World's Largest Herpes Support Group

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• MikeHerp
      I'm excited about this vaccine and think it has a great chance to be approved.  However, this is not a "curative"vaccine. The vaccine is not "knocking out" the virus in the ganglia.  Rather, it is preventing the virus from reaching the ganglia when the virus newly infects a living thing.  Once the virus is in the ganglia, I understand this vaccine does not reach there.  This vaccine is not removing the latent HSV.  Rather, it's preventing it getting there in mice that were previously uninfected.  That's an important difference with the FHC work which is curative.  The work X-Vax has published recently is prophylactic work.   The vaccine may have therapeutic application--X-Vax has said it may.  But we will have to see further studies to see how much if any therapeutic user this will have.  
    • MikeHerp
      Recruitment Status  : Not yet recruiting   Not sure when this study will really start.  Hope it does though.  
    • MikeHerp
      I'd keep in mind the fact that AAVs produce an immune response.  So if you get this DIY thing, it may later be more difficult to benefit from the actual cure.  Dr. Jerome at FHC confirmed that, if you have been exposed to AAV, making it work on you again may require immune suppressants, etc.  FHC is using AAVs as well.  
    • WilsoInAus
      Hey @lar26 - well @Surfersparadise didn't read what you or I wrote. The situation is well beyond whether disclosure is an issue so it is not relevant in this context. It is a bit rich I have to say in receiving a lecture from someone with herpes who has not disclosed themselves for the bulk of their life. This is about making a rational decision on the basis of facts of the risks and what it means in a whole of life context. The odds are not an issue for the true decision your partner needs to make. If your partner cannot accept you as a person with HSV-1 orally, then sadly they can't and they are hence not the person for you. Unless someone is prepared to accept you for all that you are completely, then they are not partner material. You do not need to accept any compromise.
    • lar26
      @WilsoInAus thoughts on @Surfersparadise? I read up on an article that said risk of transmission while on antivirals is 1%. Combined with lysine, I haven't had an outbreak in forever.
Sign in to follow this  
floydmonk

Pregnancy without gHSV1 transmission to female

floydmonk

Hello,

About 5 months ago I was diagnosed with gHSV1. My wife does not have it genitally, but apparently has an oral case of it. She hasn't had a period in many years, and then last month it showed up! It's the first period she has had since we have been married (6 years).

We are now using condoms consistently, even during foreplay to prevent any risk. The "infection" seems to be limited in surface area and covered well by condoms. I've been outbreak free since the initial infection aside from mild neuralgia.

I have found a few products (POPDildo and The Semenette) which are designed for mixed status couples and lesbians who are trying to get pregnant. The device allows you to load sperm in a tube and ejaculate it out from a very nice dildo.

This is my plan:

• Keep sperm count high - Male Vitality Supplements / Zinc, etc.
  • Calculate the optimal fertility date for the following month
  • Collect or use fresh sperm in device to impregnate wife.

I wanted to run this by the forum and see if anyone had any theoretical concerns with transmission from sperm. I also wanted to share this plan because upon searching the forums the best I have seen was "hole in a condom", which has obvious flaws. Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by floydmonk

WilsoInAus

There really is no need to such lengths. Your wife already has the best prevention measure possible, an established oral infection. This means transmission odds are already negligible. 

Also note that it is extremely rare for there to be HSV in semen and it is probably not feasible to infect someone this way even if trace amounts were present (for a non positive partner).

I admire the use of condoms, but in the context of falling pregnant, talk to your doctors more. I’m sure they will explore the option of normal unprotected sex being low risk of issues to a potential pregnancy and is probably the best chance of your wife falling pregnant thus outweighing the risk.

Monty321

Hi Everyone.

I am just a newbee here and still not sure about my herpes status. Even i have the same question in my mind.

Please consult doctors first , may be IVF can be an option too.

The best possible way that i can think of is

1. Hsv+ male will remain on valtex for suppression almost a month till the ovulation period of hsv negetive female.

2. Predict the ovulation period of hsv negetive female and keep in testing through ovulation kits

3. The Male ejaculate in side a syringe ( no needle though). Pump the semen deep inside female carefully and wait for nature to take its course.

May sound crazy.  This will keep the female safe from hsv . She dontneed antiviral or C-section and can breast feed the newborn as well.

Edited by Monty321

WilsoInAus

Hey @Monty321 I’m sorry but that is a little crazy. Do you think your wife would even agree to that?

Mate, reason and calm, you’re wound up tighter than a prozzies g-string right now! You still have to have further testing, which will in alll likelihood reveal negative.