World's Largest Herpes Support Group
bigsusan

Outbreaks deep inside my nose...

bigsusan

I've been getting herpes outbreaks deep inside my nose, like up near my sinuses. The usual tingling I get in other areas, and lately stinging pains. I can't feel far enough up there to confirm bumps but I know the infection has spread. This is extremely frightening given the fact that herpes encephalitis is thought to transfer from the olfactory nerves (the nerves responsibility for transferring smells... in the deepest parts of the nose). 

I don't believe in god but i'm just praying it never goes up those olfactory nerves. Has anyone else felt breakouts up their nose? At this point I just want some solidarity at least. I feel like I was cursed with some of the worst symptoms of most people. 

Tacotime

Yes I actually believe my primary infection traveled up my olfactory to my brain and caused encephalitis/meningitis even though it was never diagnosed. I've since lost my sense of smell unfortunately.

bigsusan
11 minutes ago, Tacotime said:

Yes I actually believe my primary infection traveled up my olfactory to my brain and caused encephalitis/meningitis even though it was never diagnosed. I've since lost my sense of smell unfortunately.

Oh no I'm so sorry :(

Was your sense of smell gradually worsening over time or did it just go suddenly? And what other symptoms did you have that made you realize it was probably encephalitis?

WilsoInAus
17 minutes ago, Tacotime said:

This seems quite an exaggeration, what do you mean it was never diagnosed. Any suspicion of encephalitis would have been diagnosed.

Edited by WilsoInAus

Tacotime
9 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

This seems quite an exaggeration, what do you mean it was never diagnosed. Any suspicion of encephalitis would have been diagnosed.

I nearly died from the primary infection (no exaggeration)  but didn't visit the ER until months later when an MRI without contrast showed no apparent encephalitis.  As I learned from countless months of intense research pouring over all the literature, hsv encephalitis isn't always fatal and is a spectrum illness that presents from just confusion and photophobia to the extreme end with coma and respiratory failure etc.  

interestingly hsv encephalitis also effects the same areas of the brain implicated in Alzheimer's where herpes viruses are now being found in abundance.

Edited by Tacotime

Tacotime
9 hours ago, bigsusan said:

Oh no I'm so sorry :(

Was your sense of smell gradually worsening over time or did it just go suddenly? And what other symptoms did you have that made you realize it was probably encephalitis?

It happened quite suddenly after experiencing severe nasal and sinus pain/burning.

I suspected encephalitis because anosmia is a classic symptom as well as severe cognitive impairment and the continued sequelae I experience to this day.  Also had severe dysphagia and photophobia-can't say for sure encephalitis but definitely indicative of CNS infection and it became very clear my olfactory nerves played a big part in the process. I'm 90% bedbound 1 year later.

sameer82
1 hour ago, Tacotime said:

It happened quite suddenly after experiencing severe nasal and sinus pain/burning.

I suspected encephalitis because anosmia is a classic symptom as well as severe cognitive impairment and the continued sequelae I experience to this day.  Also had severe dysphagia and photophobia-can't say for sure encephalitis but definitely indicative of CNS infection and it became very clear my olfactory nerves played a big part in the process. I'm 90% bedbound 1 year later.

I also had sphenoid sinus and the doctor given me antibiotic it relieved a bit but i still get burning inside my nose and ..How bad was your photophobia ..mine was so bad i cant see sky in the daytime it just simply starts paining ..

WilsoInAus
3 hours ago, Tacotime said:

That’s all unfortunate but you must have a diagnosis of what actually caused this by now?

Gems
On 11/30/2018 at 2:09 AM, Tacotime said:

Hi Taco 

I know what it is like to have chronic illness and a tough time. We know our own bodies and what is real and you have my empathy.

I can't imagine how awful to have ones suffering minimised like that.  

Gems

WilsoInAus
55 minutes ago, Gems said:

Hi Taco 

I know what it is like to have chronic illness and a tough time. We know our own bodies and what is real and you have my empathy.

I can't imagine how awful to have ones suffering minimised like that.  

Gems

WARNING

@Gems is a forum troll we know as Jay.

He is a young male.

He does not have herpes.

Thank you, and we apologise for any distress or inconvenience.

cowpoke02

up the nose ..  gets into ny where it swells up .  that cause problems ..    even water ups the nose is dangerous you have to use distilled or rot the brain with water germs ..   

manuka nz honey .  new zealand  health ltd  .  condenses honey but be fun going up the nose .  

apricot power.com    buy apricot seeds ..  i am back to healthy now mostly  ..  enzymes and bitter food b17 b15  and what not ..   doing wonders for my internal problems  . . .   new zealand bio 30 propolis is strong stuff too .  same manual company for medical honey .   probably topical but it treats from inside out . got methyls in it and they attack the virus ..  

sticking to seeds and dried apricots and fruit . don't feed it  virus .  cut back sugar and triggers .   should be fine ..  worth  try . one big bad seeds ant to expensive .. last a while ..  eat few seeds hour  or one  . or more three times a day ..  i grab some every once while .. doing wonders . miracle actually .   i was having chronic problems  .  seems be working ..  get big bag go through out see how ya feel  in few weeks or until done ..  worth a try ..  i use it rest f my life . don't eat to many .  like 60 . i only had 45 at most .  usually 20 to  35 .. 

take care ..  i see old posts on apricot seeds .  asking if people tried it .  they never came back even to answer people questions if it worked .  few other people did same thing .  so i figure it works helps a lot . specially chronic internal issue ..    i figure it worked for them .  working for me .   

take care .. lots love ..  have great day .. 

oneday

Could anyone please tell me why hsv would suddenly start appearing up the nose after years of just oral infection?

bigsusan
On 2/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, oneday said:

Could anyone please tell me why hsv would suddenly start appearing up the nose after years of just oral infection?

When you have a herpes infection anywhere on your face, it infects your facial nerve network, which are all connected. So when an outbreak stops and the virus recedes to the root ganglion, it can technically travel to any branching facial neuron. 

The immune system is supposed to stop this from happening but some people aren’t so lucky.