv1, but i never pass it.

Braino
11 minutes ago, Morpheo said:

I got it from someone with Ghsv1, but i never pass it.

Have you had protected or unprotected sex and or oral sex sense you got it?

Morpheo
3 minutes ago, Braino said:

Have you had protected or unprotected sex and or oral sex sense you got it?

Never had vaginal or anal sex without protection since i got it. I dont use anything with oral sex, neither giving or taking oral sex